The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

tbISKPo.png

(old model screenshot, but you get the idea:roflmao:)
Those are 3d trees?
What track might this be?

i had a question today
how hard am i working on the seven(s) ?

Answer is
7_catlow.gif

seriously though

new investment came into play
as if i didn't have enough going on :rolleyes:
presented through a cheesy photoshop masterpiece.
z_280_frames.jpg

now i will see what takes longer; Create a car in 3D or full restoration on a real one...
Datsun 280z born in USA in 1978, imported in UK in 1988 then France in 2016, and being slowly dismantled in 2018 ! Finding vintage goodies in the glove compartment...

seriously though

z_280_frames.jpg

now i will see what takes longer; Create a car in 3D or full restoration on a real one...
Datsun 280z born in USA in 1978, imported in UK in 1988 then France in 2016, and being slowly dismantled in 2018 ! Finding vintage goodies in the glove compartment...
CONGRATS! Thats amazing. Seriously a dream car. L28ET? Even stripped this wouldn't have been cheap (I guess).

seriously though

z_280_frames.jpg

Congrats on getting an S30, great cars they are! Nice work on the photoshop too:D
It was one of the first cars I modeled from scratch actually, still needs a lot of work though:p
qSjbYqT.png

CONGRATS! Thats amazing. Seriously a dream car. L28ET? Even stripped this wouldn't have been cheap (I guess).
L28ET was never a factory option in the 280Z, they came out in the later S130. 280Z had a carbed L28 as stock, though an L28ET would be an easy swap (which no doubt some people would have done)

seriously though

z_280_frames.jpg

Congrats Ben! Wishing you the best for the project!

seriously though

z_280_frames.jpg

Best automobilia post on RD EVER period

Thanks for sharing!

Congrats on getting an S30, great cars they are! Nice work on the photoshop too:D
It was one of the first cars I modeled from scratch actually, still needs a lot of work though:p

L28ET was never a factory option in the 280Z, they came out in the later S130. 280Z had a carbed L28 as stock, though an L28ET would be an easy swap (which no doubt some people would have done)

Thanks guys! :inlove:

ah it crossed my mind to make it into 3D.
i already got a 3D model from the internet to mess around and find out what i'm gonna do with it.
I had to google L28ET so, i don't know :D it's the stock version, USA stock version with heavy bumpers, reduced power (decompressed 150 bhp) and messy injection and stupid air system. It has fuel saving tank as well, A/C and much other things that i dropped already. Few serious rust point that needs fixing, and a whole interior to clean and make great again :p
upload_2018-3-28_21-1-30.png

Will try to redo the engine, keeping it but reaching 200bhp with new pistons, exhaust, injection etc.
Fun times ahead, and keeping most of my weekends and paychecks busy till next year :confused::roflmao::cry::whistling:

Last edited:

ah it crossed my mind to make it into 3D.
i already got a 3D model from the internet to mess around and find out what i'm gonna do with it.
I had to google L28ET so, i don't know :D it's the stock version, USA stock version with heavy bumpers, reduced power (decompressed 150 bhp) and messy injection and stupid air system.
I would just go full Megasquirt on it.. tho probably because that is one of the few car tuning related things I have done so far :whistling:

Will try to redo the engine, keeping it but reaching 200bhp with new pistons, exhaust, injection etc.
Fun times ahead, and keeping most of my weekends and paychecks busy till next year :confused::roflmao::cry::whistling:

OT warning...

DO IT! 200hp from 2.8L sounds familiar, I got that from a bit less than 2.7L. Not many things in life of a motoring enthusiast more satisfying than building your own engine :)

uHHDee9.jpg

nzSH5TT.jpg

JfsW2Tz.jpg

JlszmLy.jpg

seriously though

z_280_frames.jpg

Awesome car man! my dad used to have one when i was young, unfortunately he didnt have it for too long but i still remember it. Sunday drives were the best.

Fiddling with techniques for making headlights actually be properly bright. I think right now the bulb's up to like, 12000 in the lights.ini. (partly cause the base chrome diffuse texture is essentially black)
3MXgBvl.jpg
Bit of a nitpick but I think the headlights should be a bit more yellow since its those old halogen like bulbs. Also be careful with the brightness, so many people use ppfilters with bloomer multiplers which causes lights to go crazy. I think I used 9000 for rear lights of the supra and several vr users said it way too bright.

Fiddling with techniques for making headlights actually be properly bright. I think right now the bulb's up to like, 12000 in the lights.ini. (partly cause the base chrome diffuse texture is essentially black)
3MXgBvl.jpg
i spent some time on the cat 1700 to try do something as well
first i tried the same you did, very bright to get the glow/streak effect

but i ended up having
Code:
[LIGHT_0]
NAME=mainlight inner
COLOR=35,30,15
with a opacity mask in front to still have the black parts effect of inside the lights
upload_2018-3-29_10-38-50.png
that's the mask
upload_2018-3-29_10-39-39.png
that's the diffuse lit below

at the end, they don't look very bright, but you keep all the details. And since there is no night mode... it's acceptable to me :p

Bit of a nitpick but I think the headlights should be a bit more yellow since its those old halogen like bulbs. Also be careful with the brightness, so many people use ppfilters with bloomer multiplers which causes lights to go crazy. I think I used 9000 for rear lights of the supra and several vr users said it way too bright.
Good, headlights should be blinding if you stare right into them.

It is yellow, just that my pp filter turns anything whiter when it gets bright. Could exaggerate more I suppose.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 480 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 291 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 317 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 144 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 187 27.2%
Back