2008 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Wido Rossen

Q&A with McLaren's Heikki Kovalainen

Fifth place in Melbourne was a pretty good result for Heikki Kovalainen's McLaren debut. However, with a little more luck he could easily have been second. The safety car timing didn't go his way, and then there was that unfortunate error - accidentally hitting the pitlane speed limiter - that cost him a place to Fernando Alonso. Now Kovalainen is looking forward to Sepang, a track which holds fond memories, even if it is slightly warmer than his native Finland?

More...

• Wido Rossen

The BBC wins rights to UK Formula One coverage

Formula One Administration Limited's Chief Executive, Mr Bernie Ecclestone, announced on Thursday that UK Formula One coverage will return to the BBC in 2009, taking over from current rights holder, ITV.?I am delighted to conclude this new deal with the BBC,? Bernie Ecclestone said...

More...

• Wido Rossen

Weekend weather update - hot and humid for Sepang

Welcome to the second round of the 2008 FIA Formula One World Championship, the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang. The hot and very humid weather here is always good for the odd thunderstorm, and this year may be no exception. The forecast for the race weekend is slightly cooler than last year, with an ambient temperature high of 31 degrees Celsius on Saturday, 29 on Thursday, and 28 on Friday and Sunday.

More...

This has made me stupidly happy aswell and this means that F1 will finally be broadcast in HD aswell :) i cant wait for that, a nice crisp picture unlike the ITV's picture which is always horrible

• Andy Marsden

This is bloody fantastic news, no adverts spoiling the race anymore! Lets hope they bring back Murray and keep 'The Chain' as the theme.

Andy

• Andy Marsden

As has been said on the BBC sport '606' boards the TC ban amongst other mechanical changing rules is showing us who are the 'real' drivers and who are the 'scalextric' drivers!
I for one welcome the new regulations, makes F! enjoyabel to watch again and this season looks set to be a good one.

Andy

:rolleyes: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhha
@ maurice "he didnt made it to the box" is also noobish, but you are right man ;-)
@ james alias old team mate your smarty english guy need more spinach the grip was already down in his arms :p

I could kiss Bernie's feet [not going to though ;)}.

I hate ITV's coverage of F1. Ryder bores me. Louise Goodman should have stuck to being Jordan's PR rep. Allen and Kravitz do my head in...

Brundle is the only saving grace - as he reminds me of James Hunt and John Watson; informed and authentic commentary, rather than the drivel from the others.

My favourite time was when you could watch F1 on Eurosport and turn to BBC during their breaks - because Eurosport televised the practice sessions live!

Never, ever return to ITV - please.

• Andy Marsden

As Attila said a very moving piece of film, it still seems like yesterday when Senna was lost even though it was 14 years ago.
Shows some of the greats of the sport and how much the cars have changed.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%