The W.I.P Thread

So many months and I wondered almost every day why noone had created a Michel Vaillant livery/team yet :D
We'll It's in the working stage, I asked ML, but probable to
Whether you return or not, is of course up to you.

However I think that it's worth adding a comment. Credit where credit is due, I assume we agree about this. From what I have seen so far relating to this design, ML2166 is responding to a request from another user to add that design to a car. There is a big difference in coming up with a design (relatively straight forward technically), and actually applying that design to a 3D model skin of a car.

So far, all I have seen is a continuing process, with updated pictures of the current state of play. The design is not finished, and therefore not released yet. At this stage credit isn't due yet. When it is ready, I am sure that ML2166 will give credit to the original designer of the livery, not only because that is just and fair, but because ML2166 is a stickler from these sorts of credits from anyone using his designs and/or files himself.

This is as it should be, and I would be surprised if the correct credit was not given when the time comes.

So please, don't abandon the forum, feel free to check back and see how things have gone. Don't let other forum members words upset you, they are just a little over-protective towards a member who has done a lot of excellent work on their behalf. In reality ML2166 doesn't need this 'protective spirit', as he can express himself quite clearly, and often has :)

Well said! Fully agree and support your comment!

Whether you return or not, is of course up to you.

However I think that it's worth adding a comment. Credit where credit is due, I assume we agree about this. From what I have seen so far relating to this design, ML2166 is responding to a request from another user to add that design to a car. There is a big difference in coming up with a design (relatively straight forward technically), and actually applying that design to a 3D model skin of a car.

So far, all I have seen is a continuing process, with updated pictures of the current state of play. The design is not finished, and therefore not released yet. At this stage credit isn't due yet. When it is ready, I am sure that ML2166 will give credit to the original designer of the livery, not only because that is just and fair, but because ML2166 is a stickler for these sorts of credits from anyone using his designs and/or files himself.

This is as it should be, and I would be surprised if the correct credit was not given when the time comes.

So please, don't abandon the forum, feel free to check back and see how things have gone. Don't let other forum members words upset you, they are just a little over-protective towards a member who has done a lot of excellent work on their behalf. In reality ML2166 doesn't need this 'protective spirit', as he can express himself quite clearly, and often does. :)

Couldn't agree more.

My response would have just read *Mod Edit* after about 5 mins of it being posted.

:x3:

Yep only trouble with that is there is about 6 or 7 different shades of blue used, if I start to make them darker, they start tending to merge into each other and almost start to look like just one colour.

Oh, o.k, I see your point. Anyway, like I said, kick-ass livery either way mate.

Zzzauber w.i.p.
DsJ1AXW.jpg

It's too bad cause you always give credit to the original designer, however I understand how you must be feeling these days with some unwarranted comments from people that have not took time to read your previous posting and commentaries when you release a new design.

Please keep up your great work for the benefit of our community. There is more people it here that like what you do than people that do not!

F1canuck59

Yeah that one is not coming up for release. I don't need or want any backlash.
Because of one misinformed idiot who joined the site specifically to bitch and moan!? Personally I'd just say "f**k him" and go ahead.

It's a real shame, because that livery looked great man.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 485 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 320 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.1%
Back