What do I need to run triple monitors.

Hi all, I'm a long time console racer who's looking to transition into PC racing.
I've already built a basic rig out of aluminium profile to support my seat and Logitech G29 wheel and pedals and looking add to it with triple monitors. I have not purchased these yet but would be looking at 3x 27" running each at 1080p.

My question is what spec of PC do I need to run sim racing games. My budget will stretch to whatever is required to have a smooth and well functioning setup. Even if that means waiting a little longer to finish it! My main area of confusion is what graphics card to use. I've seen various options suggested but not sure exactly what the requirements are.

As I'm starting from scratch it only seems sensible to get it right from the start!

Thanks in advance!

I just did the same albeit for older 60hz 1080p 24" monitors with a Ryxen 3700X / GTX 1080 ti combo. There's a good discussion going on here:

Good luck & Godspeed!

Depends on budget, ran triples 27" x 144HZ on 980ti, 1080, Rtx2080 they all worked perfectly well, each generation improved average frame rate. I would not be too concerned if I had to return to any of them WRT just driving on my sim.
If you run ACC they will all struggle.
But as you said your budget is variable, the wise choice will be to wait for the next generation cards.
Be prepared to be disappointed though.

I have not purchased these yet but would be looking at 3x 27" running each at 1080p.
1080ti or better for GPU. So that includes 2070 Super, 2080, 2080 Super, & 2080ti.

Yes, you can go lower, but there's no headroom for new games or new game features if you do so.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • Porsche

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • BMW

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • McLaren

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Toyota

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 13 15.1%