rF2 Touring Masters @ Portimao Algarve - Mon Sept 13th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
As i said only race 1 for me.

Started from P5 and at entrance for turn 1 within braking zone many passed me (might be P 10 at that point) ended up in a big mayhem right after T 1. I guess I was one of very few who managed a proper line at all. Then someone reentered track, hit me and a puncture was the result.
Made it back to pits rejoined again when front people passed by on straight. I flashed light to sign them by. Everything worked fine so far until Chris passed. To recapitulate, right from pit exit I was on the very inside line as there was no space to change to the outside as the whole field was passing. Here we go, Chris made an almost spin into tight T3, I passed him still on the very inside line after T4 I pulled left to clear race line and he made his pass. Right afterwards he pulled right in front of me, made a full stop ... maybe to "revenche" me, to "educate" me?

Well for me personal that's a certain kind of juvenile habit, a certain manner I for one won't share my passion with, it's way too hostile to do a sim racing game together.

Edit: I have to say big sorry, after the incident I hit escape but in opposition to the Simbin games one have to use mouse and click Exit To Monitor. Meanwhile the car heads straight without control. Sorry Chris for hitting you and I fear the driver behind was involved too by me. I messed up escaping but nothing on purpose

• Massimo Caputi

Nice race . Maybe i needed a more performant car... but BMW E30 so funny ;-)

Anyway i have yet seen that there are a lot of very fast drivers...i had no doubts ! :)

Edit: I have to say big sorry, after the incident I hit escape but in opposition to the Simbin games one have to use mouse and click Exit To Monitor. Meanwhile the car heads straight without control. Sorry Chris for hitting you and I fear the driver behind was involved too by me. I messed up escaping but nothing on purpose

Yeah I was behind you and Chris at the time and it seemed a very strange accident. You gave me a scare, but no harm done.

For me were two very fun races, specially the first one keeping the pace with some of the fastest guys in WTM and finishing in 6º place.

In second I made a spin on the Portimão corner on the second or third lap and lose a few seconds, but still manage to finish in 7º place.

Really enjoy this Algarve track, I hope you also, expect to see it more times in the RD Racing Club.

Thanks everyone who joined and RD team.

Practice went horrible, really struggled for lines and grip with the Sierra.

Quali 1: Was on for a great lap time but messed up the final sector to be 8th.

Race 1: Bogged down a bit at the start which let Chris past but luckily there was a pile-up and I was up into third. Held off Anders until the end of the first lap until he got past. I was able to stay with him as Amir spun off. Stayed on his tail until about lap 6 when I got some wheelspin out of turn 5 and lost a couple of seconds. Gary was now only 4 seconds back and was slowly catching then all of a sudden at the end of lap 9 I see Anders stuck on the curb. I managed to get past as he recovered and Gary was right with him just a couple of seconds behind me. The last two laps were incredible. Both Anders and Gary caught me up quickly and were all over the back of me and they were changing positions regularly. In the penultimate corner of the last lap, I ran a bit wide and both Anders and Gary (who were side-by-side) were looking down the inside of me. I managed to get some traction to keep the position but Gary caught right up onto my tail around the last corner and we went across the line almost together but I just held on to finish 2nd (1st podium in WTM :)). The three of us were seperated by only 3 tenths at the end.

Quali 2: Better lap to take 5th.

Race 2: Good start but lost a place into turn 1. Had a battle with Amir for a couple of laps before I got past and then proceeded to go into the kitty litter at turn 8. Lost about 10 seconds in there and came out in 8th. Got past Chris when he span off and then caught up to Kjell and Amir. Got past Amir again but Kjell was a bit too far ahead so I came home in 6th.

Thanks to Ryan, RD, and those I had bettled with :)

Recent Spa laps came in handy giving a sense of comfort in the Sierra,added to that some good track knowledge and i felt good to fight up front,sadly i played the fall-guy role at T1 copping a punt around,this made for a highly enjoyable fight back race rounding it all off nicely with a massive 3 way dust up with Anders and Adz!...brilliant!.

Away good enough in race 2 to just barely maintain my 3rd place start but Sam really snapping at my heels as we kept in touch with Chris and Toby just ahead,the more Chris and Toby got involved the easier it was to home in and eventually pick up on their mistakes and grab a gift of a lead,made enough gap to relax to the finish.

Many Thanks Ryo/Ivo & RD

R1: Took p1 after couple corners and then was saving tyres for the rest of the race keeping enough gap to Nilsson who was gaining me bit by bit untill his blackscreen, then just cruised the last laps to secure my maiden win in RD!

R2: Awful start, Was watching Sierras overtaking me left and right. Noticed that my player volume was way too high, couldnt hear my revs and tyres properly during the close fight...So I trashed my tyres after just 3-4 laps and the Beemer became very unstable in corners and braking zones where I was suppose to gain time from Sierra's. Good battles for whole race, superb fun even the result wasn't what I was looking for.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 21 9.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.4%