What SIM allows 5.1?

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I usually drive with headphones but recently I set a 5.1 system around my rig.
What SIM allows 5.1? If a car is behind your car can you hear it behind you? If you drive a rear engine car is the sound of the engine comes from behind you?
So far my testing is not conclusive and I find that the sound is more informative with stereo earphones.

Some games have setting that you need to set for 5.1, 7.1, headphone, etc. Other than that though there should not be anything else you need to do. Oh aside from sometimes if your amplifier might need to be put into the right mode to decode and output the surround sound audio(there are mode they can force stereo to use all the speakers, in which case it is not really surround sound as it just blending all the channels to lefts and rights, and some of them have like preset sound environment emulation), if you are using an amp. I run HDMI out from my GPU to my Yamaha amp and in PC and games its setup to run 5.1 and it seems to work just fine without too much issue. Though I can't say if I am doing as much research on the subject as some have here to figureout if all the sounds are coming from the right spots. I noticed recently(since I just got rF2 recently) that it does not do surround sound(even if its in the in game setting), and jumping between that and Raceroom it was pretty obvious(driving the 991 GT3R). I think the tire locking, vehicle contact, wheel damage(DR2.0) you can clearly tell from the audio which part of the car was producing the sound.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events