rF2 1.5h DT5 Serie @ Melbourne - Saturday 21st March 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Nice race yesterday. Everyone that started finished. :thumbsup:
I had little practice so i loaded Christian Michel's setup from Interlagos did some adjustments to my driving style and felt comfortable with it.

The race started with some close racing but Martin had incredible pace so he just took off. So the race for second place was on. With a 2 stop strategy i had to gain some time right from the start but a spin made me loose that precious time.

Now i had to push hard to recover and started to gain some time which allowed me to get to second place before my second stop. Again pushing to the limit allowed me to do the 2nd stop and came out in third.

With Daniel in second with a good gap i was happy to keep the third place and try to maintain it until the end. Then Daniel went to the pits maybe because of a penalty and i took second place. :D

Because of that spin at the beginning i didn't have many fights but dealing with the strategy was so much fun. Thanks to all. ;)

Looking with mixed feelings back to this race. When starting I selected the Merc and thought I had pretty pace, but when I came online I was 6 seconds of the pace, so didn't feel like racing at all. :p Joao send me his setup for the Audi :thumbsup: and from lap one I was "on pace". :) Thanx Joao!! :thumbsup:
I didn't had the best lap in qualy, but it was good enough to start as 3rd.
In the beginning of the race I made a mistake, so Joao could easily pass me and take 3rd.
I was in 4th untill Daniel and Joao made their pitstops and run as high as 2st as also Martin had his pitstop(?) / problem in turn 3. I defended against Martin for a lap or so, knowing that he would pass me anyway as his speed was insane, but just move over without a fight? Ofcourse not. :D
Half way the race I made my pitstop and till than my pace was good and felt I could end up as 2nd due to my pitstop strategy. When driving out of the pit I was struck by extreme low frame rates... they were between the 12 and 24 for a long time, than my desktop popped up, but could get back in the game within a second or so. The damaged was already done. Due to the low frame rates I had a few spins and square tires (serveral flatspots all around :( ). Second place was impossible now, so just drove it to the finish, locking up at every brakepoint. The plus side was that when I went back from the desktop to the game, my frame rates were back to normal.
Just too bad, could have been on the podium for sure... Was the second time to drive these cars and the first time on this track with rF2.
Would have been nice as more peeps would have joined on TS with me and Daiman. We had some nice chats as ever.

Cya all next time guys! :)

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 93 71.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 27.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • No 3pa registration pages