AC TransAm (TA2) at Sebring - Monday Oct 09

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

dbx71

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the Monday Night US RD Race Club!
Clark TA COTA20-247.jpg

Get ready for some wild action as we take to the pavement at the famously fast and bumpy track at Sebring, Florida with the fantastic TA2 cars from VRC!

The TA2 series is one of America's hottest race events featuring the classic, Big 3 Pony Cars: Camaro, Mustang and Challenger. These cars will seriously challenge your driving skills. However, they are also incredibly satisfying to drive once you get them under control.

We invite you to join us as we continue the age-old battle between these legends of American Motorsports history.

This event will be hosted by @dbx71

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/028087f0-1903-429b-b3fe-afb399fb89f4?server=5

using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

Server: Racedepartment Server 6 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.

• 18:00 PDT | 20:00 CDT | 45 minutes - Official Practice
  • 18:45 PDT | 20:45 CDT | 30 minutes - Qualification
  • 19:15 PDT | 21:15 CDT | 2x 20 min Race 1 and 2
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Cars
    • AC | ARC TA2 Rage Pack from VRC available here:
    • Minimum of 3 races guaranteed with these cars
  • Track: Sebring
  • Pit stop: Not mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
Useful Links:
Entry list:

Trans-Am-TA2-Muscle-Car-Series-extend-partnership-AGR-PBR-Distributions.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be there. Hopefully on track and not in the grass :laugh:

I read the included documents, but I can't tell if the csp and non csp versions produce a different drive or if thats in my head and it's just sounds and visuals. I'm finding the CSP even more tail happy on throttle than the non. Maybe just me?

Great car and track choice :thumbsup:

I'll be there. Hopefully on track and not in the grass :laugh:

I read the included documents, but I can't tell if the csp and non csp versions produce a different drive or if thats in my head and it's just sounds and visuals. I'm finding the CSP even more tail happy on throttle than the non. Maybe just me?

Great car and track choice :thumbsup:
Excellent! Yes, to me there was a big difference between the CSP and non-CSP versions, at least in the Chevrette. I actually found the CSP version to be MORE stable. I was using the default set-up in both, but the non-CSP version was prone to erratic, unexpected moves under heavy braking. Maybe I just need to play around with set-up though... Probably the brake bias. Not sure if it's different with the other cars, as I haven't spent much time with them. Itching to try the Dagger next though...

The only thing I'm not crazy about with the CSP version is that you need to use manual ignition and engine start functions. And if you go off, the engine stalls almost every time, requiring a re-start. Oh, and you need to use manual clutch to get the car rolling again, or else it will stall again! other than that, these cars are a breeze :roflmao:

What a brutal drive :thumbsup: Sliding into T1 is quickly becoming my favorite turn in these cars

That is when you stay on the track :laugh:
yeah, they are a ton of fun. still preferring the CSP version but that engine stall thing is kind of bugging me. pretty much every time i go off track the engine stalls, and it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to restart it. i know it's realistic and all but i wish there was a way to disable that feature...

Oooh! I’ll come out for this
Hi Nic;
Hopefully, you will still join us... In any event, funny thing happened. I was doing a practice race offline with the AI, and your name came up as one of the drivers... Spelled exactly the same way. If we're going up against a pro, I might need to practice up! :D

Been a long time since ive done a race with RD. But this is one I am REALLY down for. Can you PM the info i need so i can practice/join.
Hi Jason. I understand you need to get set up with an emperor account. @HF2000 can help you with that.

You can access the practice server in the meantime if you wish.

Excellent! Yes, to me there was a big difference between the CSP and non-CSP versions, at least in the Chevrette. I actually found the CSP version to be MORE stable. I was using the default set-up in both, but the non-CSP version was prone to erratic, unexpected moves under heavy braking. Maybe I just need to play around with set-up though... Probably the brake bias. Not sure if it's different with the other cars, as I haven't spent much time with them. Itching to try the Dagger next though...

The only thing I'm not crazy about with the CSP version is that you need to use manual ignition and engine start functions. And if you go off, the engine stalls almost every time, requiring a re-start. Oh, and you need to use manual clutch to get the car rolling again, or else it will stall again! other than that, these cars are a breeze :roflmao:
I think the main difference with the cps version is the force feedback feels much stronger. Too strong in fact, oh and yes it is a bummer when it stalls. Would love to do this race guys but for me its 3.00AM start unfortunately.

I think the main difference with the cps version is the force feedback feels much stronger. Too strong in fact, oh and yes it is a bummer when it stalls. Would love to do this race guys but for me its 3.00AM start unfortunately.
Yes I wish you all could join us as well to experience the thrill (and frustration) of racing with these cars. Maybe I’ll schedule the same event for those in European time zones like I did with the bridgehampton event. ..

BTW thanks for the tip on the Oculus Rift S VR. I got myself one and can’t believe what an incredible experience it is to race in VR!

I think I spent the first 20 minutes after I put on headset for the first time just looking at all the details of the cockpit interior. Incredible!

Really amazing to get out of the car and walk around it or up and down the pit lane. And of course the driving experience! Out of this world. Thanks again!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events