Transducers / Bass Shakers: No Slow, Long Term Damage To Other Sim Rig Components?

I see there's a lot of people that put transducers on their pedal assemblies, shifters, etc. Those components have circuit boards, however complex or simple.

Over time, no one has had issues with the bass vibrations causing problems over time? I only have 1 buttkicker gamer 2 installed under my seat via MDF board (which is insulated from the rest of the rig via sound deadening) just to be extra cautious, since higher end sim hardware is expensive. I want my hardware to run properly for as many years as possible before failing.

I'm thinking of adding another up front but want feedback on this topic first.

Hi,
I never heard of anyone receiving damage from using tactile devices in all my time simracing, if it was to happen maybe the hardware was on its last legs anyways,
I have 3x amps and 6x buttkicker LFE mini and these shake everything + the kitchen sink and still no issues as of yet.

Upvote 0
Very interesting question. I have to admit, I never thought about it. My transducers are running in this setup since not a lot more than half a year, so this is way too short to conclude anything (except that things still work after 6 months:))

My take on this is that I'm using pedals that the manufacturer says I can kick with 65kg. The wheelbase is made for 17NM which is enough to break my fingers (and in my latest wreckfest it almost did exactly that). My 8020 rig (mostly 80x40mm) is shaking from these forces. Taking this all into account I highly expect all this equipment to also take the shaking of the transducers (although this is a different frequency). I would always have expected the bass shakers to fail from too much power input before the driving equipment fails from transducer shaking but as I said: Very interesting question!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 285 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 229 27.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 151 18.4%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.0%