2010 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a fun race, and an interesting ending to the season. Petrov performed nicely, as did Kubica. Wasn't hoping anyone in particular would win, just hoped to see an interesting race. =)

That's a very interesting point of view, Webber lose because is just a very poor driver, if it wasnt the Red bull car he even would in position to win the WC.

And Alonso lose because his/Ferrari options not the Red Bull ones.

As I said Ferrari lost the championship themselves, in first place because the car, they were hitting the rev limiter in 7th so as you could see Petrov was going faster than Alonso in straights even with the slipstream.

But Webber always was the weird strategy guy, when he had normal races he always performed well except in Korea, he had all the team against him (when Vettel crashed him and when the wing comedia) and still he was ahead of Vettel before this last race. I have the feeling that with team's support he would arrive as champion to this last GP if not more... but sadly the team didn't wanted the same.

I am a ferrari fan.. but there is no way on earth could they blame petrov.. petrov just drove clean and make sure he keeps position.. freaking awesome drive from him, there wasnt even a moment where it looked like alonso was gonna overtake..

As I said Ferrari lost the championship themselves, in first place because the car, they were hitting the rev limiter in 7th so as you could see Petrov was going faster than Alonso in straights even with the slipstream.

But Webber always was the weird strategy guy, when he had normal races he always performed well except in Korea, he had all the team against him (when Vettel crashed him and when the wing comedia) and still he was ahead of Vettel before this last race. I have the feeling that with team's support he would arrive as champion to this last GP if not more... but sadly the team didn't wanted the same.

I see your point, if Red Bull supports him like Ferrari did to Alonso and let him win in Brasil, today Alonso would be champion.

even if he had passed petrov.. i believe he wouldn't have got anywhere.. there was rosberg and kubica.. and by the way the ferrari performed.. tat wasnt on the cards.. but yes, it so weird that seeing webber pit.. ferrari decided to bring in alonso and slam and throw the chances out of the winning the WDC..
dont even know why were are talking abt other drivers..
MAN OF THE MOMENT IS VETTEL... deserved it..

To me, the facts are:

1.- RED BULL made 15 of 19 poles... it is really a bad management to reach last race not being first on standings. Well they would have been, but it was the wrong guy (Webber) so decided to make it really complicated until the end in order to make Vettel champion, and wow that was close. But they made the best car and possibly it is deserved.

2.- FERRARI racing staff is a band, they should go one year to a karting championship in order to learn. They destroyed Alonso´s race with this pit stop. Wasn´t it clear enough that Webber was not an oponent for the title when he pitted out behind Rosberg and Petrov? Really poor performance by Ferrari.

3.- MASSA is reeeeaaally slow, or at least he is a show of what the Ferrari car is. When Webber made his stop Massa was really close behind him, so one lap later, with Webber lossing time with Algersuari on track, they called Massa on pits, in order of overtake him and having Webber under control.... and then both Webber and Alguesuari overtook Massa with a big gap. LOL

3.- ALONSO put the Ferrari on a place that was not real, as possibly the Ferrari has been worse than the McLaren and Red Bull during the whole seasson.

4.- ALONSO on PETROV... in my eyes, Petrov did nothing wrong, but cmon! Alonso was possibly very sad, hot and dissapointed after the race and he found someone to blame. After the race he said that Petrov was more focused on closing the door than in racing... So guys, stop the crucifixation please, try to put yourselves in his skin for some seconds. Some of you still very hipocrital.

I was so happy for Vettel althought I thought I wouldn't be. Great stuff by him. Alonso was ordered to put his skills under good use but nothing happened. But I can't belive that Webber "cracket under presure". I was so looking forward to see him fighting with Alonso but he never game it a go.
As an amateur kart racer you are, you should know that when your engine is not as good as the one infront of you, you can be Ayrton Senna, because you will do nothing still... ah, I see. You know nothing about aerodynamics and the downforce stuff, do you? About Webber, it was his team preassure who set him out of the champ fight some races ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%