The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

@garyjpaterson if you ever wondered what the Perrinn would look like without the Alfa-class submarine chassis/engine cover...

zUT1ksy.png

RHFiLFN.png

QyBcXZK.png

Just a quick sketch. Funny thing is if you take that away the similarities to the 2014 919 and R18 as well as the TS030 become somewhat apparent. Might just be a coincidence. Of course I took some artistic freedom in my presentation. Just might do a spin-off based on the original once that is done and released :).

Screenshot_krb_tiga_lotus_okayama_8-9-117-11-7-41.jpg

all you guys hammering out huge projects, while all I managed recently was... a roof scoop :rolleyes:

Testing Okayama, really great track that I can't compare to real life at all as I never heard of it before. But immersion wise this mod is way up in the Top 10, maybe even of Donington class, especially for the near track stuff like that slope there on the right or the rocky thing back there and ofc the myriads of simple tree walls that work perfectly at racing speeds. Perfect economical execution in my opinion @Mitja Bonca

I have not thought about that yet, most likely will have to use google and photoshop :)

Would be nice to have people with umbrellas for traditional "fake wet" version. I just drove Alfa Romeo GTA in fake wet track yesterday and it was super immersive for me after full wet yesterday. Happy that it is sunny and dry today :) But some rain is cool, but not too much :D

Too busy for any other stuff - watching revival, I barely manage the house work and even lack time to eat since yesterday.

It is all fault of Goodwood.

Was trying to find some footage of the car in motion to try and see how close mine looked, happy to see the same stuff on video as I do in-game, I was a bit worried I had done something wrong.

This is the 575 with GTC handling pack, which in theory should be stiffer than the 550, but check this, look at the rear under braking :roflmao: I was convinced I did my maths wrong :laugh:

QK9NEV2h.jpg

mHM9VOmh.jpg

NwNnJW9h.jpg

Rolls a bit too, this was literally seconds after Clarkson mentions how flat it corners :roflmao:

Here is mine, fairly close. Still some tuning to do on the areas that I'm missing hard data (bumpstops and ARBs mainly, all other suspension bits are locked down now).

G2HEOVEh.jpg

F2hEfcQh.jpg

owUBYq4h.jpg

550 is a grand tour car. It is completly normal for this type of car.
Yeah to be fair I was quite happy with the roll and nose pitch, but when I first realised how far the rear rose under braking I was slightly concerned I'd made an error - glad to see the real one does the same! Does seem to be unusually high compared to the Aston in the same image.

I actually think I've limited the travel a little too much, will ease off very slightly.

550 is a grand tour car. It is completly normal for this type of car.

Try to explain that to all the guys who wrote negative reviews on my 512... :roflmao:

Not me, not before I started this anyway, was convinced I was doing something wrong!

Hard to break those convictions once you get to know your heroes I suppose, could be disappointing for some and can't take it (so they'd rather complain about it).
I've got the same feeling on the 512 the first time I drove it with Jason's physics, but instead of complaining, I've decided to educate myself on how the real car would handle on a track. Turns out, that's what it is, guess it's the same case here with the 550.
We've got used to glorify these cars for the way they look, but how many can take them to a race track in real life and get to really push them hard as we do in AC?.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 56 28.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 37 19.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 4 2.1%