The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

artist's impression
CnsBOhC.jpg

this was actually the first thing I changed but there are no gold plated monacos so no reason to demonstrate it. And really it should have a brushed detail map or something but this is just a blank one.

Last edited:
0JSvOek.jpg

Just a kinda dirty job of demonstrating it, but satin black with paint fresnel to gold/full chrome fresnel. I followed the original shader in one regard (reflections only start to blur around specularEXP = 8 which is tbh very low) but might tweak that so you can have a meaningful specular spot with soft reflections.

I am updating the skin previews of my skins ingame and for skins I will upload here.
Which version do you prefer?

Ugh... When you said "which version do you prefer?" I thought you were saying that each skin was unique in some way. I may have made myself cross-eyed I was staring at those skins so closely. :confused: :laugh: :roflmao: :redface: I like #2 as well. Love some reflection from the floor.

When you guys download new cars or skins, do you keep the preview file that comes with the car? I have a CM Showroom Preset that I like (forgot who made it) and I prefer to have ALL my cars having the same look. Slightly OCD, I know. When I install multiple cars or skins I often forget to go into Content > Cars and make the appropriate changes.

Ugh... When you said "which version do you prefer?" I thought you were saying that each skin was unique in some way. I may have made myself cross-eyed I was staring at those skins so closely. :confused: :laugh: :roflmao: :redface: I like #2 as well. Love some reflection from the floor.

When you guys download new cars or skins, do you keep the preview file that comes with the car? I have a CM Showroom Preset that I like (forgot who made it) and I prefer to have ALL my cars having the same look. Slightly OCD, I know. When I install multiple cars or skins I often forget to go into Content > Cars and make the appropriate changes.
Ha ha I’m with you there all the previews gotta be the same it looks tidier that way..

My vote goes to #1. I can't decide if I like this angle better or not, though; I'm drawn to it because it's different, but I don't know if I actually like this side or the other one more tbh.

I've got a slightly modified default scene setup with slightly brighter lighting, driver in the car, wheels turned and the lights on that I use for everything. All skins need to have the same previews for me, too.

I use the vanilla preview for vanilla content and a custom preview for mods...changing the previews for whatever mod or skin I download is the first thing I do before I even go on track.
Updating previews is the first thing I do when I install a new mod, then I browse RD for new skins (that I update) - best is when they're from real cars -, then I get rid of ugly/fake bundled skins.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%