2009 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
phew!

i found final 2 turns were a struggle with <70% which then compromised the rest of the lap.. plus hitting any bumps before t6 the tyres were demanding a lift or would throw you into the kitty litter.

• Frank Herfjord

so what times are you guys doing? I'm at 1.49,6 in time trial and am pretty happy with that. My best race setup time is a second slower than that. But somebody in the saturday thread said they were doing 42,6. It IS Zandvoort 2007, right?!?

hopefully you'll not get punted into the rear of my car at the start of the race this time philip :skywalker:

Was that you Keith? I'm sorry about that. It was a strange one too! In the replay I get hit around the rear left door and get launched in your direction!!

Hopefully if there are any first corner incidents I wont be in the middle of them and I hope for your sake it's a safe one for you as well:).

OK, no bowl for me, I had an accident of motorcycle this morning (a woman who do not know that it is necessary not to restart one stop when somebody come, or then to make the effort to look to the right and to the left).
The motorcycle is broken, but I have was able to anticipate the shock (I saw when it relaunched that she considered the child who was on the back seat) and avoid making me crush the leg.
On the other hand the fall left me a big muscular pain in the left hand, I am not certain to be fit to drive for the race of Sunday.
Even if I succeed in making the race on Sunday, I would not be in best of my shape.
In fine check it is no luck but it is the life.

Sorry to here Gaeten and Hope you get better soon.....:sad:

so what times are you guys doing? I'm at 1.49,6 in time trial and am pretty happy with that. My best race setup time is a second slower than that. But somebody in the saturday thread said they were doing 42,6. It IS Zandvoort 2007, right?!?

42,6 it's impossible (in WTCC or STCC)! Look in the GPCOS, the faster in WTCC class is Greger Huttu (1'46"7xx in quali or race condition). Into the chrono online you can see Bastien Bartsh (vice world champion V-WTCC) in 1'46"3xx.

RDTCC 2009 - Race Grid - Round 6

The total grid will no longer be posted. Each driver maintains the startnumber he has on the Entry List

Mutations and Absences will be shown here:

Saturday Cup
  • Marc Good
  • Keith Peppiatt
  • Bob Miley
  • Ries Notenboom
  • Nuno Areias
  • Bram Hengeveld
  • Manuel Spierenburg
  • Hansi Josefsson
  • Ross Balfour
  • Christophe Berton
  • Stephane Leclercq

Sunday Cup
  • Florian Goubaud
  • Stefan Werner
  • João Andias
  • Johan Top
  • Torbjorn Lennartsson
  • Keith Barrick
  • Gaetan Legastelois
Explanation
  • Absent
  • Uncertain

I`m gona really struggle here, have never been able to drive this track that well. Done quite a bit of practice but I fear the best I can hope for is to finish the race.

My right hand and my feet left less hurt me.
I made some test and I arrive to drive on one hand, but I have no more access to the commands for the right and left look
I would like to know if I am authorized to run all the same in these conditions (I promises to pay attention, but if admins judges that this is too risky I would understand).

A small question, if I am authorized has to run, is the automatic gearbox authorized during the event?

I hope that you will not see objection in the fact that I can run, I would really like very much making this race.
Thank you

My right hand and my feet left less hurt me.
I made some test and I arrive to drive on one hand, but I have no more access to the commands for the right and left look
I would like to know if I am authorized to run all the same in these conditions (I promises to pay attention, but if admins judges that this is too risky I would understand).

A small question, if I am authorized has to run, is the automatic gearbox authorized during the event?

I hope that you will not see objection in the fact that I can run, I would really like very much making this race.
Thank you

I think that's not up to the race staff, but to your own common sence, Gaetan. If you think you can race safely in these physical conditions, just join us, but if you think you can't do that, then it maybe would be safer to keep out of the race tommorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 282 34.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 229 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 150 18.4%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.1%