What's still missing in AC?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
Think we can all agree that we adore this sim but despite the fact the game has reached version 1.x it's far from completed.

Personally I don't understand why AC was labeled 1.0, with some very basic sim racing features missing compared to competing titles on the PC sim racing market, and not just kept early access until all work was done.

To just have an overview of what's still missing I'd like to hear your opinion in this discussion thread.

What's absolutely needed to call AC complete?

Not understand much about that message but...

Okey you also already so bored to drive AC (Joke). Online on my mind but i'm too lazy to setup my race, will check this online soon as I have my first part of summer holiday next month but not hopefull.

Anyway, did you already tested Azure Coast? It's almost 20 km long and quite challenging to follow 100 percent AI. Also try to learn how to drive fast with Lotus 49 Cosworth, other cars are maybe too easy to learn. I can remember when I was practising this same car with Grand Prix Legends, I did Nordschleife laps almost every day in several months, Greger Huttu did 7.45, my best was 8.30 or something and it was impossible to drive any faster, I just did not know anything about settings or fast driving, this is one thing I will change at first, Nordschleife under 7.45 with Lotus 49 Coswort, can you do it? Prove it!!!

If you can do whole first sector without crashing you are winner :)

So please drive Nordschleife 7.45 or better with Lotus 49 Coswort and you can tell me that PC is simcade or arcade, before that it's full simulator and simulates real racing cars as good as possible, you just can't doo that kind of controlled sliding with any other sim and we still learning how to do it, I believe this PC sim makes me better than ever, did not learned anything from AC as we have icy roads in winter and for that we need winter tyres AC not include ;)

Hehehe you got it, but for me AC simulates just that and that's the biggest problem for me, slippery track is not fun, grip missing...so i'm out.
You aren't satisfied with the amount of grip on Optimum surface preset and with 26ºC? Fine, just go edit the files to get even more grip, but playing with edited files and racing for RSR leaderboards will get you banned, or you can't join online race since checksum error, and then you won't get that used to normal grip levels when racing online since they won't use extra grip from the files.

But I don't understand, Pcars doesn't have super grip either, in fact the front tyres are quite slippery and you'll see yourself sometimes easily losing front lateral grip and then regain it too easily, like there would be stability control which you can't disable.

This all can be found from the one sim, it's Project CARS. That's just my opinion, it's just how it feels and how fun it is to drive, it's fun, PC simulates fast cars and great tracks just the way I like, that's all I need from simulator, I can drive like a Crazy Monkey, flat out and it's still not too easy like need for speed is, you will lost control if you have too much speed etc. Please try them all at the same day, compare and found your own favourite, mine is Project CARS, only thing I need more is more and faster cars (+1000 bhp) and longer road tracks, there's much but more is better...and I don't hate AC I just don't like it so much and that's why I don't drive AC anymore, it's almost good but it's too clean like hospital, they tried to do something perfect but life is never perfect :)
I'm having fun with PCars, career mode is a blast. PCars is feels more complete as a game, but not as good as other sims in particular areas. I'll stick to what i said earlier, that would be a dream coming true.

Hehehe you got it, but for me AC simulates just that and that's the biggest problem for me, slippery track is not fun, grip missing...so i'm out.

There is too much grip already on optimum road to simulate any realistic condition, it's something they included probably for rookies to get quickly comfortable with. With some of the less grippier options you can actually play with the cars and appreciate the physics more.

There is too much grip already on optimum road to simulate any realistic condition, it's something they included probably for rookies to get quickly comfortable with. With some of the less grippier options you can actually play with the cars and appreciate the physics more.
Oke, I did my first Nords lap with Lotus 49 Cosworth (pCars), my time 8.23, 100 % AI did 7.55 (this track is 20,8 km, old one was 22,8, Greger Huttu did 7.45 with GPL's longer track, my best was 8.30)

My lap was driven very carefully, so slippery car without wings LOL, so 7.55 is not so far...hope so...7.45 is still my target...7.44 or better...it takes time...I like these kind of real simulators to make you really try to your best...

So I believe that 6.59 is possible because of 30-40 secs faster track, is it? Note that AI is very slow with this car, I drove with surface gas and AI was only 28 secs faster, that's only 2 secs per km, it seems that this sim is as difficult as Grand Prix Legends and that's good!!!

