2008 World Touring Car Championship

• Wido Rossen

ADAC Procar-drivers in WTCC at Oschers

The ADAC Procar, the German championship reserved for S2000 cars, will be a part of the World Touring Car Championship event at Oschersleben. Top drivers in the championship are the current leader Philip Geipel, Toyota Corolla, Jens-Guido Weimann, Mercedes C2000 and Franz Engstler, BMW 320i.

wtcc08081501.jpg

The ADAC Procar-drivers will get two free practice sessions and one qualifying session on saturday, followed by two back-to-back 20-minue races. These are the rounds eight and nine of the championship.

Currently Geipel is leading the championship with 62 points, second is Weimann with 28 points and Engstler with 28 points.

( Source Touringcar Times )

• Henri Toivonen

Because

a) Yvan Muller is better
b) Gabriele Tarquini is more experienced
c) Jordi Gene is the development driver and from Spain
d) Tiago Monteiro brings a lot of money and is on a similar level after only one season
e) Rickard Rydell is undoubtely a great driver

You are another one deutsh Hassel men...

...look at Tiago monteiro 2008 season results now!!!! alreadt«y win 2 races......

lot of Money???? If he had so many money, will been in F1 this year.

• Wido Rossen

Duncan Huisman to drive for Wiechers Sport

The Touring Car legend Duncan Huisman joins the World Touring Car Championship privateer team Wiechers-Sport for the Oschersleben race. Last time Huisman took part in the WTCC was in 2006 during the Valencia and Macau races.

Last time Huisman won a WTCC race was in the 2005 finale at Macau, a track which Huisman has proved to be extremely quick at. According to information to TouringCarTimes Huisman could drive the WTCC 2008 finale at Macau for Wiechers-Sport.

Because of Huisman's previous results he will not be eligible to score points in the WTCC Independents' Trophy.

( Source Touringcar Times )

You are another one deutsh Hassel men...

...look at Tiago monteiro 2008 season results now!!!! alreadt«y win 2 races......

lot of Money???? If he had so many money, will been in F1 this year.

Firstly, I don't know what you try to say in the first part of your posting, but don't insult me.

Secondly, Tiago brought a lot of money at least last year to SEAT, if you just look at his last year's sponsors (TMN, Caixa Geral, Brose, Portugal tourism). This year it's only Brose, so this might have changed.

And finally, I was trying to point out why Monteiro IS a good choice for SEAT. I said, he is already on a similar level to the works guys after one season. So I'm not surprised by his two victories.

• Wido Rossen

double dutch in Wiechers BMW

Dutchman Olivier Tielemans will return to the World Touring Car Championship at Oschersleben this weekend, TouringCarTimes has learned. Last week the FIA already announced Tielemans was likely to return, but at that time Tielemans was still not sure if this would be the case. A day after the announcement of the FIA, Wiechers sent out a press release stating that Duncan Huisman is going to race for the team at Oschersleben.

Tielemans and Team Wiechers had to miss the race at Brands Hatch after his sponsor, Advanced LSM, failed to pay the team for the sponsorship. The sponsor claimed it hadn't signed a deal with the team, but said it was an external party that made the deal with Wiechers.

Tielemans was cornered after this, as his team left him out of this deal. Tielemans said: "It's the team who has a contract with the sponsor. I was kept out of this completely. The team did this so the financial stuff wouldn't influence my racing."

Eventhough the problems with the sponsor aren't solved yet, Tielemans will be at the start in Oschersleben, together with Team Wiechers. "Hans-Dieter Wiechers called me yesterday and said I could drive this weekend at Oschersleben", Tielemans said to TouringCarTimes. "For now, it's only certain that I will drive at Oschersleben, but I hope the problems will be resolved soon, so I can drive the other races as well. However, I don't have any influence on this, because I'm not involved in the financials of the deal".

This new development means that Wiechers Motorsport will enter two cars for their home race at Oschersleben, both driven by Dutch drivers, Olivier Tielemans and Duncan Huisman. :thumb:

( source touringcar times )

• Wido Rossen

Super result for Tom Coronel.
With a 7th and 2th place he scored some well earned points for the championship. :thumb:
And well done Duncan Huisman, who drove fantastic and even showed Olivier Tielemans how to drive.

It was great to see Coronel do so well and have Huisman back (was he only back for 1 race?). If this was a 1 off drive for Huisman, then I hopes he ends up in the 2nd WSR (Team RAC in the BTCC) car in Macau, as they have said they would like to do the ETC Cup with 1 car and send 2 cars to Macau.

I thought it was also great to see Pro-Team running up with the factory cars again in race 2

Tom was so happy yesterday that directly after the race when he returned to the pitlane he jumped on his roof of the car to celebrate this result with his twin brother Tim Coronel and the crew. Result: Big Bump in the roof of the Seat :)

Great result and a great atmosphere in Germany again. By far the best WTCC event of the year!

