2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a good qual lap although with a clean lap I would have been able to get close to my pre-qual time.

Samuel got a great start in the first race, seemed like he was right behind my bumper before I could do anything. I got too much wheel spin but I was able to cover the inside into T1. After that I managed to pull away and take the win in race 1. :)

In race 2 I got a slightly better start and moved up a bit. It was tough on the opening laps to find the rhythm but once the race got going it was fun. The racing was really good and fair with Samuel, Attila, Cristian and everyone else giving just enough racing room. I found myself in a great position with many laps left and right behind Cristian who was leading. I tried to wait for the right moment to overtake and finally got a good run into T1 to make the pass.

Too bad what happened to Cristian in the end, that would have been a well deserved podium finish.

sry for the big heavy crash in race 1 ... i lose the control about my car and got a bump the car turns around no chance to do anything or avoid the **** happens. Well Eckhardt you crashed into my car, sry dude :)

Thx Mtommi

When my screen frozed early in the first race I couldnt read anything.

Zandvoortfroze.jpg

Hmm the replays didnt work for me.

• Michael Sharpe

I hadn't taken part in an online race for a month (Istanbul non-qualifer race) before this one so I felt refreshed and less slow than normal :)

In quali I beat my pre-quali time by 0.2 :roll: and started 10th. However Race 1 was a disaster. I got a good start but I made a mistake at t1 and went wide and lost some places. Then in the fast right before the famous rise (where blueflaggers always crash and roll :)) I was passing a SEAT, when there was a car stopped in the track just over the rise and I could do nothing to avoid it, totally killed my car as I hit it at full speed. Not even half of lap1 completed :(

Race2 was much nicer, I started last (16th) and moved up to 7th in the opening laps. I was fighting with Gaynall for most of the race for 6th, and I was ahead for a while and looking to 5th place, but in the last few laps my tyres were finished, so Gaynall could catch me and went round the outside in the chicane :) great racing m8

glad to be back in action :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%