Well Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am saying fairwell to everyone because I am apperntly not welcome here at the racedepartment.com forums. I have had my license taken away and I am going to finish my F1 2012 racing league season. I am sorry that I am not welcome by some because of a certain comment I left so I am just going to finish my season and then I am going to be racing for a differant league called Apex Racing League. I don't know why Tom Endres want to be so hateful, oh wait its because of what I commented on euro truck simulator 2. If you want the whole story then go search that forum post and read it. I have had fun here and most of you like Luke Williams and even Scott Webber helped me. But I guess its time for me to leave this forums since I don't have my license anymore. So here is my last words of this post. :sneaky: Go Caterham, Good bye RaceDepartment

Signed,
Josh Kohler

Bye, hope you find a place where they support piracy, there are plently, but RD is not one.

Don't think it's because staff here is evil capitalists with obsesion for copyrights, in fact many times was defended on forum that copyright should be time-limited, regulated, that acess to culture has to be granted for everyone after a short "commercial period", but developers have families you know, if we want to have new titles they need to make some money with their work to go ahead, just like every other worker.

I'm not hateful, we are just not supporting piracy. If you still think we're just hating at you for no reason: please leave and don't even think about coming back, thanks. I'm sure your friends on whatever warez board you are on are happy to play games with you. :)

Tom

I know at least everyone has done the same thing that I have done and if you say you guys haven't then that bullshit. Everyone has done it in there life. Honestly if you say you haven't pirated at least one game then your a lier.

14288.jpg

I know at least everyone has done the same thing that I have done and if you say you guys haven't then that bullshit. Everyone has done it in there life. Honestly if you say you haven't pirated at least one game then your a lier.

The difference then, is about telling it. Everyone have secrets. Doesn't mean you have to tell the world.
When a site doesn't support piracy, it's wise not to talk about it. It's really that simple.

There's a difference between pirating, and distributing piracy... Although I've no clue why you got sacked so I might be completely off the track :p
He said he's using a pirated game because paying for something on the internet is unsafe and even Steam is etc. blabla and that developers will get paid nonetheless, no matter if he's stealing their work - oh and he also posted a link to a page explaining how to crack Euro Truck Simulator 2. So I suspended him, as usual.

Then the suspension had expired and he came back, defending his stance and saying that piracy is fine and he won't discuss this with people from outside his country. Josh blamed me, both in public and through private conversations, for the issues he has caused himself. That has clearly shown that he's unable to understand that piracy is a bad thing. He practically not only appealed my decisions but also filed complaints against me ( :roflmao: ) after I took his license away forever due to the aforementioned incidents.

A few of his quotes can be found here & here.
Just because you don't care about the law it doesn't necessarily mean everybody else has ignored it at one point as well. On a side-note: instead of playing pirated games you should try and seek help regarding your stance about legal issues. If you continue to act like that you might get into serious trouble sooner or later.

Thats just as bad, sorry:(..
Well, when Microsoft does everything possible to force you to spend 200$ for what is the basic Win 7 version, including no being able to transfer it from your older PC to your new, well, their problem.

When they'll have reasonable prices, then I think people who do crack those will re-consider.

I did find alternatives which require ordering online which are priced properly, but as for retails, it's ridiculous.

Well, when Microsoft does everything possible to force you to spend 200$ for what is the basic Win 7 version, including no being able to transfer it from your older PC to your new, well, their problem.

When they'll have reasonable prices, then I think people who do crack those will re-consider.

I did find alternatives which require ordering online which are priced properly, but as for retails, it's ridiculous.

Well, did you buy Windows 8? It was available for less than 30$ on microsoft.com. :)

Linux-Ubuntu is always free....:)
Runs better too!

True, it's not bad for media servers etc. - however, running Wine or Cedega might cause performance issues depending on your hardware.

I, for one, can safely say that I have purchased Windows licenses for all my machines. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 458 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 281 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 302 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 177 27.0%
Back