VR Helmet Visor with better visibility?

Does anyone know of a mod that changes the helmet overlay to a version that gives you a bit more visibility when playing in VR?

I love the idea of actually seeing your helmet in-game, especially because it actually moves around and you are able to see the sun shining into it - but the one we have in the game currently feels like you are wearing a mediaeval knights helmet because of how incredibly narrow the opening in the helmet is.

So basically I'm wondering if anyone has tried to edit the existing helmet overlay to simply make the opening larger?
Helmet2.png

Does anyone know of a mod that changes the helmet overlay to a version that gives you a bit more visibility when playing in VR?

I love the idea of actually seeing your helmet in-game, especially because it actually moves around and you are able to see the sun shining into it - but the one we have in the game currently feels like you are wearing a mediaeval knights helmet because of how incredibly narrow the opening in the helmet is.

So basically I'm wondering if anyone has tried to edit the existing helmet overlay to simply make the opening larger?View attachment 710300
Is there not 2 cockpit views, one with and one without helmet?

You can change the FOV in the helmet camera the same as you do in the regular cockpit.

Just bind a couple of keys to FOV adjustments for in-car changes or use the camera menu.
It's not quite what you are after but it does make the helmet opening larger by moving your view forward.
20231128111408_1.jpg

You can change the FOV in the helmet camera the same as you do in the regular cockpit.

Just bind a couple of keys to FOV adjustments for in-car changes or use the camera menu.
It's not quite what you are after but it does make the helmet opening larger by moving your view forward.
View attachment 710448
Thanks for the suggestion, but you aren't able to change the FOV in VR. Upping or lowering the value has no effect.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 413 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 260 43.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 281 47.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 164 27.5%
Back