Track Map Display (Extended)

Apps Track Map Display (Extended) 4.7.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
AW939 submitted a new resource:

Track Map Display (Extended) - Full map visualization

This app is an extension to https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/track-map-display.3508/ by Neys (who kindly gave me permission to publish my changes).

This app is a replacement for KUNOS map display always showing the whole map of the track with all the cars. You can also record maps for custom tracks.

Every driver is displayed as a colored circle with their corresponding position as a number.

View attachment 576424

To install this app it is recommended to...

Read more about this resource...

This is really nice! I am using the track map from ACSM now as an overlay in OBS, but I think I will go back to using this app instead.

However, can you take a look at this: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/track-map-display.93954/page-5#post-3393999

and then see if you can implement the same functionality so it will not draw cars that are not moving, in the map? That way it would ignore our Spectator cars and not show those.
Nice idea, will see if I can get it in as optional setting!

This is really nice! I am using the track map from ACSM now as an overlay in OBS, but I think I will go back to using this app instead.

However, can you take a look at this: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/track-map-display.93954/page-5#post-3393999

and then see if you can implement the same functionality so it will not draw cars that are not moving, in the map? That way it would ignore our Spectator cars and not show those.
can the current car dot be on top of other dots?
Both is implemented now in V2.1, please check the updated button description :)

Hi there, I am dragging the zip file over to CM but it won't let me install it. So I unzipped the download and tried to look for the "apps" and "content" directories to manually cop those over but there are none. There are other folders and files, like 3 folders called data, icons, map_display_lib...and some other files and executable files.

Hi there, I am dragging the zip file over to CM but it won't let me install it. So I unzipped the download and tried to look for the "apps" and "content" directories to manually cop those over but there are none. There are other folders and files, like 3 folders called data, icons, map_display_lib...and some other files and executable files.
Oh no, I've wrongly packaged it... :( It only included the apps/python/map_display content, but not the correct parent directories or the content dir you mentioned.

Updated it now, please try the download again.

And thanks for letting me know!

Last edited:
Hi

Sorry, but doesn't work for me.

map_display 1.1 works very well, but no 2.2 version. Triple screen.
Reinstall 1.1 version: OK.

Last edited:
Hi

Do you have CSP? It is required since 2.0 so that the circles can be rendered. I'm not completely sure which version though.
Otherwise it would be great if you can install the non working version, start a race or practice (confirm that it does not work), close the game and send me the content of the "C://Users/<your user>/Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs/py_log.txt" file via direct message, then I can check whether I can see any errors.

Last edited:
Hi

Do you have CSP? It is required since 2.0 so that the circles can be rendered. I'm not completely sure which version though.
Otherwise it would be great if you can install the non working version, start a race or practice (confirm that it does not work), close the game and send me the content of the "C://Users/<your user>/Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs/py_log.txt" file via direct message, then I can check whether I can see any errors.

I've checked the version now, I guess you need at least v0.1.73. At least from then it's not a build marked as buggy and the functions I use are documented. Maybe earlier versions work, but I'd suggest going to v0.1.76 or later.

Thanks for your answer

I have CSP, curently active in content manager... but it was disabled!

It's OK now. Thanks for your help.PS: It's OK with 0.178 version

Last edited:
Hello there,

First of all thank you so much for your hard work and generosity in developing this updated version of the Track Map app. Your new additions, especially the interactive resizing, are very helpful and your process for generating the icons from PNGs is interesting and hints at even further potential.

I, and a lot of other users, have relied on the older Track Map app heavily for navigating larger free-roam maps like SRP, Glen Sheil, LA Canyons, Naruto Skyline, etc. etc. These maps are largely, nowadays, played online with the somewhat recent introduction of server-generated AI-flood traffic cars.

I wonder if there is additional potential in your new app for differentiating Traffic from Human Player cars? (Traffic cars are generated with a specific naming convention "TrafficXXXX", etc.; they can be configured to run at many different and variable speeds though) This has always been an issue with the previous version of the app. My first experimenting instinct was that perhaps the game considered Traffic cars as lapping/lapped traffic, and to edit the PNGs directly - but it sadly turns out not to be that simple. Also, the categorization of cars into ahead/behind/lapping/lapped status, in general, does not seem to function correctly in these larger tracks with no distinct directionality.

