Windows 7

Cheers Leeo son,went ahead with and it done the upgrade no probs,now on a 64bit Win7 OS,first impressions are good,just going around getting the 64bit drivers and versions of stuff i had before,i got away with not having to do a full Steam install of everything,might have to redo rF afresh,its giving me jip just now,nothing really unfixable,i never lost a thing,still have my lovely \"SimStuff\" folder with all tracks and mods etc. for all me sims :)....so far its happy days!!.

I just saw this Gary as I have been busy today with fixing someones oc :)

but I see you hav e been helped. All I would have done is not to insert the product key on first asked, but later on :), but it still worked fine for you so that is ok

as for the rfactor, clean install is better (except the username folder that is :), same with other sims...backup the username folders (and other folders that might be important :))

welcome to windows 7 :)

^^ O/Clocking you say???
Have had my I5 750 at 4.2Ghz stable as can be for well over a couple of weeks now, it has soaked up everything I have thrown at it and laughed it off in fine style with not one blue screen :O
... the Corsair H50 watercooler is keeping the CPU cool as the stock cooler was at stock speeds (ie. 2.6Ghz) - over 60% overclock, you gotta loooove it!!

^^ O/Clocking you say???
Have had my I5 750 at 4.2Ghz stable as can be for well over a couple of weeks now, it has soaked up everything I have thrown at it and laughed it off in fine style with not one blue screen :O
... the Corsair H50 watercooler is keeping the CPU cool as the stock cooler was at stock speeds (ie. 2.6Ghz) - over 60% overclock, you gotta loooove it!!

I know this will be my future cooler too. Until now I still run my Q6600 at 3.8 or 4.0 Ghz so for gaming it is enough. Maybe next year I will do an upgrade and I am sure to buy that cooler also.

I am REALLY happy with the H50 cooler and for now can only highly recommend it ... in fact I am really happy with my new rig, full stop ... the sum of its parts is far greater than the individual components may otherwise suggest. (specs are listed under another thread here somewhere).
There is still another few hundred mhz to be had out of this i5 CPU without stressing it too much, but I think for now this meagre 4.2Ghz will do me fine ;-))

EDIT: The H50 is dead simple to install too, and as its a factory sealed unit, I will not be having to worry about topping reservoirs up or springing leaks etc.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.