2009 British Touring Car Championship

Clyde Valley Racing is no more according to a post on the BTCC forum:

Cartridge World is delighted to confirm that Cartridge World Carbon Zero Racing will endeavour to line up on the grid for the final three weekends of the 2009 HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC), despite the withdrawal of Team CVR (Clyde Valley Racing), the original outfit behind the carbon-zero racing team.

Cartridge World and team driver Adam Jones are working together, with the aim that Adam will race independently for Cartridge World Carbon Zero Racing, driving his yellow-liveried SEAT Leon at Silverstone, Rockingham and Brands Hatch.

CVR has been a joke from the start and if im thinking correctly it will be mostly GR Asia behind this AJ entry because they still own Adam's car that he's been running all season.

I thought it was a shame GR-Asia had no presence on the grid this year other than Paul Ridgeway helping Liam McMillan.

It would be good to have them back for the last 3 races and then a full season next year (maybe with a 2 car team with Coronel next year seeing as his sponsor is short on cash so he may not be WTCCing next year)

and whats happened to Mcmillan, he didnt compete at Croft or Snetterton due to engine trouble's with Seat taking back the engines and not letting them have any more, then when it came to Knockhill, Liam Mcmillan was on holiday. Shame because it was good seeing that old Toledo out there. Also i was hoping to see Jason Hughes out there but it hasnt happened.

and whats happened to Mcmillan, he didnt compete at Croft or Snetterton due to engine trouble's with Seat taking back the engines and not letting them have any more, then when it came to Knockhill, Liam Mcmillan was on holiday. Shame because it was good seeing that old Toledo out there. Also i was hoping to see Jason Hughes out there but it hasnt happened.

At least one MG is due out for Brands Hatch, although he is hoping to do Rockingham as well. Hopefully it will happen.

Will be good to see, seems the "Good guys of BTCC" (the true independants) are starting to wear a bit thin with all these big independant teams there like WSR, Motorbase and Team Dynamics. Techspeed are starting to become a very strong running team aswell, will be interesting to see what they can do if they carry on with newer cars next year.

Well Anthony Ried didnt take long to show he's a complete moron still, took out Onslow Cole in race 1 which ended in a very high speed impact with the tyre wall.

VXRacing's last 2 meetings

I as a huge VXRacing fan am now thinking about things like

who will win Vauxhall / VXRacing's last race in BTCC

when will their last win in BTCC be?

will 2008 be the last title they ever win?

I will make sure that im at the final round at Brands because it will be the end of an era in BTCC. One of the most dominant brands in BTCC is leaving and i for one will be very sad to see that happen. Its also looking increasingly likely that 888 won't be on the grid next year either which potentially means loosing Giovanardi, who is probably the best touring car driver there has been in the modern era winning 9 title's (maybe 10, keeping fingers crossed) and the BTCC just wont be the same.

Well it was a typical Reidy comeback - it took less than 3 laps to start racking up the penalty points on his license :silly: :silly:

It was a shame as he then had the rain to deal with in race 2, but race 3 was definitely promising - ok he finished 12th but he managed a clean move (well they both finished so it must have been relatively clean) on Matt Neal on the last lap.

I think we are in for a great last 2 final rounds, and I have to say Gio and Turks raced very well together in race 3, I think Turks had a problem as there is no way Motorbase were that much faster with Collard.

Looking at it - we may have more cars out at the next race if you consider we may see Mac Millan and Hughes, there's been that rumour on Matt Hamilton, Adam Jones is looking at coming back (he also implied that him not being at Knockhill was down to CVR having no money rather than car trouble), we may have Shedden back if they can work something out and Kane is 50/50 about being in a third Motorbase BMW

Will be nice to see Kane back out there, he can come back and show Collard and Adam how to really drive that BMW, because he was way better than Collard last season.

Jason Plato must have won the most races this season now, which makes it even more confusing that he's not in the title hunt.

Will be nice to see Kane back out there, he can come back and show Collard and Adam how to really drive that BMW, because he was way better than Collard last season.

Jason Plato must have won the most races this season now, which makes it even more confusing that he's not in the title hunt.

I've beena bit disappointed with Airwaves - they have done well, but I was expecting more really - considering the extra budget this year and they seem to have links with Schnitzer where as WSR seem to be going it alone until BMW helped get Reid out in the third car

I think the wins are:

Turkington: 6
Giovanardi: 5
Jackson: 4
Plato: 3
Thompson: 3
Collard: 2
Neal: 1

But that's just from what I can remember. I know Turks and Gio are definately right

yes will be a shame to lose VXR and 888, I too have vauxhall at heart (Dad used to work for AC Delco - part of the GM group).

I think we may have seen the last VX win with those chevys now setting the pace, especially if they don't sort out that top end speed.

2008 the last season? i hope not. i hope that there will be a return from the manufacturers and battle will recommence.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%