what quick release should I get

Guys I have a Simucube 1 DD wheel and want tp add a quick change set up to it..
what would be a good one??? on a budget for this as the has seen my latest spending LOL

Agree with the above. I use Xero Play and they're excellent, but Q1r have also been the go-to QRs in sim racing for a long time. Can't go wrong with either.

Another one would be the simucube 2 QR, which is also a solid option.

Avoid ebay ones. You might get lucky and get a good one, but most of them are just junk.

The tolerances for a good quick release need to be really tight so that it is strong enough to hold the wheel in place without any movement but also easy enough to remove by hand. All the ebay ones I tried fail on one (or sometimes both!) of these points. Or they seem good at first then loosen over time.

Upvote 0
most of them are just junk
A clone base clamp and 3 wheel side parts were recently received from AliExpress.
Having read elsewhere that Q1r clones may not be interchangeable with originals,
getting enough parts for the foreseeable wheel inventory from one vendor in one order seemed prudent.
Parts were delivered to U.S. east coast 20 days after order.
This vender seemingly bulk-shipped to a New York location from which my order was mailed.
Parts fit steering wheels, hub and each other. Net spacing for 2 parts is 54.3mm.
Q1rfront.jpg
Qirside.jpg

One minor complaint is that this design does not allow clearance for center horn buttons;
solved by approx 4mm thick spacers between wheels and Q1r parts.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 269 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 214 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 145 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 64 8.2%
  • At a friends house