rF2 Touring Masters @ Rouen-Les-Essarts - Wednesday 12th January 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry guys, just got back from an extended period in the printing studio here on campus, got a bit carried away and forgot about the basic needs in life (food, drink, WTM, etc), so sorry!

Lag city,
started 12th past a few then was 27th?? next minute I,m following a blue sierra driving on top of the armco but somehow managing to match my patch (Impressive). Cars were jumping round all over the place, got blue flaged a couple of times one was Jeff in the sierra? but think we were fighting for position after I let him past, was great fun though as usual, finished 7th,according to the stats?? best finish yet but dont think I,ll count that one.
Well done all.

Never had good races or results at that terrible layout of my lovely Rouen :/,and the trend continued in fine style tonight :D,race one was a constant series of shambles from the lights having to avoid various cars ahead having troubles,some little miracle survival moves to avoid it all until the hairpin exit and suddenly i see a black Merc who must have missed the hairpin and came across the track to have a head on collision with my front right,it ripped the tyre off the rim,now embark on various trips to the pits firstly to change dead tyre then trying to do the legendary rF "S&G" :D,done a drive thru first attempt,then stopped and the crew fuelled and tyres as well,but it counted the S&G too 0.o,race seemed to never end,it really is a very different ball game starting down the back ;).
Got some race fun in race 2,took a nice scrape/bump/shoulder pass done on me at the hairpin which was nice......attempted to pass the culprit a couple of turns later and found them suddenly swerve over to block me well in to the braking zone :/,then more constant slightly erratic blocks,i think he got fed up with me tapping his car and let me go,im happy to take my share of the blame if you are?,good final few laps with Jeff to the finish.

Thank You Adz/Ivo/Ryo & RD

Hi,
a bit of lag in Race1 but as always amusing, in Race2 SORRY:frown: guys lap 1 I totally fault my brake point in hairpin I hit someone, after the only thing I could do was wait 4 or 5 cars overtook me the turn after I saw front me 2 cars slip tried stay at left for avoid but touch grass and cut tarmac maybe touch someone:frown: I hope not to have ruined the race at any.

Congratulation at Winners and All Drivers:)

Thanks Adam and RD for event

Never had good races or results at that terrible layout of my lovely Rouen :/

Personally, I prefer the other layout of the track as well but this one offered up more of a challenge with extra corners and reduced the speeds heading to the hairpin, else that would of been very dodgy. At the end of the day, I think all the cars were rather even in terms of pace on this layout which I don't think I could say on the other one.

Good night of racing, even though the server was having its "time of the month".

Q1: Good lap to take 20th on the grid.

R1: Had a good start and avoided a few spinners. Slowly made my way up the field and had a great view of the battle between Sylvain, Jeff, and Kevin (even though at times they were on top of the grass banks behind the barriers). Finished in 11th just over a seconds behind 8th.

Q2: Smashed my PB by over a second and was 11th.

R2: Made another good start and avoided a few car on the opening lap. Had a great battle with a mass of cars around me (too many people to remember all the names) but 1-by-1 they got past and pulled away. Had a good battle with Justin on the last few laps which was further intensified when I saw Anders spun at one of the corners. The only option I had was to squeeze between the rear of his car and the wall and luckily there was enough of a gap to do that. Going back up the inside wasn't an option as I wouldn't of turned the car back far enough. Justin tried to get past on the outside of the final corner on the penultimate lap but missed his braking point and went off. I took it easy on the last lap to finish 8th. :)

Apologies for the server lag tonight, not much could of been done but at least race 2 was clean. :)

Thanks for racing.

First event sporting the No.5 Brock Sierra:

Had fairly good pace I thought but just couldnt get a decent lap together in Quali1. Ended up 7th.

Got a poor start but even then had to slow for Jacks Sierra, didnt want to risk the grass on the way into T1. Lost a couple of places as a result. Rest of lap 1 went well with me passing Jack on the way out of the hairpin after he had ran wide. The ran wide myself near the end of the lap and was cautious on the rejoin so lost a few places there.
Got too deep into T2 on lap 2 and spun it. took a hit on the barrier and lost the front bumper but no real harm done, re-joined in 17th and started working my way back up. had some major laag during the middle of the race where cars were in and out. Was never really sure where they were so had to use extra caution when passing. It did eventually settle down and managed to roll in 8th..not a bad result given the circumstances.

Q2 went better and ran a PB with 1.58.3
This gave me 4th on the grid.

Got a good start off the line, this however left Anders with his powerhouse and me dragging down to the chicane. Decided to let him go and fall in behind. Passed Chris on the exit of the last corner after running wide and continued to persue Anders in the Holden. Got loose coming off the fast left hand sweeper and lost it. Felt a good old clout from Chris as he passed through desperatley trying to avoid my car. was hoping he didnt take any real damage as a result. Re-joined in 10th Behind Adam and again started chasing.
Got into a bit of a group with Adam, Chris myself and Martin. then Martin just came across onto my line without warning I had to back out of the throttle to avoid an incident which I wasnt too pleased with but perhaps he didnt see me or something, I dont know.
Spent the rest of the race battling Gary which was a lot of fun. Final result was 5th but should have done better, need to work on my consistency

Apologies to Chris Butcher as not only did he take damage from the incident on lap 3 but also, cut him off badly on the hairpin on lap 5. I simply didnt realise you were on the inside of me m8.

Thx Adam for organising and gratz to the winners / podium.

NP Gary i thought it was good fun. As for erratic........really?? argressive yes and I was only driving agressive cause I was coping the hits and I was also trying to overtake the cars infront of me!!! I decided in the end it wasn't worth it so i let you past......In the end not the best move because you stuck it into the armco at turn 2 and i had no where to got and hit you :( of course the little ford came of second best and blew a tyre and front suspension damage. ended up finishing 20th after showing great pace 1:59.2 (default set up) and I was the last finisher.

all in all a good morning racing for me and gets my mind over the flood that has hot my home town in devostating way. Thanks Adam for the much needed distraction.

Matthew Hill

Really enjoy tonights Racing. Didn't have much luck Race 1. Damaged car and had to pit for repairs.

Race 2 was much better. Had alot of fun. Started 11th and managed to finish 7th. Maybe I could have finished better if I hadn't made so many mistakes. :)

I'm uploading video onto youtube of my Race 2. Will post on hear when it finishes uploading. Gonna take a while as it's 1080p!

Thanks Adam for a gr8 club event!

A good valid point with the layout Adz m8,hence me joining in the Holden hoping for the big top speed supremacy run :p.

@ Matt H. Forget about it m8 no worries really,ive seen the Rouen hairpin enough now to know how very "dynamic" things can get there,at worst it was a serious bit of paint gouging for the spray shop guys to fix,the other subject of peoples defence style is vastly different from driver to driver,to each their own really on that subject,with the benefit of hindsight and some ice cold Dr Pepper i conclude using the word erratic is not accurate or fair on you.....and i do have a terrible habit of stepping off the track just after passing someone :(.
My last couple of club events i have been arriving cold with almost no practice,tonight was literally not a single lap turned in anything until i arrived in the server freshly woken up from a very nice snooze,sadly im not good enough to turn up like that and be any good,it takes me lots of practice and effort just to try and keep some kind of sight on the front pack,so i know for sure i must get prepared for league rounds with everything being so closely fought.

Cheers

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 422 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 125 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.6%
Back