Last edited:
wow... difficult is not related to realism. And gpl is not a standard for realistic driving. There is realism obviously, but not that accurate realism like some of the modern sim racing games.
But is normal for that to happen, the concepts of sim racing games realism have advanced and turned better, closing more on how the car/tyres/system physics concepts are.
And maybe GPL wasn't as difficult as some remember. I'll have to try it again.

wow... difficult is not related to realism. And gpl is not a standard for realistic driving. There is realism obviously, but not that accurate realism like some of the modern sim racing games.
But is normal for that to happen, the concepts of sim racing games realism have advanced and turned better, closing more on how the car/tyres/system physics concepts are.
And maybe GPL wasn't as difficult as some remember. I'll have to try it again.
Kunos - don't give up!!! It's not so hard to create racing games but you can make it so hard...make it fun like these are LOL

mod-edit: videos go here http://www.racedepartment.com/media/

Last edited by a moderator:
Kunos - don't give up!!! It's not so hard to create racing games but you can make it so hard...make it fun like these are LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAteCGxrCSo
OMG!!!! That game is AWESOME!!! Full day/night cycle, dynamic environment , marshalls, amazing sound and car CUSTOMIZATION. For sure it's the most immersive game out there!!!!

DEAL WITH IT rFactor, AC, PC, Simbin and Codies.:cool:

Oke, I did my first Nords lap with Lotus 49 Cosworth (pCars), my time 8.23, 100 % AI did 7.55 Note that AI is very slow with this car,
If you're 30 sec slower than AI which is itself slow, not a great point of reference for how realistic the game is... I have no idea how well done the 49 is in the game anyway, they could just as easily have cut off 10% of its power to make it easier to drive as have given it more grip.

I just tried AC's Lotus 49 with green track surface and did 7:44 easily, 2nd lap out.

Last edited:
@Kimmo Kokkonen : Wow, you have some really schizophrenic logic there.

So please drive Nordschleife 7.45 or better with Lotus 49 Coswort and you can tell me that PC is simcade or arcade, before that it's full simulator and simulates real racing cars as good as possible, you just can't doo that kind of controlled sliding with any other sim and we still learning how to do it, I believe this PC sim makes me better than ever, did not learned anything from AC as we have icy roads in winter and for that we need winter tyres AC not include

This all can be found from the one sim, it's Project CARS. That's just my opinion, it's just how it feels and how fun it is to drive, it's fun, PC simulates fast cars and great tracks just the way I like, that's all I need from simulator, I can drive like a Crazy Monkey, flat out and it's still not too easy like need for speed is, you will lost control if you have too much speed etc. Please try them all at the same day, compare and found your own favourite, mine is Project CARS, only thing I need more is more and faster cars (+1000 bhp) and longer road tracks, there's much but more is better...and I don't hate AC I just don't like it so much and that's why I don't drive AC anymore, it's almost good but it's too clean like hospital, they tried to do something perfect but life is never perfect :)

Amazing. "PCars is the best driving simulator ever, most realistic bla bla, try do that lap time I did!" "But I don't like realism, I like fun" "But GPL was the most real ever and this feels like that so it must be the best!".

No-ones bashing you for enjoying the games you like, you can drive whatever you want, simulation or arcade, somewhere in-between, whatever floats your boat. We enjoy what we enjoy. I drive AC mostly, but also enjoy GSCE and I will play PCars more once I buy it and get the settings feeling a bit better. But please stop coming here trolling and bashing AC like it's your worst enemy and how terrible it is, just because you enjoy less realism and more fun - definition of "arcade". I'd swear you were a paid troll hired by PCars at the rate you're going.

Not understand much about that message but...

Okey you also already so bored to drive AC (Joke). Online on my mind but i'm too lazy to setup my race, will check this online soon as I have my first part of summer holiday next month but not hopefull.

Anyway, did you already tested Azure Coast? It's almost 20 km long and quite challenging to follow 100 percent AI. Also try to learn how to drive fast with Lotus 49 Cosworth, other cars are maybe too easy to learn. I can remember when I was practising this same car with Grand Prix Legends, I did Nordschleife laps almost every day in several months, Greger Huttu did 7.45, my best was 8.30 or something and it was impossible to drive any faster, I just did not know anything about settings or fast driving, this is one thing I will change at first, Nordschleife under 7.45 with Lotus 49 Coswort, can you do it? Prove it!!!

If you can do whole first sector without crashing you are winner :)

So please drive Nordschleife 7.45 or better with Lotus 49 Coswort and you can tell me that PC is simcade or arcade, before that it's full simulator and simulates real racing cars as good as possible, you just can't doo that kind of controlled sliding with any other sim and we still learning how to do it, I believe this PC sim makes me better than ever, did not learned anything from AC as we have icy roads in winter and for that we need winter tyres AC not include ;)
Well said sir.

Okay, after taking them for a spin:
Kimmo, stay the hell away from R3E and rFactor2 ... those sims will make you cry if you already complain about AC (and it makes me wonder how incredible much grip you have in pCars)

-Dynamic wheather/rain and day/night cycle

-More tracks such as La Sarthe

I think they should focus more on tracks than cars, in my opinion the car range is wide enough, maybe an another LMP1. But there are very few tracks and I would really like to see La Sarthe or Sonoma.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events