Cars VRC Formula NA 2012 and 2018

The 1999 car is so much fun. Can't wait for the 2018 car tomorrow. The 2018 Indycar chassis is a gorgeous car, and ASC's team has done a brilliant job with the existing NA cars. Thank you, thank you for developing these cars.

Formula NA 2018 released!!!

Alongside the release of the Formula NA 2018, we have also adressed an update for the Formula NA 2012 and 1999 cars, so be sure to update the whole package!

It's 1.40am and I was just about to sleep - but now I can't be bothered with sleep anymore, I need to drive that car! :D

Thanks a lot guys!

Great stuff! As expected I'm slow as sin in these things, but they sure do look pretty! :D

On the 2018 road course car, only crit I have at this point is the transition from idle sound to on-throttle is a bit abrupt, and the mirrors seem to be angled a bit too much towards the center of the car (using the real mirrors mod; no idea if that's on your end or the mod's end?). Stunning work!

I don't know how i'm going to drive when all the blood that is supposed to be swirling around my head is located in another region....

Thanks for all the hard work VRC. What a pack this is!

I don't know how i'm going to drive when all the blood that is supposed to be swirling around my head is located in another region....

Thanks for all the hard work VRC. What a pack this is!

You'll just have to settle for being slow :p With the AI at 89% +/- 2%, I was over 3 seconds off the pace at Watkins Glen. I'm sure you can beat that!

Holy hell, this thing feels "right". Did a short race at Texas moto... Err southern star motor Speedway and the tire fall off was perfect, the aero push was perfect, it just all felt right. My only complaint was the AI is too slow which is a Kunos issue, not VRC.

I was expecting the car to be a clone of the DW-12 but the car is its own beast. I love it! Great job, guys!

The 2018 car is amazing. Just spent some time on Mid Ohio and Road America. On the former---hang on for your dear life---on the latter . . . smooth and precise. Model is gorgeous, driving model is a blast, intoxicating sound, and excellent FFB on the DD wheel. Great work, VRC. These three cars make this a true bargain.

This is going to be an embarrassing number of hours of my life for a while. THANK YOU.

I am in love with this mod, it is fantastic,

a little Scott Dixon 2018 Indycar WIP

jmo8sg2.png

One question about the 1999 oval. This is what the front wing animation looks like in Content Manager showroom:
lfVzB0h.jpg

While the real car looked like this from what I found on Google:
jmykDSe.jpg

it's not twisted, but just a bit angled downwards. Is this a bug or intended?

One question about the 1999 oval. This is what the front wing animation looks like in Content Manager showroom:
lfVzB0h.jpg

jmykDSe.jpg

Maybe they have less front wing in the car?

lfVzB0h.jpg

jmykDSe.jpg

I would say intended, considering the car model is attempting to be at least 3 different chassis in one.

I find the 2018 car to be really hard to control. Lots of low speed snap oversteer from that car with little warning. Anyone else?

I've only driven it at Watkins so far, so there's not much in the way of low speed corners, but the only time the car ever came around on me was when I was a little too aggressive on the throttle - which is just as it should be from everything I've read on the new car.

I find the 2018 car to be really hard to control. Lots of low speed snap oversteer from that car with little warning. Anyone else?
It has the same "problem" as the NA 2012. One of the Modders answered me a few months ago, that you have to turn down the anti roll bar, and soften the rear suspension. That made the NA 2012 and 2018 a lot mor controllable for me. But im with you, the NA Mods do feel oversteery, and sometimes you can't feel the rear come around on you.

It could be a bit more stable on the rear in general, but i like it how it is and it's challenging to do consistent fast laps. My fastest Lap on Watkins Glen is a 1.24,5 with the Soft compound.

I drove the 2018 car for 20 + laps at Adelaide '88, and it was very solid in low speed corners, a bit twitchy in the fast corner leading onto Brabham Straight (back stretch). I also did a few Installation laps at Road Atlanta, and the transition from fast to slow corners the car was a bit loose, but that was probably my line into the corner.

Overall I think it is quite stable, I was also very cautious with the steering input :)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 1.1%