2009 British Touring Car Championship

Wow, great stuff!

I didnt catch Race One but Two and Three were great! Especially Collard and Turkington on the final lap of Race Two. I dont think Jonny Adam's pass for the lead on Plato was legit, but Plato held it sooo well!

Was there and to be honest it was amazing! The Atmosphere at paddock was brilliant! and the racing was great especially 3rd BTCC Race!

EDIT: Plato's Catch of that punt my ADAM was ******* amazing! couldn't believe my eyes when he came out the other side in a straight line!!!

I was there, didnt use my grandstand tickets at all, just uploading some of my photo's now. Sat inside druids all day, best touring car racing ive seen for some time, it was pretty spread out but they were spread out in groups so it was still very close and very entertaining. I was also for the first time ever shouting and cheering on Jason Plato (the 5th gear presenter in the top gear reasonably priced car). Great to see him actually working hard for something and i think he has done enough to secure a seat for the rest of 2009.

Adam didnt deserve that race 3 victory, watch the footage back he goes for the outside way too late and i think the thing that sealed his fate was the fact he actually hit Plato so hard that it lifted his rear wheels off the ground

I personally think Plato braked unusually early for Paddock,either not too confident in his Chevy,or to unsettle Adam,it was a bad shunt though that was held brilliantly by Plato......so Adam also gets 1 month RD ban for not letting Plato back past him again? :p.

The most baffling decision of the day for me was the Freke/Breeze incident in the G50's,Breeze chopped the front of Freke's car clean off when he squeezed over too late to block a run Freke was having on him,then a couple of laps later Freke retook the lead at Druids when Breeze again blocked and brake checked him on the entry,i hope our domestic series officials dont suddenly feel the need to interfere with every move that goes on.
The G50's were amazing though,i look forward to driving a good quality mod of those :good:.

Genius save through Paddock from Plato, but what I thought was even more impressive was the sweep back past Neal into Paddock on lap 24.

Adam would have won, he just needed to be more patient, Plato's car was so slow through Paddock.

EDIT: Great quote from Plato: 'My wife was giving me a sex ban if I didn't win'

BTCC 2009 - Round 2: Thruxton

circuit_4_st.gif

Sunday April 26th 2009. Discuss round 2 here.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%