Trak Racer TR80 assembly - seat sliders stuck

Hey everyone,
I have a weird issue, which blocks me completing the assembly of my new TR80 cockpit: tbh, the included manual is unclear enough to make the building process challenging anyway, but my biggest issue is that the seat sliders which were included in the package were extremely rough to move, we managed to slide both about 8 cogs forward, but they got completely stuck. The instruction tells me to move them into a fully open position to install the screws under the sliders, but it does not seem possible at all. Any useful tips or suggestions?

A week after, just a few tips if you build your first ever rig like me:
- Don't really take the assembly guide as step-by-step instructions, because it lacks certain details and in some cases, it's just wrong.
- Take your time to examine the received parts and try to plan ahead based on all the remaining steps.
- Watch and read reviews and assembly guides online, because the official sources don't really contain any practical advice.
- If you feel stuck and/or tired, just sleep on it, no rush. :D

Sounds like you got some/all of the issues solved (yay!) - are the sliders now behaving properly?
Yeah, either I got a different seat slider model, or the instructions are misleading/wrong. Because the guide tells you that it should be possible to move them into an end position where all four mounts are accessible at once, but in reality that's not the case, the sliders can be moved in both directions, but to a much lesser extent, and the mounts are accessible on the opposite side in the end positions.

The other thing is, without the additional weight of the seat (and the driver), the sliders are really tough to adjust manually, I needed some assistance and additional manpower in the end to do it properly.

Yeah, either I got a different seat slider model, or the instructions are misleading/wrong. Because the guide tells you that it should be possible to move them into an end position where all four mounts are accessible at once, but in reality that's not the case, the sliders can be moved in both directions, but to a much lesser extent, and the mounts are accessible on the opposite side in the end positions.

The other thing is, without the additional weight of the seat (and the driver), the sliders are really tough to adjust manually, I needed some assistance and additional manpower in the end to do it properly.
Made an account here just to say thank you. I was stuck at the same step and your post helped me realise that they could slide in both directions.

Also, thanks for updating your own thread with your solution, avoiding the https://xkcd.com/979/ trap.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 269 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 214 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 145 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 64 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.3%