thrustmaster t 300 settings/ams

tried to help a friend, who is new in sim racing, with his brand new thrustmaster t 300 alcantara edition. felt pretty good in race room racing experience by default. but in automobilista, i could not find good settings. the cars feel very light and even with force feedback boost at 100%, it still has a feeling like driving on ice. yeah, there is a vibration in the wheel, but i never have a feeling for the street. another thing: on long straights like in montreal's last sector, i can go without hands on wheel, nothing happens, car holds the line. even with an old logitech g 27, the wheel starts shaking in that case and on the first bump you go off.
in ams, i am about 3 seconds away from my average laptimes, because of this missing feeling for the tyres on the street. wheel is not broken, calibration works well and ffb feels decent in other games. but in ams it is crap.

it is a bit embarrassing for me now, cause i told my friend to buy this wheel, as i had heard that it should be a decent wheel for beginners, not too expensive. he fell in love with ams playing at my pc with my old g27 or my fanatec setup. and now, he has no fun in playing the game on his system. any hints?

Also adjusting the realfeel file did it for me, Google T300 automobilista settings. It gets mentioned in there, plus what are his TM CP settings? I've got my fan forced on, and running all the time (Google that). But that way I can run above the normal recommended strength settings. I think I've got mine running on,

Overall strength 100

And all the others are on 70-90 except spring and damper, I think I've got them on 5-10 each. Then just run 360 rate ffb in game. Works a treat, heavy steering, communicative.

yes, thanks, googled that already. we got closer to good feeling now. in the first moment, i was just astonished how tricky it is with that wheel and ams. with my fanatec or the old g 27, i have one simple setting for the cars (except some mods which feel extremely different) of the game and it feels communative, without playing around with settings for hours.

the t 300 has really nice force feedback, not bad for this price, much smoother as g25/27/29 of logitech. only the standard pedals which come with the ferrari edition are crap. ok, clutch inluded, but the feeling is not good out of the box and the material is not very stable. here, the g 27/29 pedals are hard to beat in it's price class. stable, robust, good reaction, agreable ergonomic position of the pedals, really good for a product of the "lower class". i know some people who combined the logitech pedals with a t 300/500 wheel. thrustmaster sells the needed adapter themselve.

This was the section of a thread I read talking about. Your mate needs to go into the realfeel file and adjust the minforce parameter. Really helps to add weight. But like I said, do force fan on and I've got my TM CP settings on 100 except spring and damper as mentioned above. That gives good FFB.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200504-191119.png
    Screenshot_20200504-191119.png
    340.6 KB · Views: 245
thanks, we will give it a try when i am at my friend's flat next time. can altering the realfeel damage the wheel? sorry for asking, but i have no experience with that file, never have changed anything in it before.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 253 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 203 27.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 140 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%