What to buy? Fanatec CSW or T500RS

I'm thinking to buy CSW base with the gt2 rim and the v2 pedals, I'm actualy between this and the T500 RS, but I have found reports for bad reliability on fanatec products but there are all 1 year ago. Is there any new feedback on this? Have they fixed the problems or they are still there?

Andrew Scott said: and if the product WAS assembled PRECISELY "as you put it", then there would be no faults, would there.

There are no known defects with any CSR-E or CSW based on poor assembly. Motors are 3rd party parts that are being used unchanged.

Just had to add that.

Upvote 0
Nope, I don't work for Fanatec (I wished I was though! LOL fun fun), yes some Fanatec gear I had DID break so stop assuming things and ask if you need to know.

Secondly Fanatec direct means buying off the local webstore not Germany. Tells me a lot tbh. You didn't know that? I have to agree with luisax86 in that regard. Also I would imagine, that if your attitude towards them follows the same tune when DEMANDING help that you would end up on the bottom of the importance list. I would treat you just the same. Honey catches more flies than vinegar as the figure of speech goes.

Your obvious hostility and borderline insults achieve nothing nor do they make your point anymore credible. I stand corrected about the 3 parts of plastic though. That is about it. You DID say in your previous post and I recite: 'Just because Fanatec's slogan is about quality German engineering doesn't mean it's a quality made.'
If you deny, that you meant the manufacturing/assembly then I have to say your validity just reached rockbottom my friend. As for the QC statement about motors I have to say, that this is also something that is quite outrageous actually. As Mr.T has pointed out: Many such issues can only be found once multiple thousand units are in circulation with clients and then get corrected during the manufacturing and reactively as the problem arises with live units. Not even Mercedes-Benz can guarantee a 100% fault-free rate.
Talking facts: Current CSWs are using Mabuchi 550 motors rev.2. Revision 1 CAN (emphasize CAN)fail under certain circumstances, thus the relatively easy going process of obtaining spares from Fanatec. In most cases they don't even require the usual video of the fault. The offer to send out the parts for self-repair instead of time consuming RTB repairs is quite convenient and goes to show how amicable Fanatec is. I hope this is clear enough for you to understand and please refrain yourself from telling me, that I cannot read correctly-I do not appreciate that mate.
Dear Mark, You have come into this a little bit late. I made a point of mentioning how impressed i was at the Fanatec performance in gameplay in almost every comment I made. At least until the 90 day mark in my ordeal. You should just return to spending all your time reading fine print and playing video games since trolling internet comments proves a waist of time for all of us. Wtf do you know about my attitude or how the conversations went between myself/distributor/ fanatec? You sir are the one who is offensive. We are talking here about 6 months of being processed between the CSW and the V2 pedal issues. I have every right to be unhappy about this and the details and laws don't make any difference now. The fact is that when I placed the order initially, I sure wish I had people like you around to warn me to do my homework and study my consumer laws. You know, as we should with everything we purchase. Everything? ...Really? This is the first time in my life that I've felt this way as a consumer. That should say it all.

Upvote 0
Okay so i bought the csr in august 2013 sadly it broke in october and was like "okay well it happens to some people" so they gave me a brand new wheel free of charge and to my dissapointment about a month ago it broke again

Upvote 0
Your obvious hostility and borderline insults achieve nothing nor do they make your point anymore credible. I stand corrected about the 3 parts of plastic though. That is about it. You DID say in your previous post and I recite: 'Just because Fanatec's slogan is about quality German engineering doesn't mean it's a quality made.'
If you deny, that you meant the manufacturing/assembly then I have to say your validity just reached rockbottom my friend. As for the QC statement about motors I have to say, that this is also something that is quite outrageous actually. As Mr.T has pointed out: Many such issues can only be found once multiple thousand units are in circulation with clients and then get corrected during the manufacturing and reactively as the problem arises with live units. Not even Mercedes-Benz can guarantee a 100% fault-free rate.

Talking facts: Current CSWs are using Mabuchi 550 motors rev.2. Revision 1 CAN (emphasize CAN)fail under certain circumstances, thus the relatively easy going process of obtaining spares from Fanatec. In most cases they don't even require the usual video of the fault. The offer to send out the parts for self-repair instead of time consuming RTB repairs is quite convenient and goes to show how amicable Fanatec is. I hope this is clear enough for you to understand and please refrain yourself from telling me, that I cannot read correctly-I do not appreciate that mate.

My retort was in direct response to you coming "half cocked" into this conversation, where the first thing you do is claim my post was "Complete Rubbish", with no reflection or comment in regards the OP , which, to remind you, was whether to buy a Fanatec CSW or T500RS wheel,

It's obvious you have nothing better to do but criticise other peoples posts, your no doubt a Fanatec fan boy, which explains much about your single minded attitude, and inability to see and understand other peoples opinions, so I'm not going to explain every detail of my posts just so you can comprehend the level of conversation. It wont help!!!

Oh and one more thing "I'm not your friend", my friends are far less opinionated and much more mature.

Cheers!!!

Upvote 0
:O_o: whatever Andrew.
I love remarks about maturity just because you cannot uphold a exchange of words.
I am not here to criticise people's posts, but I am surely interested in upholding truth and there was too much in your posts simply untrue and this required addressing. Plus having opinions is nothing bad. It's a bit like speaking non mainstream and being called a 'troll'. Internet communities are so incredibly fascist it's outrageous.

