2008 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • SMillar13

make a northern ireland one please, with the red hand of ulster

• Roman Liebich

Count me in!

Roman Liebich - Czech Republic (those guys who can't play football atm)

working on England now.

thinking on northern ireland i could pick this up, shouldn't be too disimilar to the above.

i'm also looking a drafting a logo idea. thinking the word NATIONS, with each letter a colour as taken from the olympic flag. this obviously leaves me 1 colour short... thinking orange, unless other suggestions?

New Ideas!

Ok new ideas!

I was messing about offline today and 2 ideas hit me!

1) Do separate races with different classes eg F3000, FBMW, Caterhams etc. Each driver can choose what car they want to race in and added scores get added up for team.

Advantages: More variation and more chance of people driving there favourite car!

Disadvantages: Bickering over who goes in what car, more jobs for skinners and more servers needed (More Money :()

2) Have one league with FBMW;s WTCC, WTCC1987, Rads 190's and Caterhams 200bhp's. They are very evenly matched cars and if you dont believe me have a look at this video (Look at lap counter and see how close thay are even after 6 laps!) Mixed race ideA

Advantages: Different classes yet still close racing so more fun! Also more variation :)

Disadvantages: More skinning required and might be complaints about cars having an edge over another!

3) (Probabaly the worst idea in the world!) Have a knock-out competition, EG: France vs England, In 1 race say there are 10 France racers and 12 English racers only the top 10 English racers get points and the team with the most points at the end wins!

Advantages: Lots of teamplay required so team-tactics are required, makes the teams more friendly by helping each other rather than racing each other.

Disadvantages: Small teams with only a few drivers! Lots of servers required as lots of countries!

So I thought of those three ideas that probably are silly at this stage but I thought of them so I decided to type them out to you to see your thoughts!

possible logo?

thinking along the lines of the olympic logo having the colours across the flags i've pulled this together as a first run past.

Attachments

• thenationsgp.png
    thenationsgp.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 173
Another Idea;

Every race starts behind the safety car. Also the safetycar could join the track during the race because of someone crashing heavily.

PS. Got the safety car working (again); still have some work to finish on it to make it compatible for everyone.

safety car sounds good!

could i make a suggestion that a sub forum be set up under the paddock to help break out these discussions a little bit - this thread is getting long with skins, logos, rules etc...

something along the lines of "WIP - The Nations Cup" (WIP being work in progress for those not familiar with the term)

with regard to ross ideas -

1/ nice idea separate classes for different rounds, but thats an awful lot of skins to make!! :D

2/ not so keen on this - would prefer 1 class on track at a time.

3/ knock out is a good idea - maybe not for this - should look at development for this as a separate event maybe??? like the idea for team play.

Up until now ideas have be in the format of bits and pieces. Let’s try to put together a complete National Cup Rules and Regulation by gathering ideas the comes from everyone.

Here is a draft and of course it’s not final. But it is the result of merging ideas from everyone that have been discussed in this tread (and seems to be supported by a few other members) and I also added a bit of my opinion in areas that have not been discussed.

Competition Name: National Cup 2008

Date: TBA
Cars: FBMW
Tracks: TBA (aim to have at least 1 race in each continent)

To qualify for competition:
-Need to join the team of you nation (You can only join 1 team and cannot switch team mid season)
-No performance qualification required

Team Format:
-Only 1 team per Nation
-Unlimited number of team members
-Each team is required to have a team leader (will be decided by vote with the team)
-Each team member will be presented with equal opportunities to race for their nation regardless of skill level
-New members are allowed to join in their national team at any point during the season

Pre Race:
-Team leader will decide which team member is racing for the nation in each round.
-No repeat drivers are allow unless all team member has been raced for same number races
- Practice server will be up 1 week before the race to allow team members collaborating on car setups and driving tips.

Race Format:
-1 Race Group. 24 participants. 24 Nations.
-Super Pole qualifying style – 1 flying lap only. Outing sequence is determined by the race finish from previous race in reverse order (i.e. the race winner for the previous race will go out last). Sequence of the 1st race quail will be determined using a draw by RD staff.
-2 Races. 1 Sprint and 1 Feature. Feature race is 30mins and Sprint is 1/3 of the Feature distance.
-Sprint Race: Rolling start, First 10 place are rewarded with points: 15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1
-Feature Race: Standing start, First 10 place are rewarded with points: 15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1
-1 Bonus point will be award to teams with fastest lap in Sprint and Feature race.
-Safety car period will only be featured in Feature Race.

i would recommend 45 minute feature and 15 minute sprint. apart from that looks like we're getting it together.

point for leading race (must cross start finish line as leader) Not 1 point for every lap - 1 point for every team that leads across start finish. ie: "team foreignistan" leads from start to finish every lap - they get 1 point no others score. if for 3 laps "team republic of the south" lead in this then both teams would get 1 point each. etc... This would be feature race only.

rolling start for sprint would need to be behind safety car due to known issues in left hand right hand speeds.

Competition Name: National Cup 2008

Date: TBA
Cars: FBMW
Tracks: TBA (aim to have at least 1 race in each continent)

To qualify for competition:
-Need to join the team of you nation (You can only join 1 team and cannot switch team mid season)
-No performance qualification required

Team Format:
-Only 1 team per Nation
-Unlimited number of team members
-Each team is required to have a team leader (will be decided by vote with the team)
-Each team member will be presented with equal opportunities to race for their nation regardless of skill level
-New members are allowed to join in their national team at any point during the season

Pre Race:
-Team leader will decide which team member is racing for the nation in each round.
-No repeat drivers are allow unless all team member has been raced for same number races
- Practice server will be up 1 week before the race to allow team members collaborating on car setups and driving tips.

Race Format:
-1 Race Group. 24 participants. 24 Nations.

Qualifying (option 1)
-Super Pole qualifying style – 1 flying lap only. Outing sequence is determined by the race finish from previous race in reverse order (i.e. the race winner for the previous race will go out last). Sequence of the 1st race quail will be determined using a draw by RD staff.
Qualifying (option 2)
- One 10 min section of qualifying. No lap limits

-2 Races. 1 Sprint and 1 Feature. Feature race is 30min and Sprint is 1/3 of the Feature distance.
-Sprint Race: Rolling start behind safety car, First 10 place are rewarded with points: 15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1
-Feature Race: Standing start, First 10 place are rewarded with points: 15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1
-1 Bonus point will be award to teams with fastest lap in Sprint and Feature race.
-1 Bouns point for leading a race will be awarded in Feature race only (1 point max for each team in each race)
-Safety car period will only be featured in Feature Race.

Weather - Interchangable in both quali and race section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%