F1 2010 Winning the season in the Lotus @ max difficulty is disappointing

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi folks, while im still enjoying the races in the game its just too easy.
Im in season one with 3 races to go and i cant be beaten in the championship,ive won 8 races and podiums on the rest.
The podium ones were simply a lapse in concentration due to boredom while out infront on my own.
Im running the Lotus, expert settings all aids off and legendary ai, i simply shouldnt be beating the pants off the top teams.
I was looking forward to a career fighting ' the back of the grid to start off and work my way up.
Winning the championship by a country mile in a Lotus while playing the game at its most difficult settings is not exactly what id hope for.
I realise its not a sim and for someone used to the likes of the usual pc sims aswell as iracing its just far far too easy.
No im not the fastest of iracers either,im very much average and a lot slower than the top iracers.
Anyone else feel the same?

So far Ive only been able to outpace the AI on legendary if I switch tyresim off with the first season lotus. There is just too much understeer otherwise. Although on some tracks you can cut across kerbs without getting a penalty, and beat them that way.

I think it confuses a lot of people that they dont explicitly say that all cars are the same in time trial mode, and that the performance of cars in career mode changes from season 2 and up.

p.s

That thing in my previous post about simracers, was meant to say that you're not a simracer if you use assists to win. Like you see on youtube where people post laps where they drive like they're on rails.

Just finished my first season with lotus and got world champ. I qualified only 13th at abu dabi, down to how slow the other cars were on track always holding me up and causing accidents when i was going for it, despite that their times showed them 2 seconds faster than me (in the 1.41s and i was 1.43.9 in quali). However that same slowness of the actual driven cars in quali remained in the race, i was able to easily work my way up to 1st position, and then pull a fairly decent gap lapping at around 1.43.7 on the primes with the clean air.

Last race of season a win and well i was expecting more. No celebrations just the usual press conferance and off to season 2? Its more disapointing after my Engineer is saying "come on the team are waiting to celebrate". I enjoyed my season, and there were challenges but i wish there was more to "The life" than interviews with holly samos and then back to my little tin caravan.

After finishing a season and winning a championship i was expecting more from the game, a cinematic, some sort of little event? some eye candy ^^. But nope, business as usual.

It's not "Full sim" like you are posting unless you run 100% race distance races. If you can run 100% distance and win in a Lotus, with all aids off, all simulations on and AI to legendary, then props to you, you're a driving god. But if you're claiming championships with 10 or 20% races where there are no pit stops, then its bull crap

I wasnt going to bother replying to this but i felt compelled to respond to the childish jibes and accusations from some people, personally i couldnt care less what you guys believe,my post was about the game and nothing else
Im a life long simracer, this game to me is incredibly easy,FYI im running 50% race distance.
Its an arcade racer and a game any half decent veteran simracer will find piss easy especially with a decent wheel setup.
If it makes you guys feel better to say im talking BS etc then so be it.
Take a look around all the usual simracing communities and you will see im not alone in beating the pants off the AI in a Lotus.
Maybe as some suggested the AI are different according to what you answer in your initial interview at the start of the career? i really dont know but its quite possible.
Im not the fastest simracer around but im very consistent,maybe this helps?
The game is so bug ridden i wouldnt be surprised with anything in this game,ive done one race of my second season and im already seeing a difference in the AI speed compared to season one, i mean wtf is that all about.
I know all about adaptive ai from papyrus sims but codies didnt mention it so God knows.
Seriously though guys give me a break ,im only passing on what ive experience in the game, take it or leave it, ive no reason to lie about it.
Im just disappointed with the childish accusations, i thought better of the RD community, you live and learn though :)

It's easier to prove your point if you post hard evidence, like a video, instead of just "TAKE MY WORD FOR IT".
I've been playing racing games for a while and love formula 1, but something as frustrating as I've experienced in the Catalunya circuit, had never happened to me.
So go ahead and restart your career (after all why not, if you win in a Lotus, why even bother playing as a red bull or ferrari), get to Catalunya, turn every simulation ON, AI in legendary, 100% race distance and post your first 5 laps. I really wanna see you overtaking anyone. My heavy as hell car couldn't even keep up to the slowest of the AI cars, and I don't think any line or any racing experience can make up for that. Even if you lap 2 seconds faster than me you'd be 1 second slower than the AI

hi,

Try AI on legend, difficulty on expert, cockpit view, no assists, full race weekend and distance. Thats how I drive with the M$ wheel. As for the leader board times, i use the same settings, but I just use the standard engineer setups. For Sakhir and Melbourne I usse the least down force one to the very right.

p.s I haven't won a race with these settings!!

Matt AKA GT Magictap

• Kraken

Almost certainly these people who reckon they can win in career mode with the four new teams have got tyre sim turned off.

In my new career with the Virgin I'm at Malaysia and I qualified 18th and finished 17th, fastest lap 1.39 with most about 1:41 struggling with worn tyres. All assists off, fuel sim off, tyre sim on and AI legendary.

I restarted at the results screen and quit back to the paddock and put the tyre sim to off and went to do the race again. This time I won it. Best lap was 1.33 with pretty much every lap around that time. At one point I overtook Button, Hamilton and Alonso around the outside of a flat out bend.

The game is insanely easy with tyre sim set to off.

With some experience with the game its easy to see that at some corners/tracks the AI is too slow, especially at abu dabi.

