The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Turns out with a clutch dump it can pick the front wheels off the ground (admittedly bumpstops might not be right)... probably too much engine inertia and not enough wheel inertia or something. Plus maybe an overestimate of how far back the CoG ends up.
BejPFj3.jpg

Yes, yes it is...

992Oh5Y.jpg

I need to file a bug report on Barbagallo, the bridge's collider is lower than its visual (a bit under the starting lights). So you have to take it at the far right (most clearance) and it goes something like this...
AOUxwl2.gif

Get it fully sideways on the grass, top of the stairs clips the bridge adn it rolls onto its side enough to get under, then pops back upright. Or doesn't, depending.

Yes, yes it is...

992Oh5Y.jpg

I need to file a bug report on Barbagallo, the bridge's collider is lower than its visual (a bit under the starting lights). So you have to take it at the far right (most clearance) and it goes something like this...
AOUxwl2.gif

Get it fully sideways on the grass, top of the stairs clips the bridge adn it rolls onto its side enough to get under, then pops back upright. Or doesn't, depending.
Inspired by GIF...

Reactions: Wiz
What is it about such tiny, ridiculous, insignificant details that I'm just drawn to simulating..?

Anyway, if you do ever feel a little warm whilst motoring, then rest assured you can just pop open one or both of these flaps, allowing the fresh cold air in to cool your knees down. Too cold? Then tough luck, it doesn't come with a heater.

L50weYnh.jpg

6sqYtFch.jpg

From my testing, both open add approximately a whole kg of drag at top speed (60mph) :confused: So make sure to close them when racing, else risk being shown up at first straight!

WOW! I had three of these in my mis-spent youth, including one I drove the wheels off of powered by a small block Chrysler! Any remote chance you'd ever consider doing a street rodded version?
(First post thru my tablet, have NO idea how it ended up so far from the post I was commenting on?!?!? Belongs on page 35!)

Last edited:
I've got an invitation to real Nemuno Ziedas track today ! Thats what I'm working on now haha

A little bit negative subject here. I'm wondering if abuse of mod updates does any good for the mods, seems like some are abusing it a lot, some seems they do it so their mods stays on top of the list, you know who they are. I'm working on this philosophical question right now too. Is it ethical ? Also if I download mod in a few days after release, and it gets updated right after, I usually get a bit frustrated.

Nice, more FWD action to AC!! if you need any help on camera matching just drop me a line.
I wouldn't advice working on several projects at a time, but well, I know the feeling :) nowadays I try to finish each project properly and move on to the next. That's why I'm working so hard on the Sera to get it done soon so I can move on to another project.

Thought this would be the place to post these kind of pics... fun stuff happens when you copy/paste too many data files at once... not the kind of tuning what I was expecting! lol

View attachment 177887 View attachment 177888
Schlammed

Feels like I run into this problem in every car I make... the driver's an enormous person and doesn't fit in vehicles meant for normal humans.

wAOcQwH.jpg

This is after making him 10cm shorter and really sinking into the seat, he's still touching the headliner.

Tell me about it, had to fit him into the S800, he's got a big ass I tell you that :)

That truck is looking hot as it is!

Got a good photo of the Dubai 24h approval sticker today from a team member and I finally finished it up. Quite a bit frustrating, spending 2 hours creating this as close to the original as possible:

Approval.jpg

To have it scaled down in to this even on a 4K skin:

__custom_showroom_1489708570.jpg

Might have gotten a bit carried away while doing it and I can´t say I didn´t have fun, but still it makes you question your sanity. I guess the 3D creating people have this a lot worse even :D

Starting to look recognisable now, bottom half not far off, top half still plenty to get on with. Should look more like an RS when I get the spoiler on and front bumper details.

Some 3ds pics:

cD7Rfaih.jpg

yIpmsOuh.jpg

BCPO7VUh.jpg

Av01pSvh.jpg
Could you show a close up of some panel seam? I wonder what approach you use there, it looks really good.

That looks like lots of polygons.

Do you have a closer shot?

You're clearly using 3DS Max, have you checked the polycount thread on face normals?

Care to try a different method for a side by side compare?

I need to start putting my car mesh (Z4) into AC to see how it looks. I'm trying many different chamfers but so far I've just got a strip of faces perp to the panel, one at 45deg to the panel, then the panel main poly flow.
I *think* you could even lose the one per to the panel surface.

Lots of polys in these details that could then go elsewhere... hmmmm.

I love the Focus RS though, I started one in about 2006 haha... still just the main mesh and outline. Oh the days of doing a full car in about 10-15k polys :D

Dave

That looks like lots of polygons.

Do you have a closer shot?

You're clearly using 3DS Max, have you checked the polycount thread on face normals?

Care to try a different method for a side by side compare?

I need to start putting my car mesh (Z4) into AC to see how it looks. I'm trying many different chamfers but so far I've just got a strip of faces perp to the panel, one at 45deg to the panel, then the panel main poly flow.
I *think* you could even lose the one per to the panel surface.

Lots of polys in these details that could then go elsewhere... hmmmm.

I love the Focus RS though, I started one in about 2006 haha... still just the main mesh and outline. Oh the days of doing a full car in about 10-15k polys :D

Dave

yRjmqvG.jpg

I've just been doing it the same way Kunos cars are AFAIK (judging by their wireframes in Content Manager). Not sure of any other way to do it, but I just use the quad chamfer tool with 0 edge tension, which is quite quick for me.

It also works great for LOD B, because you can just remove the two edges either side of the panel gap, but keeping the same geometry.

Here is a pic of a Kunos mesh - No idea if there is a more tri-efficient way of doing it, but its simple so I stick with it.

qsLoZrD.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah it looks like you've got a support loop into the edge, which you can probably skip, and then have a geometrically more accurate 'curved' poly flow with a 45deg chamfer.
Then for LOD B just not have a perp row. So saving one row on each edge on LOD A/B.

**BUT** I've yet to try this... haha... so ignore me for now unless you're into experimenting and tinkering with things a lot :D

I think I mentioned this on your Transit thread haha.

Do you have a project folder set up that I can have at all? Mainly I just want something I can drop my FBX in from Max, and run AC and select a car and it just show my mesh.
At least that way I can check the method and see how good it looks?

PS, I'm not sure how familiar with all the tools in Max (16/17?) but I really like WrapIt by Matt Clark.
It makes retopo work really nice, but the 'flow' setting tools for adding/removing loops, extending edges and generally making your topology neat nice and quickly are really great.
Apparently Max increasingly offers these features built it, but I still find Matt's plugin more reliable, faster and generally very useful for the money.
Also he still fully supports it, it was around from Max9 iirc, but he still updates for the latest versions too!

I'll have to start my Z4 WIP thread moving a bit and then I can at least post pics of it and we can start discussing pros and cons of different techniques etc... not many people seem to have gone through different chamfers and efficiencies/visual results so I think it'd be worth doing?!

Cheers

Dave

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 1 12.5%