The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

It's been pretty annoying for me personally going from normal cad modeling to 3ds max since I have to care about very different things in terms of model quality.

As a 14 year Solidworks vet trying to learn Blender, I feel your pain. It's basically a completely different workflow and mindset in every single way.

As a 14 year Solidworks vet trying to learn Blender, I feel your pain. It's basically a completely different workflow and mindset in every single way.
I've got a little bit of experience with surface modeling in NX because it plays nicer than Solidworks with the CFD suite we use which is helping a little bit but it's the complete wrong type of surfacing for any sort of modding. If I tried to import any of my NX files into 3ds max I'd probably kill everything with the number of verts.

4FRh8GD.jpg

No wheel models? Just use the app that draws them in...

9hSx04o.jpg

Bunch of curves meeting in the radiator exits, didn't get as much done today as I should have. I'd say the exterior body is like, 75% and I wanted 90%+ today.

@Stereo I think you mentioned in a post with the Monaco that you don't use use subdivision; I can't fathom how much of a pain in the arse it must be to get such smooth curves without on high poly models. Respect.

@Stereo

Well it's fine work for a short time. I know it's easy to forget your ability sometimes or feel like you've stagnated, so just remember that.

How does this look? I started over because I had no idea how to efficiently continue the old model. Maybe now I can build a better foundation. This would be try 4, or 5. :rolleyes:

260119_0828.JPG

260119_0828_2.JPG

260119_0829.JPG

@Stereo I think you mentioned in a post with the Monaco that you don't use use subdivision; I can't fathom how much of a pain in the arse it must be to get such smooth curves without on high poly models. Respect.
I'm just used to it I guess. It's not that high poly though; about 1000 quads per half atm. Where I need more, I'll add more (like the weird bulge on the cockpit that's currently just 2 quite different profiles)
5RhwdhN.jpg

Yay, another one star review because I updated the car again (which was a must due to an AI bug). There really are some serious dorks out there.

He has a point there, however rating worst possible rating for that is just simply mean.

I have learned that ratings are heavily about your image as an artist. Perhaps quality of a mod is not even a primary factor, perhaps great image is more important. It is simply a badge/brand principle. I bet if you had established superb image no one would even have balls to criticize you.

That's not fair. I don't think the members of RD are so shallow or so guilable to only rate mods highly if they think the modder is a nice person :O_o:

Are you seriously suggesting that I have 1 or 2 of the top rated mods for AC because I never argue with people on the forums (which I do, btw)? I could have just a nice guy and churned out shitty tracks instead of spending 6 months+ on each one :roflmao:

@AadHofman

Sorry to still keep it off topic, but I believe such a thing should not bother you. It's just human nature.

You should do it for yourself first and foremost. If others enjoy it, it's a plus. :thumbsup:

If it was one-star review saying that "I hate this effing car and how it drives" I could accept it. But not for updating it too often! As I said before, it must be so, so frustrating to download all the free content.

I have learned that ratings are heavily about your image as an artist. Perhaps quality of a mod is not even a primary factor, perhaps great image is more important. It is simply a badge/brand principle. I bet if you had established superb image no one would even have balls to criticize you.
And how does one establish this 'superb image/brand'? Might it have something to do with, oh I don't know, actually making good content? Crazy suggestion I know, to think that quality of mod and 'image' of the mod-maker go hand in hand... :rolleyes:

If it was one-star review saying that "I hate this effing car and how it drives" I could accept it. But not for updating it too often! As I said before, it must be so, so frustrating to download all the free content.
If it bothers you just report it. RD take down reviews that are not criticisms of the content itself.

Last edited:
It's because we are used to download finished mods (or as much finished as possible) it's a bit annoying to have almost daily downloads, weekly, whatever. What I do is to unfollow it so I don't get more alerts and get back in a month.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%