thrustmaster tss handbrake sparco mod (UPGRADED SPRINGS) mod

Got the thrustmaster tss handbrake sparco mod for the handbrake use only on my rig the handbrake is fantastic build quality etc but lacks IMHO throw length feel and overall strength power needed to pull the brake on etc
the springs used by thrustmaster are short throw about 25mm in length so progressive pressure is realy only 25 mm,
So to find better springs was needed,just so happens i have a load of valve springs from various motorcycle i have owned in the past.
and what fits perfectly are the
SUZUKI GS 550 EXHAUST SPRINGS
SUZUKI GS 750
the ones I am using are the Suzuki gs 1000 exhaust valve springs.
started off first with the gs 1000 spring on its own made about i would say 2 1/2 times more strength needed to pull the handbrake back
now though i have both the original spring and the gs 1000 spring together strength needed now excedes 5 times if not more needed to pull back.
Suppose i could take apart again and measure the forces with a set of scales and a rig to get exact results but hey now the handbrakes progressive spring strength,length are spot on.
The springs can be easily found on ebay,etc for around a tenner a pair
IMG_20181021_173454__1540314042_86430.jpg

Hi! Strange question maybe, but do you have problems with the tensionscrews keeps unscrewing? Still on original screws and it happens after just a couple of runs

Upvote 0
started off first with the gs 1000 spring on its own made about i would say 2 1/2 times more strength needed to pull the handbrake back
now though i have both the original spring and the gs 1000 spring together strength needed now excedes 5 times if not more needed to pull back.
Thanks for sharing....that's brilliant and I will look into this as well.:thumbsup:...I did a quick 'Rubber Mod' on my TSS Handbrake a while ago (link below)...but yours looks more adjustable with different spring tensions available.

Upvote 0
Got the thrustmaster tss handbrake sparco mod for the handbrake use only on my rig the handbrake is fantastic build quality etc but lacks IMHO throw length feel and overall strength power needed to pull the brake on etc
the springs used by thrustmaster are short throw about 25mm in length so progressive pressure is realy only 25 mm,
So to find better springs was needed,just so happens i have a load of valve springs from various motorcycle i have owned in the past.
and what fits perfectly are the
SUZUKI GS 550 EXHAUST SPRINGS
SUZUKI GS 750
Suppose i could take apart again and measure the forces with a set of scales and a rig to get exact results but hey now the handbrakes progressive spring strength,length are spot on.
The springs can be easily found on ebay,etc for around a tenner a pairView attachment 275287
Probably a stupid question and I'm very late with this but I've just bought the spring and have disassembled but how do I squeeze the springs enough to get them in and put the first nut on. I can get the motorbike Spring on but would like more tension like yours so need the trustmaster spring on too. Any help would be appreciated

Upvote 0

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 496 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 304 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 327 45.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 159 22.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 27.0%
Back