Update existing rfcmp?

Is it possible to update an existing rfcmp? I've done some searching, but all I've been able to find is how to create a new rfcmp, so I'm guessing only the original author can "upgate" the file?

Is there a guide showing how-to? I can get the rfcmp file into the tool and get a new mas file, but after I drop it into the Oreca 3.01 file the cars never show up.
I've never paid that close attention to the topic, but there have been many users asking the same thing. I believe it was recommended to create a fresh rfcmp each time rather than trying to update it. (either because it was very picky or impossible, can't remember which)

I've never paid that close attention to the topic, but there have been many users asking the same thing. I believe it was recommended to create a fresh rfcmp each time rather than trying to update it. (either because it was very picky or impossible, can't remember which)
But wouldn't that require having the original files?

Is there a guide showing how-to? I can get the rfcmp file into the tool and get a new mas file, but after I drop it into the Oreca 3.01 file the cars never show up.
I did hundreds of these rfcmp updates for various things as AIW, Teams, Talent, etc. but the update to the car or track needs to include it's Main directory in the rfcmp build for an update to work.

Ex. The Oreca's Main directory is 3.00 but the reason the cars are not showing up is because it's Main directory 3.00 is "encrypted", otherwise it would have worked as intended.

Last edited:
Is it possible to update an existing rfcmp? I've done some searching, but all I've been able to find is how to create a new rfcmp, so I'm guessing only the original author can "upgate" the file?

There is 2 problems

1. There is content that refuses to be updated in MAS2 mainly most of the S397 DLC and Reiza DLC but problem goes as far back as woochoo's Endurance mods, when you try to package certain updates they will error.
I have not found anyway around this.
You can see problem when you are in Mas 2 and content you added is all unticked in the right hand column ( when it should be all ticked ) you know it won't package, only thing you can do is cancel before package

2. If you make room mods they use the same pkginfo.dat and pkginfo_bak.dat files which keep getting bigger and after say 3 to 5 mods Mas2 will crash and nothing you do will get the mods loaded again.

There is a way around this using OVGME ( is there nothing it can't do lol )
rfcmp's ( room mods ) are made up of 3 files, example:

C:\Users\Users name\AppData\Roaming\~MASTEMP\My New Mod.mas
C:\Users\Users name\AppData\Roaming\pkginfo.dat
C:\Users\Users name\AppData\Roaming\pkginfo_bak.dat

So basically make sure there is no ~MASTEMP or pkginfo's
Run Mas2 make your mod package install shut Mas2
You will now have the 3 files above
You take those and make a OVGME package
When you want to updated the room mod you activate in OVGME
When you open Mas2 and click Edit Existing Mod Package wait a while
and your mod will open do your edits package again shut Mas2
NOW you must replace the 3 files in the OVGME mod as they have been updated and so on and so on

But like I said doing this way you still can't update some content the mod will crash as before. but you now have a OVGME mod which does not get corrupted.

So basically room mods with old content and all 3Party you will be able to update this way no problem but some DLC you can't.

I also put a text with the room name as you see just as a reminder

You then also make OVGME mods of all rfm's you make so they correspond
with the Mas Temp mods.

ovgme 1.jpg

ovgme 2.jpg

So here I activate my "Aussie Legends" mod
When I start Mas2 ( edit mod) up pops the mod
uninstall edit package install copy over new 3 files
de activate mod , sounds alot but it's pretty easy once you get hang of it

ovgme 3.jpg

Here is problem with DLC

Tonight Formula Pro and BTCC cars got a update
You can see I have 2 versions of car still installed
If you don't use room mods the lower number version would be gone
So i activate BTCC mod go into MAS2 select updated car go to package
and you get error below
Lucky I have mas temp mods to go back to old one for the time being
Or make a fresh mod
This is the way you can easy run 2 versions of 1 car
iRacing RaceRoom none of them you can do this only rF2 ;)

OVGME 4.jpg

Ok ... I got it working, thank you so very much!

Just one last question, now that I have a working mas file, all I have to do is copy the mas file to the new version folder?
Yes to the latest version.
DLC have 2 versions so yes drop in latest version
Most all 3rd party and ISI cars have one version

There is something to say for making OVGME mods for all custom *.mas

If you add all to rF2 every time a car is updated the old version folder along with your mas are deleted.

If you keep them in OVGME mods they can't be.
So you disable the mod explore it and change the number to new one then activate mod again

P.S. You will find certain instances were mas files can interfere with other content and/or corrupt a existing room mod

Some even take over the version numbers of DLC content

So just watch for odd things happening

Last edited:
Bet there is a few saying poor deluded DD no 3rdparty has 2 version folders

Off the top of my head :p VintageVee2 has v2.0 + v2.01 folders, RSS IMSA Mazda RT24-P has update folder then some have second folder for custom mas like F1_70's_Style does for 1972 season

Largely though new DLC 2 folders , most everything else one ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 41 8.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.1%