Still no Zelenov :( :

The Russian Bears Motorsport team will add a third LADA 110 car for the remaining events of the season: Imola, Monza, Okayama and Macau.
The appointed driver is Kirill Ladygin, 30-year old from Ekaterinburg, Russia. Ladygin, who claimed eleven national karting titles and won twice the LADA Cup, in 2004 and 2006, is also LADA Motorsport's official tester and is currently working on the technical development of the WTCC version of the new Priora, that will be raced from 2009.
From Imola and until the end of the season he will join the team's regular drivers Jaap van Lagen and Viktor Shapovalov, who have competed in the WTCC since the Valencia meeting in May.

Next Season a WTCC round in Moscos!

Russian fans and media had their foretaste of FIA WTCC last Monday, when cars and drivers hit Moscow’s Red Square for a photo session. Representatives of the championship visited the Russian capital city to present plans for a Russian race meeting in 2010.
KSO General Manager Marcello Lotti, drivers Rickard Rydell, Alain Menu, James Thompson, Jaap van Lagen, Viktor Shapovolav, Kirill Ladygin and Andrey Romanov, SEAT Sport Director Jaime Puig and N.technology Principal Mauro Sipsz met the President of RAF (Russian National Sporting Authority), top managers of LADA Avtovaz and a large group of media.
“To include Russia in the 2010 calendar is our priority and we are all working for that. The most likely scenario is racing on a street circuit, and we have been presented two or three alternatives, including Moscow. A decision will be taken soon and the plan is to organise in 2009 an international meeting on the track that will be selected,” explained Marcello Lotti.
Viktor Kiryanov, president of RAF said: “We fully support the idea of organising top level motorsport events in Russia. The WTCC, where drivers race cars that are close to those we use each day, will be interesting for motorsport fans and car enthusiasts; furthermore this event will attract attention of manufacturers, investors and media, and enhance the campaigns to raise road safety.”

Source: FIAWTCC.com

Oh let this be true please, a round in Moscow is just what WTCC needs. Big crowds in a big city, awesome news if you ask me!

• Wido Rossen

After the sponsor problems that Tielemans hat he drove again in Oschersleben.
Also Duncan Huisman drove there.
Tielemans as regular driver for Wiechers and Duncan Huisman whas added to that team aswell.
Now with the race in Imola it`s again trouble for Wiechers Motorsport.
Both the dutch drivers have (again) sponsor problems.
With the result that Wiechers Motorsport will not be present at all in Imola.

money money money.........

Special car for Menu

Menu will drive a custom build livery this weekend. In Brno a team of students won a development contest and this is the result (lol, they better could choose a skinner from RD if you ask me :pound:)

20080919-menu-1.jpg

• Wido Rossen

Menu will drive a custom build livery this weekend. In Brno a team of students won a development contest and this is the result (lol, they better could choose a skinner from RD if you ask me :pound:)

20080919-menu-1.jpg

Is that stealth paint ?:pound:

Tom Coronel wasnt very happy with the stupid action from Nicola Larini.

It seems the had a little fight after qualify...

Code:
Coronel des duivels
Van onze autosportmedewerkers 
IMOLA/MONTMELÓ

De normaal zo goedlachse Tom Coronel zorgde direct na afloop van de kwalificatie voor het WTCC in het Italiaanse Imola voor een veelbesproken incident.
Coronel was kwaad op Chevroletcoureur Nicola Larini. 
De gemoederen liepen zo hoog op dat Coronel zijn Italiaanse opponent zelfs te lijf ging. Volgens Coronel had Larini hem in zijn beslissende kwalificatieronde geblokkeerd. 

„Hij liet eerst zijn twee teamgenoten voorbij om vervolgens de deur dicht te gooien en hard te remmen. 
Hij drong mij naar buiten, naast de baan. Hij is een gefrustreerde oud Formule 1coureur die het niet kan hebben dat zijn teamgenoten wedstrijden winnen maar hij niet”, was de duidelijke versie van de kwade Coronel, die door Larini uiteraard niet werd omschreven.

De Italiaan, die al eerder aanvaringen met Coronel heeft gehad, vertelde zich van geen kwaad bewust te zijn. De wedstrijdleiding hoorde zowel Larini als Coronel. „Ik kreeg te horen dat ik niet voor eigen rechter mocht spelen. Maar wat moet ik dan? Hem van de baan rijden? Nicola vertelde dat ik hem heb geslagen maar dat is niet waar, ik heb hem een duw gegeven, meer niet.” 

De wedstrijdleiding besloot Tom Coronel, die nu de kwalificatie slechts als negentiende eindigde, te bestraffen met een boete van vijfhonderd euro. De Italiaan kreeg bij zijn thuisrace geen straf. Pole-position is voor Seat-coureur Rickard Rydell.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/autosport/1976571/__Coronel_des_duivels__.html?p=5,1

http://www.rtl.nl/(channel=service,..._wtcc_zaterdag_imola08.avi_plain.xml/1537.wvx

• Wido Rossen

That Larini needs to retire very quick.
He does to other drivers to.
To bad the FIA isn`t cappeble of making a decent decission these day`s.
And so they keep on punishing the wrong people.

I hope they get what they deserves during the race.

Really really pleased to see Thompson win, what a turn around for the team, I hope that they stay strong for the rest of the year and that Honda agree to get behind them next year now.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%