Some tracks they will qualify slower than they race, so clearly the qualifying is undertuned on those. other races (abu dabi) they qualify alot faster than they race. It is certain that there are areas where you can take major advantage at many tracks, not only that but the ability to be able to restart your race as many times as you want to get the perfect start, isnt something that happens in real life.

A little tuning of the AI, bug fixes and the game would be seriously hard (as it is on certain tracks with expert difficulty, tyre/fuel sim on). If they make it seriously hard they need to rebalance it though... Expecting 3rd in qualifying and 2nd in a race in a force india is like asking for miracles in real life.

In my second season i have turned on fuel sim, though still reduced flags/visual damage only and in bahrain i qualified 4th running 1.56/57 laptimes, 3rd place was around half a second faster, if i pushed the car really hard without it spinning/going off i could probably get there but the car was being pushed hard already near the limit of ruining my laps, im pretty sure i was doing roughly the same in the lotus

I'm finding that my force india is surprisingly slow compared to the end of season lotus, i notice the engine sounds different and is very easy to hit the crazy screaming limiter noise, it also tops out at about 185mph down the bahrain main straight with lowest downforce settings, maybe its the track setup.

i notice the engine sounds different and is very easy to hit the crazy screaming limiter noise, it also tops out at about 185mph down the bahrain main straight with lowest downforce settings, maybe its the track setup.

bouncing off the rev limiter was something that i didnt realise was killing so much time on every corner. Get those 1-3gear exits smooth and lap times just started to plummet :)

I'd think the speed is due to the track setup, and not representative of the true top speed of the car

I would concur with the assesment that people are driving with tyre sim off, intentional or not. I just dont see how you can outdrive the AI when you havent got the grip % to be quick

The game is so bug ridden i wouldnt be surprised with anything in this game,ive done one race of my second season and im already seeing a difference in the AI speed compared to season one, i mean wtf is that all about.I know all about adaptive ai from papyrus sims but codies didnt mention it so God knows.

The performance of the cars and the AI drivers change every season from the second one to the end.

I just won at bahrain in force india, tyre/fuel sim on with a 28 second lead. Though it was a strange race il be honest, my 2nd season and the first race results were.

1. Me
2. Petrov
3. Massa
4. Buemi
5. Chandok
6. Vettel
7. Button
8. Webber
9. Barichello
10. Hulkenberg.

If that isnt cause to believe the AI can do strange or buggy things then i dont know what is, in qualifying i was 4th, Redbull 1-2, alonso was 3rd.

Ok, I've just started my second season with LOTUS. I just won the Bahrain GP by 36 seconds on the hardest difficulty, with fuel and tire sim turned ON, after qualifying 2nd.

That shouldn't happen.
Wait until you get to Catalunya in Spain, you will see the true pace of what the AI on legendary is capable of, in a lotus the best you will manage is probably a low 1.24 on expert, ai cars will be running laps in the region of 1.20-1.22 covering the top 15 or so, alot faster than they will run in qualifying..

AI are also fast at Singapore, at monza i found ferrari were extremely dominant on the straights. There is a patch coming out, perhaps the AI will be tweaked for various tracks, at Bahrain the AI is very slow in the first sector, though the times are decent (not amazing) in qualifying.

In general the whole game needs a slight rebalance in terms of qualifying and race pace at various tracks. At catalunya the polesitter for me had beaten his qualifying time on the first lap of the race and got faster from there on, obviously if they are running fuel that would not be possible.

Does

The OP stated that he managed to win with the lotus on the GRAND PRIX or Career MODE?
?
EVerybody need to be aware that your car in CAREER are much slower than TT and GRAND PRIX

No way you can win in career mode with lhe lotus except when it is raining. THe AI is very slow

I'm running 1.19 in TT on Catalunya and only 1'25 in career mode. To much oversteer!!

**** strange AI of hell

Today i was playing on career mode (Expert, Legend, all off) in China (4 race). NO RAIN

I have qualified in 14 place and finish the race in 8, but my team mate Trulli is a master of racing and strategy, began the race in 24 and finish in 3 place in his Lotus! LOL!!!

The OP stated that he managed to win with the lotus on the GRAND PRIX or Career MODE?
?
EVerybody need to be aware that your car in CAREER are much slower than TT and GRAND PRIX

No way you can win in career mode with lhe lotus except when it is raining. THe AI is very slow

I'm running 1.19 in TT on Catalunya and only 1'25 in career mode. To much oversteer!!

Just wondering... Do you have oversteer everywhere or in certain corners? Have you spent much time trying to tune it down. I wished you could use your career car for TT but I completely understand why you can't (if mine is their logic). There is no testing in F1, so it only makes sense to not allow us to race our career cars in TT.

I'm on expert/legendary, everything full sim and I'm sitting 6th in the standings (3pts behind Alonso). I was on pole in Turkey and Canada (but finished 2nd and 4th respectively due to a spin at Turkey and puncture in Canada). Qualified 3rd at Valencia (a second off the Bulls), but somehow I was way quicker in the race and eventually won. Silverstone was a pain but I ended up finishing 8th there after a puncture.

I honestly felt the same way after taking pole in Turkey and Canada, then winning Valencia. That absolutely should NOT be happening in a Lotus in career mode. So, I do believe it is possible for the really good sim racers to win the championship in their first season, given they have almost no punctures (or they get a puncture right next to the pit lane) as well as no pit lane follies happening to them. I think once I get into a Sauber or Williams, it will be very easy to fight for the top spot. I can't even imagine what driving a RBR or McLaren will be like. At that point the game will be extremely boring.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.5%