2012 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even compare, Button showed some great skills on that race. I have yet to see an amazing move by Vettel, nothing special he's done today. Hell, nothing special he's done the whole season. Alonso's overtake on Webber today alone, makes up for all the things Vettel did.

Don't even compare, Button showed some great skills on that race. I have yet to see an amazing move by Vettel, nothing special he's done today. Hell, nothing special he's done the whole season. Alonso's overtake on Webber today alone, makes up for all the things Vettel did.
You do realize that Alonso had 10 Km/h more top speed in the straight...

Alonso now catching up to Kimi!

Driver of the YEAR, regardless of him wininng the WC or not, he has shown raw driver speed and how to properly manhandle a slow car. Last time I saw something that way, Ayrton Senna was manhandling his car beyond anything else..

am I saying they are equal, nowhere near equal, but yes he is world class driver, who can score without Adrian to be his crutch.

Vettel had much more speed on straight a few moments on Button, did he make the move? Nope, he couldn't. That's the difference, he's stil behind Button on better tires. He can't overtake, he's just great starting up front with nobody to pass. Plain simple.
When Button was behind Alsonso, Button also used DRS! That´s why Vettel obviously couldn't pass. But when Alonso got away and Button wasn't in the DRS zone anymore, Vettel passed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 508 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 311 42.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 335 45.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 164 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 199 26.9%
Back