2011/1 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys i can't race tonight cause my pc is still broken and my attemps to revive didn't succeed :( . My old laptop can't manage to keep up to the requirements of race 07... Hope to have it all working for next race.

had a hard first race. i do some good fight's but spin much times. i get a stop and go penalty on the last lap because a driver behind of me push me very littel and i have cut the turn. and finish 22nd

hope can do in Long Beach a better result and see you all there :)

That was some fun racing tonight.

Q: 4th. Quite happy with that

Race 1: First laps followed Hugo and was followed by Diogo. After some laps i started to gain to Hugo. And a very nice battle begun.
Got abit more pace but couldnt overtake Hugo. Great defending. Was pushing abit to hard so went abit wide in a corner. So Diogo got my place and then he started to attack Hugo. In the meantime we started to lose so time to the guys behind us. Towards the end Diogo got Hugo and i could follow him a lap later. Last laps i just followed Diogo to 4th.

Race 2: Even more fun. Great battle with a big group and again was abit stuck behind Hugo. Could make a early move on him but Jesper sneaked also through. Then it settled down abit and Jesper, Miguel and me started to close the gap to number 1 and 2. Matthias and Ariel.
Got one place when James went wide. Then Ariel and Matthias had a collision in the hairpin and i just managed to sneak through to P2.
Rest of the race tried to stay close to Jesper and managed to gap to Miguel.
Overall some nice racing on a hard track in difficult conditions. Cya guys in the sun at Long Beach. ;)

Qualy: 22nd (i Think)

Race: Well this 2 races of today were my worst that I had in RD, I was way off my expected lap time target and made too many mistakes in both races. Race two got a puncture after I lost control , but I was in the last few positions

quali: 25th of 25, not happy with that, I just never got the breakpoint after the long straight right, the only time I did I was 1.3 secs up in second split but went wide in third to last turn ...

race1 Artur was in 24 and unfortunately messed up the last turn of the out lap so we were a little behind the field; as the race progressed I managed to pick up some positions from players going wide and managed to put in consistent (read: slow :) ) laptimes, ended in 20 of 23 because Jay managed to slip by in the very last turn after I had heroically held him off for a whole lap, great move by him.

race2 pity many players left after race1 so we were down to 21 players with me in 20 on grid. Bruno slipped past easily in the first or second lap and from then on I was in last but managed to keep the gap to Bruno at a steady 7 secs. He pitted in lap 10 and I gained one position only to see him chop off 3 secs every lap after the pit, boy he must have been mad :) Finished in 20 of 21, 12 secs down to Georgios and 12 secs ahead of Bruno. Overall I only lost 2-3 secs each race to small mistakes so I was quite happy not to be lapped and bringing the Audi safely home twice.
I am afraid we will lose some of the other people at the end of the grid which is too bad because fighting for 23 to me is just as much fun as fighting for 6 or 15. Stay with us, guys!

Started training in the afternoon and first the Beemer was simply undriveable, specially for more then 10 laps. So i was already on :tongue: for the race. But then looked around and found a quite good rain setup from Ramon van Rijn for the wet, so big thanks to him. It was from begin 1 sec faster and much more stable. With some personelly tweaks i managed a 41.2 in qualy which was a really, really good lap so that 12th was a success even it was very close in front of me.
Race 1 i wanted first stay at Matthias at look what happen. First not much but then an incident of Jay and Dubravko gaved me two positions. This means a top ten result, unfortunatly a tap later from Erling resulting in a spin cost me 3 places and time which i had need to the end. There it went again very hard to stay on track. Finished finally 12th with about 20% :frown: tyres in the rear.

Race 2 went more or less similar. I could pass Reggie and then i pushed every lap to stay in the near of the group in front of me which reached till 3rd position. For that i gived already all and due fights i really could profite and won two places again to P9. But from this i had again only defend on worner and worner tyres. I saw already a top 10 result coming but with 2 laps to go a stupid mistake let me lost 2 positions. Also last lap then had hard to defend against Jay to keep at least again P12.

Overall i´m satisfied with the result :) cause i was lesser then 2 sec away from the top in qualy and could hold more or less the pace and kept my position from qualy also in race but that i´m the onliest BMW beside Bruno and league newbie Zeynel i think says all, specially if i hear which tyre wear have other cars to the end of race, but true my own mistake.

Thanks everybody for the nice racing and the fair driving around me, that with Erling can happen. Due he waited it it was ok and the pass afterwards was much better racing, like this it´s fun. So, till Long Beach guys.

