2011 World Touring Car Championship

Times: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93125

Nice to see Turkington back. First BMW in Q2, great job. However, if he manages to stay with the leading pack in the races, then it'll say a lot about poor WTCC, considering that Colin can barely get further than midpack in STCC.

A bit disappointed to not see Boardman this time though, I kinda expected him to come back to the British meeting considering that BTCC is in Summer break.

Also, race 2 is going to be epic with the Chevy 8-9-10. I'm wondering if they will actually manage to get back on the leading group before the end of the race.

Times: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93125

Nice to see Turkington back. First BMW in Q2, great job. However, if he manages to stay with the leading pack in the races, then it'll say a lot about poor WTCC, considering that Colin can barely get further than midpack in STCC.

A bit disappointed to not see Boardman this time though, I kinda expected him to come back to the British meeting considering that BTCC is in Summer break.

Also, race 2 is going to be epic with the Chevy 8-9-10. I'm wondering if they will actually manage to get back on the leading group before the end of the race.

Don't forget about Turkington that he raced on this track several times, while he have never driven on the Scandinavian tracks earlier. :)

WTCC annoys me, foprced myself to watch it today - just looked like a destruction derby, there are a handful of drivers with proper world class talent and the rest are just aggressive wreckers... complete joke of a series IMO!

WTCC annoys me, foprced myself to watch it today - just looked like a destruction derby, there are a handful of drivers with proper world class talent and the rest are just aggressive wreckers... complete joke of a series IMO!

The funny thing is that it is probably one of the stricter touring car series of the world on contacts. People seems to be complaining about it but in BTCC or even STCC I do not think they would be giving a single penalty in that round.

We have many good clean races in a season, but this weekend saw more incident than normal. Also one of the best World Class drivers in Tarquini was in the middle of most of them. It doesn't mean poor standards, just a bad day at the office!!!!

Muller has a 3 place grid penalty for the next race but i think Tarquini should have been punished aswell he's a very very experienced racer and should know the difference between right and wrong

I had a good day marshaling on the inside of the loop, i didnt get any incidents other than turkington spinning right infront of me. At lunch i met Turkington and a few other drivers in the toilet lol, if you ever want an autograph this is the best place to wait :)

The first race was very good, some good racing in it.

Race 2 was more destruction and bad driving, particularly by Tarquini. He's got reprimanded but I'm surprised he wasn't punished more.

I hate the British summer though...but it does make for some nice photos.

270731_2048472444384_1021640693_32273435_8140689_n.jpg
285325_2048472924396_1021640693_32273438_6293577_n.jpg

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 410 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 280 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 123 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.5%
Back