14. Alexandre Premat Audi +1 lap
15. Mike Rockenfeller Audi +1 lap

Retirements

Martin Tomczyk Audi 29 laps
Tom Kristensen Audi 27 laps
Katherine Legge Audi 25 laps
Maro Engel Mercedes 25 laps

Fastest lap, Tomcyzk 1:24.484 on lap 25

Bernd Schneider is set to retire at the end of the year. Autosport understand that he will move into a ambassadoral role with mercedes at the end of the year and Gary paffet is the favourite to step up into his seat

Hopefully everyone turns up for some great DTM racing, not just because Hamilton is there...

Having not seen DTM 'live' before, sure the 'Lewis factor' was a big draw in going. Looking forward to it, my only reservation is the use of the Indy circuit. BH GP circuit is still superb, don't see why it's not fully utililised. Still trying to haggle time off for the BTCC weekend:wink:

Having not seen DTM 'live' before, sure the 'Lewis factor' was a big draw in going. Looking forward to it, my only reservation is the use of the Indy circuit. BH GP circuit is still superb, don't see why it's not fully utililised. Still trying to haggle time off for the BTCC weekend:wink:

In some ways the Indy circuit is better as you can see the cars for more of the lap and for more laps in the race - personally i prefer them to use the full circuit though as its great to watch from around the back half of the track.

DTM Brands Hatch

Just got back from this meeting today. Fantastic racing, the loudest grid I've ever heard and a few demo laps from Lewis Hamilton in his F1 car. Had excellent seats in the Pit Straight Grandstand (opposite the start/finish line) where I could see almost everything on track. I've posted links to a few pics I took for anyone interested and hope to follow with a couple of videos of the DTM start and Lewis Hamilton (when I've tidied them up.)

DTM
Slideshow of DTM BH 310808 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lewis Hamilton
Slideshow of BH 310808 Lewis Hamilton - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Classic Mercs on display (The £1,000,000 traffic jam!)
Slideshow of Merc Classics 310808 BH - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Other (VW Polo Cup, Pick Up Truck and Formula Palmer Audi)
Slideshow of BH 310808 Other Stuff - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Simon.

A promised, a couple of short video clips from yesterday (apologies for the camera work, still trying to get used to my new camera and Lewis' car travels bloody fast!:becky:) Still partially deaf in one ear but looking forward to the BTCC meeting in 3 weeks. Hope to get some more photos then.:thumb: PS Edited my original post to show much more user friendly slideshows.

Simon.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJzXuaF0FJY[/media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbyTkAVSSqY[/media]

• Chris Noble

Hehe yeah I went to Brands Hatch this year, but was sat on Paddock Hill bend grandstand which gave a good look over the track and a big screen in front of us :)

They were so noisy! the F1 car was even crazier! he musty have been hitting the limiter or something, but it was doign a good job of making my stomach rumble it was that loud!

Couldnt hear the commentary during the race which was ashame, but got to see all the racing!

Shame Di Resta could not catch Timo :( but still a strong 2nd place :)

• Chris Noble

Round 11: Le Mans

Anyway, Brilliant race at Le Man last weekend with the weather creating a ton of unpredictability.

Paul Di Resta went into the race 7 points behind Timo Schider.

Paul got a very bad start which it turns out he was on wets while most others including Timo had slicks on. So he went backwards to 10th place. (he qualified in front of Timo)

However after he had two pit stops (1 unscheduled) get got back on the ball and left it very late for his final conpulsory pit stop to put wets on when the rain came down! everyone else nearly including Timo had slicks on!

So he went out and passed a ton of cars and eventually passed Timo who had no answer. Burnt Schider also had a very good battle with Timo getting past him eventually (although Timo cut a chicane and got away with it!)

Paul Di Resta finished 2nd and Timo 7th I think with Paul 2 points behind Timo in the championship.

Final race at Hockinhiem in 2 weeks time! Hope Paul does it! Only his 2nd year of DTM.

• Wido Rossen

Ekström takes final pole in 2008

Mattias Ekström secured the final pole position of the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters 2008. The title competitors are right behind.
"It is always nice to take a pole! The pressure is on, but the fight for the championship is important, I will focus on that in the start," said Ekström.

The fight for the championship stands between Paul di Resta and Timo Scheider. Ekström took pole with the time 1:32.244, only 0.040 seconds ahead of di Resta.

"I am looking forward to tomorrow. It will be a long race and anything can happen, but I am not sure that we will have any kind of advantage in the race," said di Resta.

Scheider will start third a further 0.248 seconds behind.
"Third place is okay. We will have to stay cool tomorrow. The race will be very interesting as we are so close to Paul," said Scheider.

Jamie Green took fourth place ahead of the retiring Bernd Schneider in fifth.
"I made a mess of my last qualifying lap ever. Looking at the split times before my mistake, I could have been second," said Schneider.

Bruno Spengler qualified sixth ahead of Martin Tomczyk, who had dominated the practice sessions. Tom Kristensen took eigth place ahead of Mike Rockenfeller and Oliver Jarvis.

( source Touringcar Times )

dtm1.jpg

dtm2.jpg

Superb start form Scheider and he managed to keep the lead all the way to the finish line. Di Resta could not really keep up with the pace and his team made a poor pit stop decision as well imo. Some dodgy manouvres here and there but overall great race.

• Wido Rossen

All news regarding the 2009 season in here please.

2009 calendar

The dates and locations for the races have been published..
This is the new list they put up on their site..

17. Mai Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (D)
31. Mai EuroSpeedway Lausitz (D)
28. Juni Norisring (D)
19. Juli Circuit Park Zandvoort (NL)
02. August Motorsport Arena Oschersleben (D)
16. August Nürburgring (D)
06. SeptemberBrands Hatch (GB)
20. SeptemberCircuit de Catalunya, Barcelona (E)
11. Oktober Dijon (F)
25. Oktober Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (D)

For some reason the DTM calendar doesnt appeal to me anymore. I dont find those tracks very challenging compared to what they used to be driving in the past on those old german airstrip tracks :) Although Mugello should be a nice one!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 56 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 38 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%