The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

30s Reims, Thillois
Screenshot_hss_1934_alfa_romeo_p3_reims_gat_19-3-124-16-48-49.jpg

Life's been pretty turbulent lately, but I've had a little time to progress on this. To-do list for the main LOD is getting shorter, but there's still lots of details to add before I start the final textures and optimization. She'll get there!

View attachment 753204View attachment 753205

It looks great, but that rear wing doesn't look convincing to me. It's too far forward. The rear wing should work with the diffuser, to increase the low pressure at the exit of the diffuser and thus speed up and help extract the air from the underfloor.

This is an exempt from the book Competition Car Aerodynamics:

1715530778861.png

(...)
1715530841581.png

Awesome work! After your Chinook road car and your protos this looks to be another exciting project!
Thanks! :)

It looks great, but that rear wing doesn't look convincing to me. It's too far forward. The rear wing should work with the diffuser, to increase the low pressure at the exit of the diffuser and thus speed up and help extract the air from the underfloor.

This is an exempt from the book Competition Car Aerodynamics:

View attachment 753337
(...)
View attachment 753339
Thanks!

In this case, the wing is positioned similarly to other GT4 class cars, where aero figures are far lower than in Group C. The only GT4 cars I looked at where the trailing edge of the wing extended past the car's bodywork were the Audi and the Supra. All the rest have it pretty much aligned with the rear bodywork, if not a bit forward of it. Also note that there's a bit of optical illusion at play here, as the rear wing has a fairly substantial curve as seen from above (like many GT4 cars), so the end plates are further forward than the bulk of the wing's profile. :)

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 9 25.0%