This show ends right here. Not responding any further to this as it has nothing to do with the topic.
As you rightly pointed out. Just don't challenge me please. I asked nicely.

OP I apologize profoundly for this and hope at least you take into consideration what I had to say and that it helped somewhat in making a well educated decision.

P.S.: Appreciation of quality makes me a fanboy! I like that! :x3:

Upvote 0
Dear Mark, You have come into this a little bit late. I made a point of mentioning how impressed i was at the Fanatec performance in gameplay in almost every comment I made. At least until the 90 day mark in my ordeal. You should just return to spending all your time reading fine print and playing video games since trolling internet comments proves a waist of time for all of us. Wtf do you know about my attitude or how the conversations went between myself/distributor/ fanatec? You sir are the one who is offensive. We are talking here about 6 months of being processed between the CSW and the V2 pedal issues. I have every right to be unhappy about this and the details and laws don't make any difference now. The fact is that when I placed the order initially, I sure wish I had people like you around to warn me to do my homework and study my consumer laws. You know, as we should with everything we purchase. Everything? ...Really? This is the first time in my life that I've felt this way as a consumer. That should say it all.

No comment. Or I will be called a troll! :cautious:

Upvote 0
Mark...cool down man....pffff...:cautious:. You are right....with everything, is that okay? Fanatec rules above everything. Everybody needs to buy Fanatec period. No Thrustmaster, only Fanatec. Case closed. Its that the deal?
Was not really a serious question now was it? By the way I do not need YOU to tell what I am right about. I KNOW what I am right about. I am just making sure folks that care to listen and are unsure get an inch of truth.

Tim knows precisely what I am talking about by the way. We had a private convo as I saw this forum unfit for further discussion. After reading your post again I felt the need to cut you down a few pegs though and....

.....to present an answer nonetheless: No. People do not need to buy Fanatec. Fanatec does not rule the market. Fanatec is an aweful lot better with it's CSW than anything else right now and if people spread BS rumors of BS service by Fanatec I have to set the record straight as I am a warrior of truth. So far from all my investigations I have heard only of massive issues with service when one or more of the following apply: 1. Client does not abide by Fanatec service requirements iE video of fault etc. 2.The kit was purchased from an importer rather than Fanatec webstore 3.THe kit was not registered on Fanatecs client database 4.Kit was purchased in NorthAmerica(seems there is a massive issue with claims over there).

P.S.: DoA can happen with any kit.

Upvote 0
Was not really a serious question now was it? By the way I do not need YOU to tell what I am right about. I KNOW what I am right about. I am just making sure folks that care to listen and are unsure get an inch of truth.

Tim knows precisely what I am talking about by the way. We had a private convo as I saw this forum unfit for further discussion. After reading your post again I felt the need to cut you down a few pegs though and....

.....to present an answer nonetheless: No. People do not need to buy Fanatec. Fanatec does not rule the market. Fanatec is an aweful lot better with it's CSW than anything else right now and if people spread BS rumors of BS service by Fanatec I have to set the record straight as I am a warrior of truth. So far from all my investigations I have heard only of massive issues with service when one or more of the following apply: 1. Client does not abide by Fanatec service requirements iE video of fault etc. 2.The kit was purchased from an importer rather than Fanatec webstore 3.THe kit was not registered on Fanatecs client database 4.Kit was purchased in NorthAmerica(seems there is a massive issue with claims over there).

P.S.: DoA can happen with any kit.

Chill relax Mark. Tim is going to buy Fanatec and that is absolute fine by me. Great that he is going to buy good hardware.

Upvote 0
I'm the happy owner of Fanatec CSW+F1 rim+V2 pedals and recently bought the SQ shifter. Besides the shifter the rest have been working for + 1 year with no problems what so ever so yes it can work - and very well to. The shifter also works perfectly.
Still I can understand bad equipment can ruin the experience for you.

Upvote 0
So what is your result of this versus battle? Which one we should buy? I have clear opinion and it is T500RS because I do not trust Fanatecs products. They are what they are. Some people like them but I see their products too sensitive to break. I have seen lots of reviews of T500rs and users who have long-lasting product. Custom service at Fanatec is good and bad, if you have fortune it is great like lottery winning. When someone has problem to get new product at Thrustmaster, you get it though it is not even in shops. My local manufactor called to Thrustmaster and GTE addon came in seven days to me without shipping costs. This product came to sell week after. I think I was the first buyer in my country. Best customer service I have ever received.

Upvote 0
Fact:
Fanatec CSW looks like a german quality product but has two very low quality toy motors,Mabuchi RS555PH, to drive FFB. Each one costs around 2 or 3 euros (yes, its true. Google it).
T500rs doesn't look so cool but has one German industrial quality motor,Bühler 1.13.044.236, driving its FFB. Each motor costs around 100 euros. This single motor has more power than both Fanatec motors together not to talk about quality.

-Thrustmaster has pedals, and a good ones.
-Thrustmaster is 200 to 300 euros cheaper.
-There are a lot of mods including Wheels, Wheel adaptors, good quality loadcells (as oposite to ones found on Fanatec pedals) to thrustmaster that you can buy to upgrade. There's none to Fanatec.
-Fanatec looks much cool and better.............but it isn't.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 421 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.7%
Back