Hard but fair nights racing. Never raced here before and learn the track on friday and struggled to find any sort of set up that worked. Quali 16th so wasnt in a good shape for the race. I knew that the only thing would get me up the field is mistake free laps. Managed to finish 9th 1st race and 15th race 2. Really enjoyed the racing along the way and the fights right to the line. Grats to the podium finishers

Thanks to Ivo, RD and every 1 for the good racing

Really enjoyed the racing along the way and the fights right to the line. Grats to the podium finishers

Thanks to Ivo, RD and every 1 for the good racing

Heh..u give me hard time 10-15min...:)))..maybe even more...nice defense man..

Ufff I knew I would not be fast and put down the time for qualification but there somehow in the end I found a set that can be at least one fast lap. Set for the race was very slow ( ichange something before race and it was wrong :)) and then I went to drive safely as you can be in these wet conditions. Race 1 was everything went according to plan until I looked in one lap little longer to table to see how everyone doing ... and when i put my look down i know I go into the sand :))).. lost 5 - 6 places .. and then again I managed to overtake few drivers and finish 14th :(( ,
Race 2 .. "do not watch over the table" :)))... and so it was and I managed to keep the concentration and reach 10 place, it might be even better but Reggie "killed" me with his defense, since the wet track is very difficult to drive behind someone very close and wait for chance, the battle lasted for over half of race and finally he opened a little door that I used and overtake him . :) ..

Sorry Jay, if I am guilty in Race 1 for a small incident as I recall it was when I tried to takeover u from outside in corner, it seems to go in a big bow, one more sorry if i am guilty, later tonight when I come home from work if I manage to catch the time to watch a replay I will than i will see if i need even bigger apologize :).

Worst race of the championship for me (yet...).
I had a good pace, managed 40.9 on practice. But on qualy I couldn't pull a decent lap. I started 8th.
Race was very hard for me, my computer is not that good, and in the middle of the pack and raining was too much to ask from him... I was very concentrated not to make any mistake, but it just kept happening. I cought someone on R1 in the middle of T1 facing backwards, I hit him hard and went off with severe damage, my lap times went 2 secs up.

Race 2 a lot of mistakes and bumping also, something to forget.

I had my brothers in my place, they kept enterring the room asking me when it was over, I guess my concentration was over...

Hope to do better next time.

Qualifying: After a few attlempts I did a 1m41.5, beating my PB by over half a second - but still
only 14th on the grid.

Race1: Made a move on Erling early on, then a few people had offs moving me up into 9th place
with Matthias Klein ahead. Thats how it stayed for a long time, with me edging closer as the laps
went by, car feeling good, until his tyres appeared to go off and I was able to pass him with a
lunge into turn 1.

Now began to pull away from him and had the battling 308s of James Fellows and Ariel Doman a
couple of seconds down the road. I wasn't really able to make much of an impression and it took
a mistake from James to enable me to attack. I got a run on the outside which became the inside
heading down to the old final corner but I couldn't slow it down. went straight on into the gravel,
into the wall and had to reverse to get out. Sorry I caused you to run very wide there JF - it was
an ambitious move that didn't pay off- but I had to try with only 2 laps to go :)

Having not made a mistake until that point I had well and truly lost my rythym and with Reggie
pressuring it wasn't long before he passed me too and I was down to 10th. Especially annoying
as he was right behind me in the standings but still a top 10 finish was more than I'd hoped for.

Race 2: Determined to make up for race 1 moved past Reggie on lap 1 and after a bit of defending from Erling began to pull away and latch onto the train ahead. It was a novelty to have Jepser within sight for so long.

Lap 10 and I was still in the queue of cars battling for 4th, it was manic a times (see pic)
Lap 11, James falls back into the battle and Erling passes me for 10th, it gets a bit crazy coming off the back straight with Alfas all over the place. and I bump Erling but let him back though but Andreas took advantage and passes both of us into 9th place. Erling goes off allowing me back into 10th but not for long as he retakes the place then gets the sliding Andreas too.

After a failed outbrake on Andreas I was now under pressure from and unexpectedly quick Dubravko. I was struggling for grip and on lap 17 he passed me as I ran wide. Andreas had gone even wider and lost position to both of us. Just managed to keep it on the road to finish 11th.

I was feeling pessimistic going into this race, just making it to the finish was the aim so that said my results were a nice surprise although a little frustrating as it could have been better had I not made that mistake in race 1. It was good fun though and reaffirmed by love of wet races. Can't wait for the video :D

Roll on Long Beach

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2011-03-21 20-40-33-85.jpg
    Race_Steam 2011-03-21 20-40-33-85.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 219
Highlight video's of the action packed third round of the RD Touring Car Championship at Nogaro.
Video made by Jari Vinnari with commentary from Ryan Callan.

Race 1:

Race 2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%