2009 British Touring Car Championship

Has Plato managed to put together a deal for this race?

I agree the Vauxhall's looked very slow down the Brabham straight last round, BMWs were hellish quick, the Chevy had POWERRRRR!!

Donington BTCC in doubt

It still looks doubtful that the shambles they like to call Donnington will have its licence by the time BTCC visits there in 5 weeks. If not where do you think the round will be held because if they take the championship down to 9 rounds then it will mess it up big time. Also Britcar and the MSVR races have been cancelled at Donnington yet they're still selling tickets for it.

I'm sure it will still go ahead. They ran a Historic event there last weekend(was a bit of a shambles though) as where they are doing the new tunnel all of that section was yellow flagged so you weren't able to pass anyone at all(not even backmarkers)

Whats the point of it if half the track is gonna be yellow flagged! might not bother going! could be a waste of a journey for a few corners and a load of yellow flags!

i wouldnt waste my money because i would think there will only be a few places to view from and its gonna be more of a building site than a race track.

i was there 3 weeks ago to book tickets and there was a test session on so i had a nosy around the track.
The tunnel between McLeans and Coppice was almost complete, they`ve just got to extend it back so they can rebuild the service road.
that gives then 8 weeks from when i was there and if they cant get that done in that time they want shooting, i`ve spent years working with reinforced concrete :wink2:
the only reason i can see for them to yellow flag that section is that they dont have access to the service road and i hope that if they dont get it finished then they should back fill the hole as it would be complete loonasy to run the event with restricted over taking.
i only live a few miles away so will be popping down and give em a kick up the arse if needed :giggle:

James Thompson back where he belongs!!!

James Thompson has just been announced as replacing Gordon Shedden at Team Dynamics for the rest of the 2009 BTCC season. Also Shedden may return in a 3rd Dynamics Civic later in the season. :dance2:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 0.8%