Track Designing Competition

Ok cool thanks!. We seem to be on a Formula E kick lately. So how about this.

Take any Formula E track from the 2017-18 season (except for Mexico City) and extend it to Formula One length. Use the same area for the S/F line and Pits, and make sure you're getting in the neighborhood of 5-6km. Straighten out some of the braking points that Formula E needs for battery charging.

I like it. Some real thought has been put into creating overtaking opportunities, including fun corners, while still keeping the street circuit feel of it.
Everyone seems to not like it- I honestly think it looks like one of the best modern tracks created in a while ( F1 tracks wise). I think everyone seems to be missing the point, that the whole 'COTA' concept of taking good corners from other tracks is to me more of a marketing strategy ( comparing 12-15 to Monaco is a bit of a stretch) rather than actually applying to the character of the track. For me it seems thought has been actually put in to setting up overtaking opportunities rather than just having hairpin to hairpin for the most part, allowing different lines which is what creates overtaking with long straights. While the short pitlane that intends to encourage more pit stops seems like a bit of a gimmick to me, it worked for Magny-Cours I guess.

I do like it, except I'm not a big fan of the large circle at the end of the second straight. And I' m not convinced a 1.5km straight is really going to be a good thing. The front straight at Mexico, and the back straight in China...those are pretty long and it didn't do much for me this season. I thought it would be nice to see long straights because some of the mid-field teams actually have a higher top speed that Mercedes or Ferrari, but it didn't pan out that way in 2018.

Also, I am curious if a race is going to be dropped in 2020 and which one. Already the season is 21 races, and that is pretty tight.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Currently Silverstone is having problems in terms of contact negotiations after activating a break clause in the contact but I doubt Liberty would let it go easy. Liberty have also planned to have 25 races on the calendar so they would be willing to put extra races on the calendar but I doubt that will ever happen ( and don't believe it should do) if the teams have anything to say about it.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.1%