2008 World Touring Car Championship

Andy Priaulx drives a F1 BMW in Brands Hatch

Reigning World Touring Car Champion Andy Priaulx will return behind the wheel of a Formula One car during the WTCC race at Brands Hatch.
"It is always a highlight for me to race in front of my home crowd and I'm looking forward to giving the fans something to cheer about, both in the WTCC races and the F1 car," said Priaulx who will drive the BMW Sauber F1 car during two sessions: on Saturday at 14.00 and on Sunday at 15.00.
"This is an amazing time for the BMW Sauber F1 Team and to have the chance to show the fans an F1 car at Brands Hatch is a real treat for me and them. The noise will be phenomenal and it promises to be a real spectacle," added the triple World Champion.
Priaulx last tested a Formula One car in 2005 when BMW co-operated with the Williams F1-team.

FIA WTCC

The gamepark was a busy place today during public hours, they're going to be busy tomorrow.

It was great meeting you all too, Jamie, Gareth, Daniel, Maurice, Yoeri & didn't get to say hello to Jarrod you always looked a bit busy. And now I'll be back tomorrow, this time with sunglasses & a hat as I'm now have a red face.

Two very fast screencaps from the 1080p stuff I shot today (not full 1080p framecaps because I don't have time right now to sort out the pixel aspect ratio stuff so this is just a screenshot from Premiere for now)

gamepark.jpg

(RDers pictured: Daniel Pettit, standing behind #11, Simon Trendell driving at #9, and Gareth Hickling on the right) [Terry Harmer driving #1 just out of shot]

f1car.jpg

Priaulx in a F1.2006, which sounded like this (click)

Why do I always look like a murderer in pictures, honest I'm not :)

The sound of the BMW is amazing, but you can actually feel the sound go right though you. And that was just one, can't imagine what 20 of them feels like.

• Wido Rossen

Tielemans with sponsor problems

The Wiechers-Sport team, who usually run Tielemans' BMW 320si, decided to cancel their participation due to sponsor problems.

"The driver's main sponsor did not meet payments as was provided by the agreement. Therefore we have been obliged to stop and await until the problem is settled. We are confident that this will happen soon, so that we may rejoin for our home race meeting in Oschersleben at the end of August," team manager Dominik Greiner declared.

As for Liqui-Moly Team Engstler's driver Andrey Romanov he has been sidelined as he failed to obtain in due time the visa required to Russian citizens for travelling to the United Kingdom.

Romanov will rejoin the championship at Oschersleben where he has won a round of the German Procar Championship earlier this season.

• Stirb Iuliu

Does anyone know where can I watch the replays of the Brands Hatch event?

Thank you.

• Wido Rossen

Second Honda for Yukinori Taniquchi

N-Technology will bring a second Honda Accord for the World Touring Car Championship races at Monza, Italy, and Okayama, Japan. The Japanese driver Yukinori Taniquchi will join James Thompson in a second Honda Accord.
"We have been looking into running a second car for some time," said N.Technology Team Manager Andrea Muller.

"It had to be right however, and we believe Yuke will be a worthwhile addition to the team. His experience at Okayama, where he finished first last year in the Japan Le Mans Challenge, will be extremely valuable to us."

The Hiroshima-born Taniguchi will make his first test for the team at the Adria-track in Italy on September 24-25th before making his WTCC-debut the following week at Monza.

The JAS team, that is co-operating with N-Technology, Managin Director Alessandro Mariani is pleased over the second car.

"The Honda Accord has raced in the WTCC since the Championship started and finally, for 2008, there is a Japanese race. The only thing left missing was a Japanese driver and so we all are very pleased that Yuke will be part of this project in Monza and in Okayama. This is a great opportunity for us."

( Source Touringcar Times )

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 29 31.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • At a friends house