Triple screen question

Oops01

Premium
Although I love my rift s, I'm thinking of setting up a triple screen setup for some of the games that don't support vr . I.e. F1 2019, grid etc, but I'm wondering what distance from your eyes/head should the middle monitor be, and what angle would be best for the side monitors?

Last edited:
I have 31.5 inch monitors with the center one 24 inches away and side monitors at 60 degrees.
20191124_203218.jpg

KO

Upvote 0
Triple 24" will need to be as close as you can possibly put them. Unfortunately, with 24" monitors, it's tough to have the angle as tight as you'd like because you won't be able to get in/out of the seat, so plan on relaxing the angle to as little as 45 degrees.

Upvote 0
To be noted is that F1 series (guess Grid also) don't have proper triple support, they just stretch the view, IMO it's better played single screen.

I have my 27" something like 580mm and 50 degrees. If possible try to line the center of your eyes at center of screen, it's a good starting point.

Upvote 0
@Jens Roos Yeah I know that these games games i.e. F1 & grid are not supported but having the side screens makes them a lot easier to drive and until they have native support this is for me the easiest way to enjoy them :)
@Emery I'm only now realizing that 24" weren't the best choice because of the ease of getting in and out of the cockpit, stupidly I thought that the smaller the screen the less space they would take up in my computer room as I use my Oculus rift s for some standing games as well as racing games eg. Stormland, budget cuts etc. Atm I have the monitors set at around 30 degrees as can be seen in the photos but its very much a work in progress :)
One thing though I wish I had paid more attention to to when buying these particular monitors is the height adjustment, there is none and even though they are the same monitors there is a slight difference in the height of them all :(

Attachments

• cockpit work in progress (2).jpg
    cockpit work in progress (2).jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 271
  • cockpit work in progress.jpg
    cockpit work in progress.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events