The image-based icons also bring to mind possible fun features like, what if there was a way to map specific users to custom icons, for regular club-driving usage (say, via a whitelist of names in the ini, which could also as a side effect potentially handle the Traffic car situation)? Enabling/disabling car numbering? Icons of different sizes? Etc.

Apologies for the wish dump, feel free to ignore if not interested, obviously :)

And once again thanks so much for your time and energy and sharing the results of them with the rest of us in the community.

Last edited:
Hello there,

First of all thank you so much for your hard work and generosity in developing this updated version of the Track Map app. Your new additions, especially the interactive resizing, are very helpful and your process for generating the icons from PNGs is interesting and hints at even further potential.

I, and a lot of other users, have relied on the older Track Map app heavily for navigating larger free-roam maps like SRP, Glen Sheil, LA Canyons, Naruto Skyline, etc. etc. These maps are largely, nowadays, played online with the somewhat recent introduction of server-generated AI-flood traffic cars.

I wonder if there is additional potential in your new app for differentiating Traffic from Human Player cars? (Traffic cars are generated with a specific naming convention "TrafficXXXX", etc.; they can be configured to run at many different and variable speeds though) This has always been an issue with the previous version of the app. My first experimenting instinct was that perhaps the game considered Traffic cars as lapping/lapped traffic, and to edit the PNGs directly - but it sadly turns out not to be that simple. Also, the categorization of cars into ahead/behind/lapping/lapped status, in general, does not seem to function correctly in these larger tracks with no distinct directionality.

The image-based icons also bring to mind possible fun features like, what if there was a way to map specific users to custom icons, for regular club-driving usage (say, via a whitelist of names in the ini, which could also as a side effect potentially handle the Traffic car situation)? Enabling/disabling car numbering? Icons of different sizes? Etc.

Apologies for the wish dump, feel free to ignore if not interested, obviously :)

And once again thanks so much for your time and energy and sharing the results of them with the rest of us in the community.
Thanks for your comment and interesting ideas. I was actually thinking about going back to one image which is dynamically colored by the code, to easily allow color schemes. But I have not yet had time to test that approach. But with that e.g. a basic free roam color scheme would be possible which has the same color for everyone. Because the whole in front/behind... is based on the leaderboard positions as far as I remember and a specific distance in lap value is used to identify lapping, so I guess leaderboards are not always correct, or at least the lap count/progress in lap is not consistent in free roam maps.

So i guess a prefix filtering to select a specific color scheme (+maybe custom image reference) would be a possible base for your request. So you could say "all drivers starting with traffic in their name are grey (and use a different image, have no position)"

I will definitely think about it, but I can not guarantee anything. But most likely the next version would go back to one image for all and a color scheme defined in code or maybe the config so changeable via ini/content manager.

Class based coloring (based on vehicle tags) will be coming in the next update (see https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/substanding-extended.51973/updates for comparison)
miBY8Of.png

This is an example, please do not mix LMP1, GT3, GT4, Tatuus FA01, BMW 3 Series, and Abarths in real life on an oval track :roflmao:

The free roam mode is also still on the list and I hope I can integrate it in the next update as well :)

Hello there,

Hi cormerv,

so the free roam mode is not yet included, but maybe the "Class Based" color mode already helps. If you set up a tag (not name) for all "traffic" vehicles (not drivers), you can add that tag to the class tags list in the configuration and give the class a specific color. E.g. it could be transparent (color code 00000000).
You'd still see the numbers for now though.
1657209504584.png

I'm still thinking on how I can create a real free roam "color mode" and make it configurable enough for everyone to work.
Maybe a specific "traffic tag" (so like the class tags but just used to detect traffic cars, maybe an additional switch to detect traffic either by driver name or vehicle tag) + circle scale/hide traffic and disable position options... Would that help texts?

With that mode you could actively switch to whatever mode you like, and can easily switch it in game as well, when you joined a different server e.g. I think automatic detection would be to error prone for a variety of people.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea