Who Was Your Sim Racing Developer of the Year?

Ya, only speaking for myself here, but I'm a little confused by some comments from some folks, and hope anyone at Kunos don't take them seriously. I really appreciate that Kunos decided to move forward, and with ACC I have no doubt that I will have the opportunity to experience GT3 racing with the closest accuracy to date. (along with expandable DLC in the future:whistling:)
If some comments here were to be taken seriously, that would suggest Kunos should have just stuck with AC and charged obscene amounts for a few cars and tracks and that would be ok. smh.

I enjoy RF2 quite a lot and really like that S397 took this project of polishing the game on, and hope to see more improvements. I understand completely why some would recognize Studio 397 for their efforts, I just don't see how anyone would knock Kunos for what they are doing.:O_o:

Last edited:
I think you need to get your facts straight. What about the new dx11 engine, rain/weather and several free cars and tracks they have released as well. I am fine with every choice for a developer on the list and anyones choice, but when incorrect statements like this are made, I had to disagree and respond.

then you better disagree with yourself then, because dx11 and rain was in 2017, i can only think of 1 freee track and thats longford, not exactly a show stopper of a track

they released a couple of mclarens free i'll give you that but it's nothing worth giving them developer of the year for

I have two candidates, and like already in the past years find it hard to give any of the two the lead.

Kunos for staging ACC which is a set of admirably new features, physics and innovations. and like in AC comes with tremendous cockpit immersion,

and Sector3 for working with an old engine and making it still look so incredibly good, still improving an old title after so many years and sending out a constant, notorious stream of patches, upgrades and new content, not to mention highly enjoyable new physics implemented car class by car class.

My vote goes to these two, and since that is not possible by the rules, no vote from me, sorry. Cannot say which game I liked more in the past 3, 4 years, and still cannot say today.

They were being sarcastic. I love how a 3rd party mod team can completely overhaul AC, but RF2 still has a clunky and gimped UI from years ago. Can I have some more sir?!
That's because AC UI was made in a way that allow 3rd pary to improve it "easily" while in rf2 it's hardcoded exactly because it was made so long ago, that's what S397 is changing now and the reason it is taking so long ;)

It seems that the most liked developers are those who have been struggling during months to try to bring something decent in their product but still has a lot to do next year(s). If this kind of dedication is something great and deserves respect, delivering a product complete and enjoyable should be at least equally considered. It became something uncommon...

Longford was a 3rd party track IIRC, but there was a free track from S397. There was also the Brabham BT44 & March 761, as well as performance improvements and updates to the tyre model, etc, etc. It's all in the roadmaps, for people who are interested.
Of course, if all you're interested in is turning every thread on RD into a "this is why I don't like rF2" thread and trying to start a bun fight, well... I guess you wouldn't bother to read up and get your facts straight, before launching in. :rolleyes:

then you better disagree with yourself then, because dx11 and rain was in 2017, i can only think of 1 freee track and thats longford, not exactly a show stopper of a track

they released a couple of mclarens free i'll give you that but it's nothing worth giving them developer of the year for
The dx11 engine release (non-beta) was announced in the December 2017 roadmap, so it was released after December 21st 2017 (I don’t know the exact date). I consider that a release for 2018, also with the improvements they made with the engine during 2018. If you consider the beta of dx11 as an official release, yes, you are right, that was 2017.

I suggest you read all the monthly roadmaps S397 released, and may notice more things you may have missed?;) E.g, the free Botniaring track in the October roadmap or some free classic formula cars (and I do not mean the 3 McLarens).;)

@Denis Betty This will soon be forgotten anyways, because Mr. Bell is going to blow everything out of the water. (shouldn't make fun lol, he might just do it )

Love it when Paul does these types of articles though...Keeps things interesting, and creates discussion (for the most part) In fact, I'll grab me a membership now.:)

@Denis Betty This will soon be forgotten anyways, because Mr. Bell is going to blow everything out of the water. (shouldn't make fun lol, he might just do it )

Love it when Paul does these types of articles though...Keeps things interesting, and creates discussion (for the most part) In fact, I'll grab me a membership now.:)
Discussion is good, it's what the forums are for. :)

• Deleted member 637371

yeah I'm enjoying the different viewpoints, whether I agree or not, it's interesting to get a perspective of what people value or consider the most when choosing a Dev of the year.

Sry off topic: err..no credit card option? I refuse to use Paypal anymore and deleted my account:( Is there a way to use credit card, I only saw paypal for payment option.
Um, I always use PayPal. Did you see this part, near the bottom of the thread?
"Do you have more questions about our premium membership package? Want to know what other perks there are? Please contact us via email."

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 162 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%