2011/2 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at practice server ready to ride the race, people seen that I am online. But dropped my internet connecton, my ADSL operator was shut down for 2 hours across the country Montenegro... Fu*****g T-com, fu*****g Balkan. Sorry :(

realy bad race for me.. was sick the hole weekend so my laptimes where horrible :( race 1 i had great fun at the first laps but then my head decided to not collaborate^^ in race 2 i decided to abort after getting overlapped... not realy my day

cya all next time for the last round,
thx for RD for the event

Special thanks for Jadran...he remind me to check again for wet tires, and i say its ok i have wet set..(i only make wet set)...and than ..name of set was rac wet...and i go see tires..and it was SLICK :)))..i didnt save set...lol..maybe i idnt have great set but i have wet tires...and Jadran didnt :)...

well that was fun. first thanks to fred for talking me into sticking about.

shame for Ivan not being able to make it. saw the efforts he'd been putting in.

qual 13 - not too bad new PB in there so couldn't compain.

race 1 - started dry then rain. slicks on wet was the order of the day - providing you could keep the heat in - and that i did. 8 minutes to go and i was down at 54degrees but continued onto the end. great fighting with lots of people along the way. each taking it in turn to find there was less grip when we led the queue. plaudits to Hugo for giving me back place after a wee tap in last corner on last lap. very sporting. P5 finish.

race 2 - well seemed to go backwards here. my semi cautious approach on the first lap costing me. a few laps and Mark Dan and myself are fighting on over the same piece of tarmac. Marks car seems to go straight between us, clipping my front right but then spearing into Dan on the outside of the corner. seeing above an unfortunate disconnect. this though put me in a gap with no cars about and lack of concentration with nothing to occupy the racing mind spun and allowed 2 cars to pass me. last few laps of the race were spent recovering the positions to finish P10.

overall very happy. great racing by everyone in the tricky conditions. most difficult bit was lag of Zeynel Babacan which i think caught a couple of people out.

overall very happy. great racing by everyone in the tricky conditions. most difficult bit was lag of Zeynel Babacan which i think caught a couple of people out.

yup i have a problem i think i hit 2 time Babcan but he just created in front of me ..10-15 times..but i think 2 time like i hit some wall or something and slow me down...for few sec...Keith have sam problem i see it in front of me and i see when Fred i think hit also but he go out of track..after corner was scary...suddenly car standing :)))...and i push brake than car disappears..and uff..ok its only babacan...:)...mr. Hudini...:)...Zeynel u have same problem like we have or in race for u was everything normal?

In every event of this season except Anderstorp I was really good in qualifying and struggling in the races. Of course, this was no difference. I didn't practice hotlaps because I thought, hey, maybe I'm gonna qualify in the midfield and I can actually pass someone during the race, but then I made it to Q2 again and started 6th eventually.

I had a good start and was running in 3rd or 4th, followed by Jimi Hughes. He gave me a lot of pressure and I was surprised how long I could hold on to my position. I was pushing hard, driving 110% and the inevitable happened: I spun.
When the rain started, all hope was gone. I was on slick tyres and spun my way to the finish in 13th or so? I don't remember.

The second race was much better. In the beginning it was hard to see anything so I drove very cautiously, and everywhere around the track I saw people spinning. I was in 7th place during the first part of the race and had a good duel with Tobias Olsson, and later Diogo Lopes joined too. I fought for my position, but I didn't want to risk another spin so I had to let them go. Finished 9th.

I'm probably not able to drive in Spa (I will give you definate notice soon enough, Remco), so when I look at my decision to take the BMW in retrospective, I have mixed feelings. Certainly I learned a lot about RWD handling, and my qualifying times were surprisingly good, but in the races I wasn't really good. Especially when my tyres were worn or the conditions were difficult like here in race 1, I was struggling and I either spun or was easy to pass.
It's entertaining if you watch it from the outside but when I drive the car and spin it, I feel like a jerk. I've also caused some accidents that were really unnecessary like the one with Hugo Gonçalves.
After the Adelaide race I took my good old Seat Leon for some laps and after three of them, I had beaten Miguel Neto's pole time. Also, when I drove other races in the Racing Club here like with the Sciroccos, I had great fights, could take care of my tyres and even win once.
If there is RDTCC S8 (and I hope so), I will be back with FWD for sure.

report later...but first ..u will see 4 picture....and belive or not ..its from race 1 and then race 2..:)

race 1

http://imageshack.us/f/411/racesteam20111016225611.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/851/racesteam20111016225643.jpg/

race 2

http://imageshack.us/f/849/racesteam20111016225804.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/16/racesteam20111016225821.jpg/

hehehehe..lilke i say ..great race for me..and finish..uff...

and Emil its little strange to finish after 30 min of drive...to times in a row in almost same time and same place :)))

as always my work mess up with my practice hours, so once again, a race without practice...

Qualified 20th after testing the setup in Q1..

Race 1: Planned a strategy where i would go out with almost enough fuel, go in and change tires and fill up 10 more liters of fuel when the rain starts.. got myself up to 16th when i entered pits for tire change, and stupid as i am i forgot to accept fuel... doh!!
So got back on track, caught up to 16th place again and with only one lap left i was behind Daniel Higgins who had some issues with the car i think.. i may have beaten you on the last lap, but i did not want to risk any points so i drove into pit lane for an "splash and dash"! ended 18th

Race 2: Got a great start and after most of the first lap i was in 11th!
Almost got sideswiped by Diego Lopez when he rejoined the track but it was ok, until the last corner in lap one where Diego out braked himself and hit me from behind... i spun 720 degrees i think and rejoined in 17th..
Luckily i was not the only one having trouble so i fought my way back up to 10th position when Keith spun his car in T1.. Then we had an AWESOME fight trough the rest of the race where we both made small errors now and then, but there was allot of close fighting.. During some of the battles i chose to back down since i did not want to risk any of us wrecking or spinning the car, so when i got a little powerslide after the corner before Dunlop straight Keith got away from me...
Finished 11th and is SUPERHAPPY!! :D this was an really fun event!! MOAR RAIN PLIIIIZE :tongue:

joakim - good report but tip for you. in the short sprint races carry the fuel for the race don't opt for a refuel. as you have to cut the engine for the top up then restart you will be slower. (plus it stops wee errors like you done :))

report later...but first ..u will see 4 picture....and belive or not ..its for race 1 and then race 2..:)

race 1

http://imageshack.us/f/411/racesteam20111016225611.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/851/racesteam20111016225643.jpg/

race 2

http://imageshack.us/f/849/racesteam20111016225804.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/16/racesteam20111016225821.jpg/

hehehehe..lilke i say ..great race for me..and finish..uff...

and Emil its little strange to finish after 30 min of drive...to times in a row in almost same time and same place :)))

wow :O

I would have liked to put a posative post up about what a great race we had tonight, but unfortunately I cannot bring myself to do a report in the scheme of things now.

R.I.P Dan Wheldon. You will be greatly missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%