rF2 1.5hrs of Daytona with S397 Endurance - Fri 29 Jan 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
My braking point is just about where that last short white line on the track is. Try to be as far right as possible and play with the brake balance so that the rear just won't step out. It's also the point I start turning left into the corner.
I'm not really good at this track at all so I might be totally wrong. It's a tricky corner, I barely got it right two times in a row :roflmao:

View attachment 439838
In Aston GTE I brake just before where the double yellow line would be, in a transition from the oval to the road course. It's braking and turning... trail braking if you will... it's a skill, but something you can learn.

Tested the 2020-release, but that's just the same track, slightly different textures, sharpened and added lots of color and stuff around the track. It looks a bit better, but not nearly enough to be worth switching track now. Especially as it has the same flicker-issues, but with more stuff around the track, it's just more stuff that can flicker! :p

Did you turn on AI on purpose? Or did I end up on the wrong server?

Adding AI isn't a bad idea, if only to have some traffic to pass you/to pass. Oddly, I got a server mismatch earlier.

I started practicing on the track in the download link. Am I doing something wrong? There are no track lights in the dark (although it seems to be still completely light) and the track seems to be missing a lot of detail. There seem to be other later versions of the same track model available too. Any thoughts?

I started practicing on the track in the download link. Am I doing something wrong? There are no track lights in the dark (although it seems to be still completely light) and the track seems to be missing a lot of detail. There seem to be other later versions of the same track model available too. Any thoughts?

The track doesn't have much effective light, but it shouldn't be too dark anyway.
The other Daytona track are the exact same, just with more stuff around, but also extremely bright... everything-lights, cartoonish textures etc. It's also heavier on the systems and takes a much longer time to load. It's also more objects that cause flickering the moment it's getting a bit darker.

This is the best compromise on Daytona-tracks. Wish someone would be able to convert the AC version.

The track doesn't have much effective light, but it shouldn't be too dark anyway.
The other Daytona track are the exact same, just with more stuff around, but also extremely bright... everything-lights, cartoonish textures etc. It's also heavier on the systems and takes a much longer time to load. It's also more objects that cause flickering the moment it's getting a bit darker.

This is the best compromise on Daytona-tracks. Wish someone would be able to convert the AC version.

I find the AC version rather odd to drive. I wonder if the physics are off.

The raceroom version is exceptional. S397 should look to do a laser scanned version of Daytona.

Please sign me up, GTE

Hi. You need to put in your name in the "Custom Title" in "account details" first :)

chrome_2021-01-04_10-42-36-jpg.433062

Real Name is now called "Custom Title" :)

When you have done that, I can put out on the list :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.0%