1979 Super Skinpack - All teams! - RSS Formula 79 - 4k

Skins 1979 Super Skinpack - All teams! - RSS Formula 79 - 4k 1.41

Login or Register an account to download this content
thejqka submitted a new resource:

1979 Complete - RSS Formula 1979 4k - EVERY Team from the 1979 Formula 1 season + Bonuses!

View attachment 536053

This is the big one!
The 1979 Complete Collection!

This Pack includes 41 liveries for 14 Teams from the 1978/79/80 seasons. Kind of a "Best-Of", if you so want :D

View attachment 536052

Every car comes with a fitting, fully customised pitcrew and pitbox.
Every driver wears his own, carefully replicated helmet.
All in crisp 4k textures.

View attachment 536054

The...

Read more about this resource...

Wonderful pack and it reminded me that I always wanted to purchase this mod and kept forgetting.

A quick question. If I wanted to knock these down to 2K skins for memory and performance reasons, how would you suggest I do it to minimize the loss in quality, bicubic, nearest or bilinear? Also, do I just need to resize the skin00.dds file or does every file need cut in half? Thanks for any suggestions...

Wonderful pack and it reminded me that I always wanted to purchase this mod and kept forgetting.

A quick question. If I wanted to knock these down to 2K skins for memory and performance reasons, how would you suggest I do it to minimize the loss in quality, bicubic, nearest or bilinear? Also, do I just need to resize the skin00.dds file or does every file need cut in half? Thanks for any suggestions...
Hey there!
Thank you very much! :D
It realy is an amazing car to drive, once you get the hang of it. I hope you have fun with it!
Not sure how big the differences are when downsizing, but I would use bilinear...
Skin00 (texture) and the Skin00_MAP (surface quality) are the files you want to resize. Both are in 4k.
Mabe the Helmets as well, they are all 4096x1024px. Everything else is in its "normal" resolution.
Maybe I'll post that as an update too, you are probably not the only one who could use that :D
Cheers!

Think something's went wrong somewhere - the #21's got the exact same skin as the #20, number and all. That aside, a phenomenal skin pack for an excellent car.

Because of the repeating questions, I wanted to lay dowan some kind of roadmap for this skinpack and explain some things.

The Numbers
They will never be completely correct, sorry.
I am mixing the '78, '79 and '80 seasons in this pack to represent the time period the RSS 79 encapsules, not one year specifically. My goal is not to be 100% accurate to one year, but having fun with a "Best-Of". Thats why there are allready some teams with two different liveries, from different years.

More Cars
Some Teams are still missing, but I'm planing on bringing them in the (near) future.

- Copersucar Fittipaldi
#14 Emerson Fittipaldi and #17 Alex Ribeiro

- Team Rebaque Formula 1
#31 Héctor Rebaque

- Interscope Shadow Racing (varriant)
Same numbers, same drivers, different livery.

- Autodelta / Alfa Romeo
Probably retouching my personal redesign for this, the original is a bit bland...
You can already find it HERE, but before I include it here I'll retouch it once more for the correct drivers etc.
My other Fantasy-Teams will obviously not be included.

Driver Suits
Maaaybe I'll try to create matching suits in the future.

Any feedback, comments or other ideas are als always welcome and appreciated!

Cheers!
Leon

Last edited:
thejqka updated 1979 Complete Season Skinpack - RSS Formula 79 - 4k with a new update entry:

Roadmap or something...

Because of the repeating questions, I wanted to lay dowan some kind of roadmap for this skinpack and explain some things.

The Numbers
They will never be completely correct, sorry.
I am mixing the '78, '79 and '80 seasons in this pack to represent the time period the RSS 79 encapsules, not one year specifically. My goal is not to be 100% accurate to one year, but having fun with a "Best-Of". Thats why there are allready some teams with two different liveries, from different years...

Read the rest of this update entry...

thejqka updated 1979 Complete Season Skinpack - RSS Formula 79 - 4k with a new update entry:

Autodelta

Hey there folks!
With this Update I bring you the Alfa Romeo Autodelta Formula 1 Team.
Cars #35 and #36 From the 1979 season. Driven by Bruno Giacomelli and Vittorio Brambilla.
View attachment 538743
As always they come as a complete package, with a matching pitcrew, pitboy and driver-helmets!
View attachment 538744
These are the least accurate liveries in this pack. Still, they are fitting for the time.

The next Update, 1.3, will bring a accurate...

I think that you forgot Fittipaldi's Coperscuar-Fittipaldi F5.
I remember that team is in the 1979 season too... :)
Fittipaldi_F5A_Auto_und_Technik_Museum_Sinsheim.jpg

Last edited:

Copersucar Fittipaldi

View attachment 541311

Hey there folks!
The Coppersucar Fittipaldi Team finally joins in on the fun!

View attachment 541309View attachment 541308

View attachment 541307View attachment 541306

Of course the team comes with replicatet helmets and a fitting pitcrew!

View attachment 541305

Enjoy!

Cheers, Leon

Changelog:
- New Team: Copersucar Fittipaldi
- Autodelta white varriant added
- added AO on all skins for a better look on track.
- minor color...

Very nice work! For me, the tyres still show up as the original "Good Times" RSS tyres in game. In showroom the Good Year-tyres work properly. Is this something on my side? It seems odd that it works in showroom/preview, but not in game.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 31 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 1.1%