2010 V8 Supercars

having watched touring cars in Aus my whole life I now find it particulary boring, not sure if im tired of the Ford vs Holden thing

I can tell you I certainly am. :(

Holden, Ford and no-one else has proven to b a successful formula since the series started, but as an Aussie myself I want more variety in our national series. After driving the wheels off Touring Car Legends for rFactor, and seeing just how many different brands and cars were racing together back in the days before I came into the world, I'm finding modern V8 Supercar racing a little lacking. I mean, you either have one, or the other... you can't be a Nissan, Rover or BMW person anymore. I don't know whether I'm alone in this or not, but it'd be nice to not be part of a side, and have some middle ground for once.
But you need to make the most of the current situation - for my alliegance, you need to look no further than my avatar... :D

I can't believe Bigpond can't even get it fully correct.

They announced earlier that Jack Perkins was heading to Lucas Dumbrell, but obviously that was just rumours.

Never know.. It could be Schumacker. He seems to want to pop up in to any race series he can!!!!

This is the year I lose all interest in V8 Supercars. I've followed them all my life, but this year is just ridiculous. If Holden needs to buy the most successful Ford team to return to their dominance instead of stepping up their existing teams, then I don't care.

I never thought I'd say this, but there needs to be another manufacturer let in.

Oh yeah, and freaking Yas Marina replacing Adelaide as the opening round?

Holden did not buy Triple Eight. Ford withdrew factory backing for all teams aside from Stone Brothers and FPR. Therefore Triple Eight jumped ship. It is Ford's own fault.

But Yas Marina replacing Adelaide as the opening round is bull****.

With the rule change for enduros I think HRT are best set up. They can obviously call on Skaifey and Baird.

Triple Eight are a bit uncertain, but I think if I were a team owner I'd be beating a path for Besnard, Ritter and Simonsen's doors.

Besnard and Ritter have been signed to GRM for the enduros. Would be good to see Lowndesy and Skaife together again.

V8 Supercar team boss Garry Rogers has confirmed his endurance drivers for 2010.

Rogers told Speedcafe.com.au that David Besnard and Greg Ritter will return to his Holden team this year for the L&H 500 (Phillip Island) and the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.

Besnard and Ritter will partner primary GRM drivers Lee Holdsworth and Michael Caruso.

The signing of Besnard and Ritter to GRM ensures the squad of two fast and experienced men to partner Holdsworth and Caruso, which will never be more important, considering the new V8 Supercar rule that prohibits primary drivers from competing in the same entry at the September/October V8 enduros.

At Bathurst last year, Holdsworth and Caruso finished third, while Besnard and Ritter came home ninth (although that result could have been better for them – the pair led the race until an ill-timed Safety Car late in the race).

Rogers told Speedcafe today that having two tried and trusted endurance drivers locked away is a huge bonus for his team.

“We’ve already got Ritter and Besnard locked away,” he confirmed.

“They did a pretty special job for us last year, and I think as a team, we did a great job for them too, and they recognise that.

“They’ve both been around for various other teams and dealt with other people and I think they realise what we as a team are able to do.”

The ‘split’ endurance driver rule has caused a stir in the V8 industry and amongst fans. Rogers says that he will play by whatever rules are given to him.

“I don’t have a problem with the new rule,” he said.

“I think it will probably encourage better racing. I suppose it depends on the calibre of the other drivers that come along, but I think you’d have to say that there’ll be more cars in there with a chance of winning and making the top 10. It will make both the races more competitive.

“I know there are downsides for teams that have coupled up together, but either way, I don’t mind. I’ll race whatever the rules are.”

Garry Rogers Motorsport will feature a new look in 2010, having secured major sponsorship from Fujitsu General.

I can tell you I certainly am. :(

Holden, Ford and no-one else has proven to b a successful formula since the series started, but as an Aussie myself I want more variety in our national series. After driving the wheels off Touring Car Legends for rFactor, and seeing just how many different brands and cars were racing together back in the days before I came into the world, I'm finding modern V8 Supercar racing a little lacking. I mean, you either have one, or the other... you can't be a Nissan, Rover or BMW person anymore. I don't know whether I'm alone in this or not, but it'd be nice to not be part of a side, and have some middle ground for once.
But you need to make the most of the current situation - for my alliegance, you need to look no further than my avatar... :D

lol, and im nearly to young not remember either (29)

some of my best memories of Bathurst was watching group a + b + c all racing together, little suzuki swifts getting blown past by skylines down conrod, bimmers battling with a commy through the the cutting, and gave some decent results aswell! GTP is good in aus these days, TV coverage is shocking and haphazard at best :(

I aslo fly the red flag, and have tucked away in my garage my brocky signed clubby, (who would of thought he would come to your campsite and sign it! :D) great times

TeamVodafone_Holden-A3.jpg
With reigning team champions Team Vodafone defecting to Holden for the 2010 V8 Supercar season, the motorsport boss of the Red tribe has high hopes for the season ahead.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
With just under a full two thirds of the field running Holden Commodores this year, Simon McNamara wants to rub Ford's face in the dirt; in an action completely opposite to the blue oval's axing of two teams from its factory lineup last season, Holden has expanded the scope of its official involvement, adding Tom Walkinshaw Racing as well as Team Vodafone to its stable.

McNamara was quoted on the official V8 Supercar website as saying that Ford "dropped the ball," and he "can't see them winning anything in 2010". With Team Vodafone's engineering prowess, the services of Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup, and the 18th of February looming on the horizon, this is looking increasingly likely.

Full story here

Ryan Callan;464516 said:
Holden did not buy Triple Eight. Ford withdrew factory backing for all teams aside from Stone Brothers and FPR. Therefore Triple Eight jumped ship. It is Ford's own fault.

But Yas Marina replacing Adelaide as the opening round is bull****.

Holden did buy. They cut money from Kelly Racing as well as a few others to fund Triple Eight to come across, sure Ford funding cuts didn't help but it's widely known across the pits that Holden pay Triple Eight and HSV more money.

Of course Holden will be paying Triple Eight, else why would they move? But to accuse Holden of 'buying' Triple Eight without taking in to account Ford's funding cuts would be unfair.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 30 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%