2009 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jari: thx once again, well done!

@jay: as can be seen clearly, it was you i turned in t1 lap2, apologies again, glad it was early on so you still could catch up.

@maurice: yeah, sorry mate, no blue flags at all, for all I knew you were lap down, since timing showed me the nearest contender was 12 secs away but you were right behind me, bit confusing. glad it didn't mess your race.

@maurice: yeah, sorry mate, no blue flags at all, for all I knew you were lap down, since timing showed me the nearest contender was 12 secs away but you were right behind me, bit confusing. glad it didn't mess your race.

I thought that out after 1 lap, no worries. You left me no space at all to make a safe pass (no room anyway on this track :)), so all i could do is stay behind and wait, cause WTCC cars still don't have a stealth button when you need to lap :skywalker:

For my usual fine (much appreciated) direct race contenders I’ve to say that today clearly luck wasn’t on their side, far from it… Don’t despair, any ½ brained individual can see we are in reality fighting for the 3rd place overall in this championship as 1st and 2nd, deservedly, should lie somewhere else. I won’t be here for the next race… so you guys have a free one to get back on me, use it. So we have another like Brands or Starup when I get back in Mantorp.

Joao you are too modest. Your 3rd place in championship is completely deserved.
I am maybe fast on a lap (and still not on everything tracks and especially not without training) but I am far from having your regularity during the race. And it is especially this last quality which makes the difference for the classification of the championship.
On the other hand it is really a pity that you cannot make the next event, I hide you not that I am going to take advantage of it to try to catch up my delay (there is which push behind me :p ).
The last event will be decisive for the attribution of the 3,4 and 5 places.

OK, no bowl for me, I had an accident of motorcycle this morning (a woman who do not know that it is necessary not to restart one stop when somebody come, or then to make the effort to look to the right and to the left).
The motorcycle is broken, but I have was able to anticipate the shock (I saw when it relaunched that she considered the child who was on the back seat) and avoid making me crush the leg.
On the other hand the fall left me a big muscular pain in the left hand, I am not certain to be fit to drive for the race of Sunday.
Even if I succeed in making the race on Sunday, I would not be in best of my shape.
In fine check it is no luck but it is the life.

Hope we have a damp cool track for this one or maybe even rain, did a few laps the other night on a hot track (42.9) and my front tyres had just under 20% wear after only 6 laps, so it could be a very tricky one for tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 296 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 239 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 156 18.4%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.9%