The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

. If anyone knows the font used for the side numbers that'd be very helpful (I'm assuming an Impact variant)
Iuy10Et.jpg

Try these fonts:
https://www.whatfontis.com/FF_OPTICompit-Regular.font
opti compit.JPG

If that is too thick try the light variant.
https://www.whatfontis.com/FF_OPTICompit-Light.font

Last edited:
Thanks, looks good enough.

It's lucky everyone's expectations are being tempered by the like, 60% effort I'm putting into it cause man, the side UV map is really bad. That's what clicking 'unwrap' in blender does to flat surfaces.
fQn5lah.jpg

WOSoy3b.jpg

Gonna include 2-3 de-logoed liveries like this just cause... yeah a car with 1 skin is a bit much. Just gotta decide what paired colours.
um0hjeL.jpg

I know Nissan likes blue/red/white so I did a red/white one.

Last edited:

It's lucky everyone's expectations are being tempered by the like, 60% effort I'm putting into it cause man, the side UV map is really bad. That's what clicking 'unwrap' in blender does to flat surfaces.
fQn5lah.jpg

WOSoy3b.jpg

Gonna include 2-3 de-logoed liveries like this just cause... yeah a car with 1 skin is a bit much. Just gotta decide what paired colours.
um0hjeL.jpg

That's a really beautiful model, looking forward to it's release!

Ooh, is that a 930?!

Turn signals running along hood and into front fender indicates pre-G series 911. G model 911 is what's called 930, this is a '63-'74 A-F series original 911. Magnus Walker style :). Love that thing. With a good base model the possibilities in terms of physics modding, custom suspension, wheels, bodykits, skins...endless bliss!

Please rock on with that model.

fQn5lah.jpg

WOSoy3b.jpg

um0hjeL.jpg

Jeeze man...throwing me right back to those glorious GT3&4 days even though that model was never in the game. It's a beauty!

Turn signals running along hood and into front fender indicates pre-G series 911. G model 911 is what's called 930, this is a '63-'74 A-F series original 911. Magnus Walker style :). Love that thing. With a good base model the possibilities in terms of physics modding, custom suspension, wheels, bodykits, skins...endless bliss!

Please rock on with that model.
Indeed. I really like the torsion bar 911's look so it's the first thing I thought about. Immediately after 964: then I saw the round thing on the bonnet. :thumbsup: However I'm still learning on the job with this one, still need to learn the intricacies...

First I'm making the base model NA 964, and upgrading it appropriately to the specs of this specific car, so if anyone wants to model a genuine stock 964...

Sorting out a last few things, first release may be ready Sunday or Monday depending on bug finding (and getting driver animation ready)
JZ2iIRB.jpg

The wiper blade has to be curved to match the windscreen where it sits rested so it hovers a little above in the center (which is ~flat) but I figured it should look its best while stationary.

964_rear.JPG

Camber

328 60mm = 1.9, 0.73
308 40mm = 1.1, 0.70
288 20mm = 0.4, 0.45
268 0mm = 0.0
248 -20mm = -0.88, -0.67
228 -40mm = -1.65, -1.54
208 -60mm = -2.39, -2.62
188 -80mm = -3.09, -3.92

Anyone wager there's a way to get it closer? Because I'm not aware of one. Calling all bodge experts. :roflmao:

Since when did I gain a reputation for making cars fast? :roflmao: #fakenews I tell ya!
I have plenty of projects that will stretch over 3 years or so, I'll make sure the 550 takes at least as long as the Transit did :cool:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 0 0.0%